Author Topic: Arwr Ffordd (Hero Way)  (Read 2554 times)

DR4IG

Arwr Ffordd (Hero Way)
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:06:21 pm »
 This is the first map I've decided to release that I'm relatively proud of. It's a generally Forest-y feel to it, with plenty of caves to set your HOME position to and flora galore! There's also temples where I plan to connect the other two maps I'm working on also. For now, The existing one that works is the entry/Exit point to Cape of Distant worlds which can be seen in the snapshot further below.

I'm just boggled by my failure to manage a single .MESH upload, Either from IT or my own work I've been exporting with BLENDER, So I'm using the default objects but I tried to find some rhyme and reason to the placement so it looks fairly good. Snapshots and file link to map below. Please let me know of anything missing/Bugs and I'll quash them as I finish working on it.

FILE LINK:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 05:49:13 pm by Gormod_Chywion »

Offline Ritsuka

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
  • Tasha, .::Axel::., Bakura~
    • View Profile
Re: Arwr Ffordd (Hero Way)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 04:31:06 pm »
Ill probably download this when im home, cant wait to check it out. :)

Pet's name: Kokoron
My Screenies ^-^

DR4IG

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 02:12:13 pm »
Ill probably download this when im home, cant wait to check it out. :)

Thanks. I've so far managed to figure out how to get the mesh objects into FH but not their material/Textures yet. :P So hopefully I can get some help with that minor nuisance (Posted a help topic about it elsewhere!) and soon be building maps with my own models and such. :P

I build all manner of things for other maps I make for other games, But I have experience with textures (One jpg or png etc) as opposed to materials (A file of texture/Texture effect infos.) so this is still a bit of a problem for me. It's not that the existing models are bad or anything, I just prefer working in scales I'm used to, And want a bit more control over shape and texture. (I'm VERY picky about how textures stretch on models :P)

viperstrikes

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 06:13:22 am »
When I try pressing the link it says webpage not found O.O.. Any help? XD

DR4IG

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 03:46:17 pm »
When I try pressing the link it says webpage not found O.O.. Any help? XD

I don't have any other place to host my files right now that I trust, So sort of stuck using skydrive and it's unesessarily long links. :P

Offline Vitaniosm

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 01:48:36 pm »
nice map;)

Feed him please :3

Offline Ritsuka

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
  • Tasha, .::Axel::., Bakura~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 02:23:30 pm »
Try using Mediafire, it's just as easy as anything else

Pet's name: Kokoron
My Screenies ^-^

DR4IG

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 05:17:20 pm »
nice map;)

Thanks. Working on a five-map set now that I got the hang of the land and trees and stuff. Just trying for the life of me to make a bunch of nice models for it, And find some trees beside the usual oak/fir two I been using. Trees aren't my modelling forte. :P

Try using Mediafire, it's just as easy as anything else

I've had bad luck in the past with mediafire and megaupload but I'm looking for a less.. Troublesome alternative right now. Might even end up hooking up a spare box for a fileserver or something. :P

LATER EDIT: Found BOX.NET which, Although it doesn't have any direct link options for a free account still works. Updated file link to point to newer link. Turns out skyDrive now changes the URL every few hours so unless I change my file link, It won't work. I was unaware of this new 'feature', SkyDrive USEDto work fine. :}
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 05:50:53 pm by Gormod_Chywion »

DR4IG

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 04:25:35 pm »
 I've been out-of-world for awhile now and came back to find the patch had broken the map (.FHZ no longer works post-patch!) and noticed in my email notifications people were still downloading it. At the moment it doesn't look like I'll be able to convert it to the new format, Unless someone has a way to turn a .fhz into an exported new map. I don't have the original files I used to create the map sadly.

So, I'll be making a newer version of the map soon, hopefully this time with some new meshes hopefully. Again, Sorry for the inconvinience.. :/

Offline Kiyoi

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 05:14:42 pm »
you could use tinyurl, it'll make the url links shorter, http://tinyurl.com/