Author Topic: ~Snow Leopard Valley~  (Read 3509 times)

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
~Snow Leopard Valley~
« on: August 11, 2016, 04:57:54 am »
Hey all, so after a long few years of being totally computer-less, as I spoke of in my re-introduction post about a week ago, I'm now officially back into my map making game! It's a very heavy addiction for me and although I'm still a novice at it, I enjoy my work that I do. Another plus to the maps I create: They're low-end computer friendly! My computer is not in tip top shape honestly, so if my computer lags on the map, I know there are others out there that would suffer the same if they were in my situation graphic card-wise. I like to keep it simple when it comes to map making and keep the lag at a minimum so no worries there about struggling to play on this map.

A real quick and super important note: All of these meshes that I have within my map, other than my little rocktex7.jpg file that I've included to make your mountains the same color as mine if you wish, are meshes I have searched for endlessly on DeviantArt as well as here on the Feral Heart Forums! None of these meshes within my map are mine and I, in no way whatsoever, stake any claim to them. If anything, I would like to thank everyone else for their marvelous hardwork in converting and creating the meshes they uploaded; if it weren't for them, my cute little map wouldn't have been possible! Thank you!!

Now without further ado: Here are some quick screenies of my map I created for the awesome Leopard group I am in, though the map is open to any who would like to use it as well! :D

Need a little sun in your fur? Relax your little feline self(or canine self) on these rocks and it'll surely hit the spot.

Feeling hungry? Grab a bite to eat at "The Elk Stops Here" drive thru! :D

Awww! Duckies, how cute!

Need a little casual entertainment? Grab your popcorn and watch these bucks go at it. ;)

If you're aching for a chilly swim, there's plenty of salmon under that waterfall to snack on. I hear they're pretty large in size as well.

There's two total den spots on this map. Here is the pretty awesome one in my personal opinion.

This is the second den spot, I loveeeee the ribs. Then again, who doesn't? :D

Last but not least, we have a quaint little abandoned farm as well as an old house nearby. Or is it really abandoned?

If you're totally interested in downloading this map, which I would loveeeeee it if you were, the download link for it is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ck8pms6w6oxevlf/Leopard_Valley.zip

Also, if you'd like to add a little spice to your mountain colors and actually have it match the stony terrain seen in the images above, the download for that texture is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rq0lba1h4q7hp4n/rockTex7.jpg

A little side note for the Rock Texture: Personally I just replaced the current rocktex7.jpg file in my FeralHeart folder, it was just easier and I enjoy the color of the rocks better anyways. But you're welcome to fix it up however you like!

Another little extra note: You're welcome to send me a whisper on my character Cathasaigh, seen in the screenshots above, and give me a little feedback through her or if you have any questions you can also ask me through her as well. I'm on her pretty frequently so you'll most likely always get an answer from me. Also, if I'm not online at the time, you can ALWAYS PM me here on the Forum website, I check my mail everyday so you can expect a reply within a day at the most. I appreciate all comments, questions, as well as suggestions, so post away! Thank you for your time and hope you enjoy!

Much love from, Kana'ti, Cathasaigh, and Myself <3

I Ship It!

Re: ~Snow Leopard Valley~
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 04:59:46 am »
That's very pretty map! It certainly looks nice for any feline friend :3

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 05:03:34 am »
The map looks wonderful! Great job :3

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 05:09:24 am »
This is so beautiful omg! Definitely downloading this!

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 06:48:16 am »
Thank y'all! Let me know if there's any issues with downloading it, I tried the download myself and it worked out fine, but if there is a bug that pops up just let me know and I'll try to get a quick fix for it! I appreciate the compliments! :D

Offline VehementlyVamp

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?� "Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'" �?
    • VehementlyVampirical
    • NevermoreNovels
    • View Profile
    • Official Site
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 12:39:00 pm »
This map looks really nice! I love when people add animals into them. I think it gives it a more realistic touch. Will definitely check it out today c:
Married to Damon -6.7.16.- <3

-Not all those who wander are lost.-

"Love is the only thing worth fighting for."-Daniel Grigori

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 02:47:24 pm »
I totally agree with you there, Vamp. Even if the animals don't move, it still gives that realistic feeling about the map and it's environment. :D  I really appreciate you checking it out! Let me know how it goes for you!!

Offline VehementlyVamp

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ?� "Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'" �?
    • VehementlyVampirical
    • NevermoreNovels
    • View Profile
    • Official Site
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 02:52:18 pm »
I totally agree with you there, Vamp. Even if the animals don't move, it still gives that realistic feeling about the map and it's environment. :D  I really appreciate you checking it out! Let me know how it goes for you!!
It went well! No lag and I like the size of it. It's not so big that I get lost in it
Married to Damon -6.7.16.- <3

-Not all those who wander are lost.-

"Love is the only thing worth fighting for."-Daniel Grigori

Offline dawnfeather1012

• Curious Wanderer
  • ~Kana'ti the Huntress~
    • LittleGoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 04:37:27 pm »
It went well! No lag and I like the size of it. It's not so big that I get lost in it

That's awesome! Thanks for letting me know how it went for you! I'll be working on some more maps pretty soon, hopefully they go as smoothly as this one :D Enjoy!