Author Topic: Arrow Buttons  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Meh
    • View Profile
Arrow Buttons
« on: March 11, 2017, 07:28:14 pm »
I looked at a bunch of the older threads and did not see this idea anywhere. If it was already stated, my bad.

In the character creation part of the game, there are a lot of different markings to choose from. Especially after downloading the markings pack in order to not see almost everyone as being only white. My idea is to add arrow buttons to the sidebars so that the markings can be looked through without possibly skipping a bunch of them and not even knowing it. Or perhaps make it possible to use the arrow keys to go through them. Having use of only the sidebar slider makes it difficult, in my opinion. Creating my first character was simple enough, not having the markings pack downloaded- but once those were downloaded and I made another? It was a very, very slow, and cruel, process of going through all the possibilities.

Perhaps this is just my view due to being a new member, since most everyone already has their characters made. I just thought I should put this out there just in case it can help make things easier on anyone.

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
Re: Arrow Buttons
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 07:30:08 pm »
i should mention you can simply click on the sidebar itself and it'll act as it's on little arrow key

but this is a really good idea!

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 08:12:56 pm »
You can just click slightly above the sliding bar and it will go slowly but I know what you mean, fluff!
I think using your arrow keys to make it easier would be a great addition, and/or editing the markings and item page to two boxes for markings and items.

Great topic!<3
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 08:29:24 pm »
I do really love this idea, as people wouldn't have this whole 'marking skip' issue. Even if people could easily click the slidebar itself, it still sometimes happens if you're not careful 'enough'.

The game could easily add so much more default markings, and even the legendary markings everyone is boasting about a lot, if the creator(s) gave permission for that. Currently the worry is exactly this, the whole marking skip issue, so adding too many markings to the default ones (the ones that appear after installing the game) would just make things so much more difficult for users. But maybe I'm getting a little too detailed for this particular topic...

This idea has made things feel a lot more refreshing in that area. I just wish it was possible. Maybe if we could even slow down the rate that the scroll bar had, if that were possible too, it would be just as effective.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:32:07 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 08:40:08 pm »
This is a great idea floof! I really think this would be a user friendly and reliable way of scrolling through the markings without having to skip any. If we had the means to do so, (the source code), this would definitely be a really amazing implementation.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Amara

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 09:34:30 pm »
Oh man if we could this would be a wonderful addition. Even though you can just click the sliders, there are times I'll click on it in a certain part and it shoots all the way down. Gets very frustrating, and FeralHeart isn't supposed to be a game that I rage quit in the markings sections. cx

Offline MyEngriish

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 09:44:11 pm »
Seems like a great idea!Skiping over markings happened to me tho.The same idea could be applied for the items too!I hardly find the items i need since i oftenly skip over most of them <.<

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 11:58:58 am »
I find this to be a great and useful idea! It would be much easier to scroll
up and down with this feature. Finding the markings and items I want can get a little
tricky sometimes, as I also tend to accidentally skip many of the options.
It would save us the trouble and frustration of that, hehe.
The more markings and items I have, the more likely
I am to experience this little skip issue. It gets annoying.

Summeralla

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 12:15:36 pm »
Yes! Those would very definitely helpful. At first I was like, wait...Arrow buttons but then I slowly came to realize what you meant. XD Yes that would take away alot of stress off my shoulders.