Author Topic: Bridgeston City Ruins! [PUBLIC]  (Read 29757 times)

Echoing harmony

Re: Bridgeston City Ruins! [PUBLIC]
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2015, 01:28:25 am »
This map is beautiful!!
You put a lot of detail into this, I think this is one of the best maps I have ever seen.
Once again, great job!!  :D

Offline mysticmoon76

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2015, 11:02:38 pm »
READ
Due to the high demand for these maps and the fact that my friends and I will no longer be roleplaying in them as frequently as we used to, I have decided to allow the public gain access to them. I ask you read EVERYTHING before you download and use the map, (My rules may be a bit different from other's rules so READ them, do NOT skim because of some similarities) otherwise you're liable to get blocked as well as promote my consideration for keeping my maps private from here on out. These maps were used privately for a very long time and I can turn them into such again, but right now Im having a little faith in other players to behave themselves.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
The characters in the screenshots of the hotel belong to their respective players, and I thank all of them for their help with allowing me to take pictures to put up on the walls. And a special thanks to Graciegirl_23 for the color recomendations of the hotel. Nearly all of the objects in the maps were either FROM the game /OR/ built out of shape meshes from the game and retextured either using textures that I made OR were from the game. The ONLY exception to this is the low poly waterfall created by Hamilton. So those planes, houses, etc and stuff you see were built in object maker, not downloaded.

1. Basic rules of the game apply here. And for heaven's sake, no mating in this map. If you want your characters to have offspring it will not kill you to skip that part. We all know where babies come from, and we don't need to hear nor see it. Do not godmod or powerplay. [And I would prefer you not autohit, but Ill leave that between you and the person you RP with] I will add more rules here as becomes necessary so its your responsibility to check back on them.

2. REALIZE that these maps were used for a roleplay before. Originally these maps were a set of six, rather than twelve and they were "uncursed" and through the course of the RP, I acctually "remade" the original six in their current state and made six more. Things happened here before to get these maps to the state that theyre in. That said, if your character enters these maps and they were not apart of that RP, they're not going to know what happened here.

Your character can THINK they know what happened all you want them to, but they can't KNOW unless they speak to another character who [truthfully!] has been there before and has knowledge of what took place and the odds of that happening are relatively slim because those who escape usually do not have the reason nor intention of coming back. There are, however, a VERY small few that may. Do not assume you know what happened here in Bridgesteon. It was'nt a disease, it was'nt a takeover by aliens, and it certainly was not an apocalypse either. Any cities around Bridgeston would have been perfectly fine compared to here so if your character is domestic and from a city, whatever took place in that other city, good or bad has NO relation to what has gone on here.
Moral of the story: YOUR CHARACTERS KNOW NOTHING UPON WALKING INTO THE MAPS. I know which characters took place in this role play because I know their players.

3. You characters can NOT have lived here "before the tragedy struck" or "all of their lives" or "for a very long time"  OR have "owners who used to be in the city" Why? Because that would suggest your character should know something about what happened, and that drags us straight back to rule number two. 

4. THIS CITY IS VOID OF HUMAN NPCS. [Non-player characters that you "pretend" are there. There are NO human NPCS.] What does this mean? There are no "dog catchers" or "scientsits out to catch little doggies to expirement on" because theyre NOT HERE. Those sort of folks were not here to begin with anyway and virtually all of mankind [And most other animals!] have beat a hasty retreat out of here, and the rest of them have fought their way out so they are G O N E. You CAN pretend to have your character find corpses of either humans or animas (domestic dogs, coyotes, domestic cats and other urban animals) but they wont provide much evidence to the cause of their demise as theyve likely decayed by now. Moral of the story: Unless an ACTUAL REAL player brings a human character into the map, there are no humans here. Not even your regular "everyday passerby" Everyone is GONE.

5. I don't mind what method of RPing you prefer be it script or para-RPing, you will at least make an effort to be somewhat literate, either in character or out of character. I understand some people have legitimate issues with reading and writing but the majority does not. I don't expect you know how to spell all of your words but it is not too much to ask you to capitalize your I's, the start of a sentence, and end with a period.

6. I don't mind what species you bring to RP here so long as it is not a flat-out herbivore. All of the plant life is virtually dead anyway so there's nothing for those sort of critters around here. There's hardly anything for carnivores to begin with, given that information. All of the same rules apply to any species be it wolf, dragon, cat, whatever.

7. You can bring a group in here if you like although Im not sure why anyone [IC anyway] would want to stay here. You can RP here as long as you want but if you plan to claim an area, Im a bit apprehensive about that so you just need to talk to me about it through a private message first. I dont bite. ^^;

8. You may notice the "pictures" hanging up in the hotel as well as in the Subway as well as the eggs in the airfield. These were all used as easter eggs or ways of decorating the walls. The screenshots are of the characters of some of my friends on here. I did'nt intend for them to be used as part of anyone's roleplay. I don't care if your character acknowledges that there is a picture on the wall but please, dont have your character going around "recognizing" people from the walls a RP because while in character, those images would be something different/irelevant, or at least thats how I intended it.

9. Comments encouraged and appreciated!

The smell of Bridgeston is the smell of rot. A dark eerie haze hangs over the sky, discoloring it permanently to a sickening green or bloody crimson shades during what should have been daylight hours. However, here is no daylight here. The few trees that remain standing are fragile to the touch, their bark wasting away in flakes. Most of the wood that remains in the collapsed houses creaks and the bricks are anything but stable. The spirit of the lands around the city has long since fled, leaving in her wake the remains of the damage that it and so many others had struggled in vain to stop.

These lands are just an inch short of inhospitable. Most of the water is not suitable for consumption, the grass is dead, and the buildings have been left in ruin. Trash and broken glass litters the street and the lights have been left on in many of the buildings to sit and buzz until they shut off. Other areas have been tampered with so much that some of the lightpoles dont have power at all. Something so meaningless as a rusting car, or a collapsed house has been used as a hiding place, but now? They sit alone and cold, slowly withering away to nothing. Although its been said the causes of this tragedy have long since moved on, leaving no more than their damage in their wake, it may be in your best interest to proceed with caution...

(There are twelve maps total in this map pack. They are all interconnected and hidden within themselves meaning you will not have a dozen maps lined up along the cape. The entrance to these maps is Bridgeston Park Ruins. From there you can choose to head to Bridgeston South or North and look for other maps there. This is a set that is very easy to get lost in, so know that the way you is always going to be Bridgeston Park or your homepoint button. Also, not every map will lead to another map and on the other hand some maps will lead to other maps but they wont be blantantly obvious and easy to see. That said, you may need to search every inch of the map to get to the next one. The ones I know most people have a hard time finding is the Sewer entrance (hint: Look around the warehouse's map!), and the Housing Project (hint: Its located in the south!)) The twelve maps are the park, the south, the housing project, the gas station, downtown, the hotel parking lot, inside of the hotel, the north, the warehouse, the sewer, the subway, and the abandoned airfield.

YOU MUST READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING OR THE MAP SET WILL /NOT/ WORK

Due to the fact that there ARE twelve maps, I have split the map into two seperat downloads. What you must do is download AND install the first download. Everything should go in exports except for the ceiling mat files and ceiling textures which will go in the "structures" folder. Once you have done everything and ONLY once youve done everything, download the second download and install it. DO NOT DO THIS OUT OF ORDER. If you do, the map set will not function properly. Its not that complicated, just do one then the other.

I KNOW some people have issues with the outside of the hotel showing up. [It looks like a portal in front of a blank space] I will post a download here with the needed file later. I forgot an FHO file for the hotel parking lot.

Download One:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x6p6kjhdrpi127d

Download Two:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n0bred08bdpo1m1

Downloading soon as possible!!!
~I'm the Mystic Moon~

I enjoy Warrior Cat rps, exploring maps & even other rps. You can also find me on Dogzer .net, Lionzer .com, Farmzer .com & even Wolf Quest 2.7. I also play Team Drift Cats on Girls go games.com

Offline Mea_WolfenX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Mea_WolfenX
    • MeaWolfenX
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2015, 12:03:03 pm »
Very Nice 
I Am Mea_WolfenX...

http://tinyurl.com/dxaw8ck <My FH Creations ... FH Preset Creations > https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60376.0
http://soulsoflegacy.boards.net/ < Owner Of