Author Topic: That One Thing That You Won't Miss About Summer...  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
That One Thing That You Won't Miss About Summer...
« on: August 20, 2015, 01:53:45 am »
For some people, the education in school (or work, for those who have time off in the summer) will begin shortly, and for some, it has already started. Whether your summer has been fast-paced or a particularly slow one, there must be at least one thing you enjoyed about this season.

But instead of spending your time wondering why the summer had to pass so quickly or wishing you had accomplished more before the busy times begin, there must be at least one thing about this season that you will look forward to leaving behind.

Of all the things associated with summer that you might enjoy, such as being out of school or swimming, there must also be a downside to the good parts.

Whether it indeed be one of the aspects mentioned above or not, what is one thing that you particularly will not miss about the passing of summer?

I shall be interested to see your responses.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: That One Thing That You Won't Miss About Summer...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 02:03:04 am »
An interesting topic.

It seems my procrastination and laziness boosts to about %120 during summer. Now that I'm out of school, it feels as if I have all the time in the world to get things done. That means I can get this done tomorrow and that done the following week. I never do it, though. Ever. Because I have it stuck in my head that I have time, but in reality, time passes so quickly and there's never as much time as you think. It slips away too quickly, and I am left with absolutely no accomplishments in the end.

School actually puts me on track and while I might still procrastinate, it is not as bad as when I am on Summer break. That would be the one thing I'm willing to leave behind this summer- or every summer in general. I never learn, ehehh.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 02:09:48 am »
I won't miss the heat and humidity, cause those are completely unbearable for me ;-; I prefer Spring and Fall, where it's a perfect mix of warm and cool, but at about 80-100 degree weather it's just terrible to be in. Some people enjoy it, but I would much rather prefer faceplanting into the nice cool snow than sweating out at the beach while its 100 degrees out.

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 02:26:58 am »
I won't miss the heat and humidity, cause those are completely unbearable for me ;-; I prefer Spring and Fall, where it's a perfect mix of warm and cool, but at about 80-100 degree weather it's just terrible to be in. Some people enjoy it, but I would much rather prefer faceplanting into the nice cool snow than sweating out at the beach while its 100 degrees out.

Yeah I won't much miss the heat either, Thanks to genetics I sweat a lot less than I should and as a result my body is not able to vent heat properly leading to a proneness to heat-stroke and a tenancy to light-headedness  on hot days. I also tend to forget to eat and drink a LOT more in summer for some reason and it sucks. Over all I'm looking forward to my first snowy winter in about four years.

Also my brain went ahead and assumed that when you said degrees you meant it in Celsius and I had to do a double take.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 02:32:20 am »
I won't miss that time when my Boyfriend dumped me  >:(
Nor will I miss the heat :p Bring on the snow!!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 02:38:22 am »
I won't miss the heat and humidity, cause those are completely unbearable for me ;-; 

^ This so much

I'm a winter person. I love the cold weather! I can't stand summer :( I've been stuck indoors most of the summer because it's so unbearably humid and hot outside! I can't wait for thunder storms, rain, snow, and cold again. Good bye summer :D!

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 10:13:29 am »
I'm a Spring type of person, so I enjoy the cool breezes more than hot weather.

I won't miss my community pole. :P

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 12:36:38 pm »
I will not miss my crapton of Summer Trips.

That's about it.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 12:59:16 pm »
Honestly, I am definitely a summer person. I'm going to miss the heat. I'll be happy to leave the humidity behind, but it's a bitter sweet happy, because I will miss it soon after. Winter begins so quickly where I am, and lasts for about half the year. The days have begun to grow short. It's getting dark quickly now, which makes me sad.

One thing about summer I am looking forward to leaving behind is the very warm nights. I like having a cool bedroom when I sleep, so my leggies can vent my body heat better. I will sleep more soundly when the night air gets cool again.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 06:03:44 pm »
Yes, it's time! xD There aren't a lot of things I will leave behind because this is the only time were I can actually sit with my whole family and spread love. But let's see... I won't miss the disgusting things the army of the country is doing. I traveled and I did not have a good welcome: There were garbage lying all over the streets and being burnt. It's a shame because there's beauty there from nature that people are replacing it with garbage, it upsets me. And another thing, I won't miss the time when I had to leave my family because of school. Time went by so quickly and I want it to reverse back. </3