Author Topic: (Open-Source) Castroval Map  (Read 1867 times)

SoulRevenge

(Open-Source) Castroval Map
« on: December 23, 2013, 02:37:06 am »

-No screenshots provided at the moment. If someone would be so kind as to screenshot a few things for me, as I can no longer even download my own map, that would be dearly appreciated. Please send these through the FeralHeart PM system.

Special thanks to ~Stargazer~ for providing screenshots!

This is a former roleplay map. It is currently open-sourced, and will NOT be updated despite it being a WIP.
  If interested in starting a roleplay group in here, that uses this map, you MUST contact me. Believe me, I can find out otherwise.

Map Credits

- DoctorRask/Me; object-placer, height map-generator, and roleplay creator.
- Tetsu for many of the furniture meshes used.
- Ouka for some trees.
- Theirry and her WoW converted meshes and her own, personal creations; as well as his courtesy to keep stuff low-poly.
- Nowe the Kid for more WoW converted meshes.
- Jayfeather55 for many, many smaller objects.
- Glave, and her fantastic ability to make things even without blender.
- Hamilton.
- Blizzard; the company that originally made the WoW models.

The map downloads are sorted below. They are only two; one containing an object pack without particles (which is downloaded alongside everything else) and another with particles attached. This map is to face many, many updates in the future; particles or no particles will not be a choice.

With Particles- http://www.mediafire.com/download/7pp0t6gocixxa1n/Castroval%282%29.zip
Without Particles- http://www.mediafire.com/download/jydd9qap576mc4m/Castroval.fho

Note
Okay, so, I'm sorry about the inconveniences this might've caused anyone downloading.
But, in order to make the 'no particles' version work, you HAVE to download the
'with particles' version, and then because the without particles version is just castroval.fho
without any particles intact, download that and replace the castroval.fho file with the particles
with the new castroval.fho, which doesn't have particles.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:47:43 am by FlyingTuck »

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: (Open-Source) Castroval Map
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 03:29:36 am »
I would love to take some screenshots of this map for you dearie. However, I would have to wait until tomorrow before I download this. According to mom, no games after 10. Until then I'm posting this here so I will not forget the download. Can't wait to see it though, I bet it looks great.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 03:52:36 am »
I'll be sure to check it out the images when Stargazer gets the screenshots. In the meantime, thanks for posting this.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 12:36:27 am »
Updated! Thank you, ~Stargazer~ for heading in there and taking a bunch of screenies for me~

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 12:48:18 am »
Ms. Starry indeed took some wonderful screenshots. It was rather generous of her to do so. She did quite a good job.
As for the map, it's been a while since I've seen a medieval-displayed map with this unique detail and creativity. I won't be surprised if I see a roleplay or two being held here sometime in the future.
+floof for both of ye'.
gone

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 03:05:12 am »
Bootiful screenshots C: Nice job on the map, Calliph, and great screenshots, Stargazer! +floof for both of you.<3

Offline Schriftsteller

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 04:11:03 pm »
Would you mind if I used this for a RP?

Offline avomeir

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • "What a twist of events..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 10:54:21 pm »
Beautifully put together map Calliph, the theme is very enticing and captivating, it isn't often that you see a medieval map of such stature. Stargazer's screenshots highlighted very well the detail lying within, it certainly looks like a well put together map. I will have to download it and explore at some point. +floof for the two of you.
Find me in game on Volaticus.~
Signature - TrinityZiel@dA -- Avatar - Attsos.
Somewhat inactive via forums due to a variety of different things.