Author Topic: Patch 1.17: Some things are better kept secret...  (Read 59346 times)

Offline rosewater

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.17: Some things are better kept secret...
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2019, 08:43:26 pm »
hi! what a lovely concept and update!
the only thing im having issues with right now is trying to use custom, or different canine animations.
does this update not allow animations anymore? or is it just a bug?
I'd like to see this get fixed!

regards~
Hello! I hope you're having a blessed day, welcome to my signature!
Feel free to send me a message to chat, if you want to!

Offline StormyKnight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
  • Forever I shall reign
    • xSTORMYKNIGHTx
    • Shocker the StormCat
    • View Profile
    • STORMCATS
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2019, 08:55:58 pm »
the only thing im having issues with right now is trying to use custom, or different canine animations.

regards~

I have this same issue and I think it's just another bug that needs fixing.

"I AM THE STORM"

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2019, 09:13:15 pm »

regards~

Hello! I suggest taking a look at this thread here if you're having trouble with your animations.

Older animations that were made before the 1.17 update will not work and will need to be updated.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Moonzy

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2019, 09:34:21 pm »
Hello this is Spiritual,
                                      I have had issues after downloading the update and I have some questions on how to fix it. I started playing FH a couple of months ago and I had downloaded textures and items to add on to the folder. However, when I updated FH to the 1.17 patch, I would add the textures and items to the folder but when I open the game a tab would pop up and say "feral-heart.exe has stopped working". If you have any method on how to fix this please contact me back asap if possible. I really love this game, I've waited for it to open for 4 years already and I want to keep playing.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2019, 09:44:01 pm »
Hey Spiritual! After putting those textures and items into the correct folder, did you make sure you replaced the cfg. file as well? Please PM me with your reply ^-^

To avoid clutter, if you need help with any issues, please visit our Help boards located > here < and create a thread with a description of your problem.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 01:19:05 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2019, 11:04:38 pm »

Until now!

With great excitement we present you with the FeralHeart patch 1.17! This isn’t the only big news though... Thanks to the assistance of an old community contact who wishes to remain anonymous, we have attained the source code. You read that right! For those who may be unaware or just joining the fun now, the game’s code hasn’t been modified since 2011. In the years since, the FeralHeart community has remained loyal, hopeful, and strong throughout the ups and downs, and so it is with great joy that we can finally reveal this great news with you all. As we take this next step forward in Feral Heart’s development we staff want to take a moment to thank all of those who faithfully stuck through with Feral Heart through out the years.

We want you to know that we'll be continuously updating and building Feral Heart not just for you but with you. Please let us know if you have any feedback and report bugs as you see them! Bug reports can be submitted HERE

Now with all this said let’s get down to the details!

A New Character Joins the FH Staff Roster:

I’m very pleased to announce that xSpirit has joined us as a programmer on Feral Heart. They’re a passionate and skilled coder and it’s been an immense pleasure working with them since they came aboard on the project. xSpirit is very determined to improve the game to better enhance the fun of the experience for everyone. Feral Heart is lucky to have them. Be sure to give them a nice warm welcome and plenty floofs for all their tireless efforts. If it wasn’t for all their hard work we wouldn’t have this lovely update to share with you all!

xSpirit’s Change Log for Patch 1.17 (With Rain Comes Rainbows):

• Tail size slider option added: The ability was always there to modify your characters' size, but there remained one body part which was awfully lacking in size variation... The tail! From now on you can set the size of each character's tail making them more customizable. Small tail, or big tail, it's your choice!

• Individual color selection option for markings, manes, & tufts added: Markings, manes, and tufts now have their own separate independent color selectors. Head, body, and tail markings no longer are confined to one color choice and manes can be an entirely separate color from tufts. Sparkle dogs & cats alike can now level up their colorfulness... Feel the rainbow taste the rainbow.

• New Custom Emote slider added: Character expressions can now be even more personalized. With the emote slider you have the option to combine and contort your character’s face to all new fun expressions.

• Pointer toggle option added: You can disable the pointer from within the settings menu. Clicking on the ground to move your character is now optional. No more characters getting the zoomies while tabbed! (To close the tracker you simply have to click on the player again.)
  • Feline tailless option fixed: Made the feline "Tailless" really tailless.
  • New default resolution & slight changes to resolution options: The default resolution has been changed to 1024 x 768 instead of 800 x 600 because c'mon we live in the age of big screens, we can have a bigger FH :)
  • Umibozu removed?

Video Showcase of the Update
    Click Here to Watch!

Road Map for the Foreseeable Future?:

We want you to know that this is just the beginning because there are a lot of bigger things on the way! In fact there are some “breadcrumbs" of a new upcoming unfinished WIP feature already in the game. Can you find them? (Tip: Join a party!) ;)

Lastly as excited as we all are for this upcoming progress just remember to be patient and mindful that all good things come in due time. The span between patches will vary greatly as these things are dependent on multiple variables such as our programmers’ availability, abilities, resources, time, etc. In an ideal world we’d love to roll out exciting new patches frequently but we must be practical and accept that this can’t always be done. Keep in mind that some patches will focus more on improving game stability and function and or tackling bugs etc. Thank you for your understanding <3

Download:

The world of Feral Heart just got a little more colorful!
will I lose my characters, items or maps with this update?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2019, 02:42:51 am »
You will not lose your characters but you will need to back up your maps, items and other modifications to reinstall them back into the updated game ^^

regards~

It's not a bug. The custom skeletons just need the TailScale animation added to them. Check out >> this thread <<

In my post on that thread I have already fixed a bunch of animations and collected fixed animations by other users for the new patch already so go ahead and check out those download links ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Daughter

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • 𝔦'𝔪 𝔞𝔩𝔴𝔞𝔶𝔰 𝔱𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔡
    • DisBeRiley
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2019, 10:15:41 pm »
At least the game is still being updated and cared for, the kinks will be worked out! <3

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2019, 12:24:39 am »
You will not lose your characters but you will need to back up your maps, items and other modifications to reinstall them back into the updated game ^^

regards~

It's not a bug. The custom skeletons just need the TailScale animation added to them. Check out >> this thread <<

In my post on that thread I have already fixed a bunch of animations and collected fixed animations by other users for the new patch already so go ahead and check out those download links ^^

hi, what's the character update thing in the user panel? It says something like "1.17 update click only once" what does that do? Also is there a way to keep the old mouse settings? I know you mentioned there won't be any zooming while in tab mode but I used the zooming while in tab mode during videos and it was helpful

Offline SternDumpster

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2019, 06:04:23 am »
Legit so excited to hear not just about this update, but the possibilities of those to come! aaahah <3