Author Topic: Who wants to ask me stuffz?  (Read 4195 times)

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Who wants to ask me stuffz?
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 07:46:35 am »
So how come i can see the dark side of the moon when the surrounding sky was lighter than the dark side appeared?  It seemed logical that i could see it on a dark night if it was reflecting starlight.   But why when the sky is blue at sunset do i see the dark side?

If you could see the dark side of them moon, you wouldn't even be on Earth. With the Moon's orbit, the dark side is always facing away from Earth during the time we can see the moon in the sky.

Ok.. What about when it's a crescent and the part that is not illuminated by the sun is visible?  Why is that?  Because i'm finding it difficult to believe that the light scattered from the lit side is exciting the atmosphere everywhere but the darkened area in the exact spot i was standing.

That is nothing more than the Earth's shadow being cast on the surface. It is still he same side of the moon we always see when it's full.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 08:19:38 am »
i thought that was only in an eclipse?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 10:04:59 am »
Nope, normal moon cycles.