Author Topic: Crashing  (Read 941 times)

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Meh
    • View Profile
Crashing
« on: April 04, 2017, 11:51:51 pm »
Okay, could use a little help, here...

I can log on just fine, but most of my characters can't load. I could load in with one that was in The Grounds, but crashed the second I tried going to Seaside Grove. Since then, I've had nine crashes trying to get onto that character. Another character that is located in Cherika Valley loads just fine, no crash. But other characters in other maps have the same issue- the game crashes after I select them.

I have not messed with any files at all. The only added files are the legendary markings, and they've worked without issue since downloading that pack. The preset download is the only other download I've made for the game. Again, no issues have come up with it since downloading it.

Any ideas on what went wrong?

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 12:09:26 am »
Try looking in your particles folder for any duplicate particles that may be there and delete them. The files might end in _00, _01, 02, etc.

I would also suggest resetting your character's homes and then sending them home through the user panel.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 12:10:25 am »
Hello there!

Firstly;

Have you tried resetting your characters locations? You can do this through
User Panel > Reset Location on each of the characters you can't go on.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:10:58 am »
It could be that your computer can't handle the lag caused by either the player count in a map or your character itself

Try to temporarily remove any presets or items on your characters and see if that helps

But in general, good tips to remove lag are lowering your view distance or turning off water reflection
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 12:23:19 am »
Thank you so much for the quick responses.

I actually checked the particle folder before even posting here, after finding that in a couple of other threads. None are there to be deleted.

No presets are used for my characters, they all have markings/equip from the normal game or the legendary markings.

Lag is not the issue, "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working" is.

Will try to reset their locations and edit this after I try it. Never knew you could do so, or that it was even a thing.

Edit: Okay, couldn't find any sort of user panel. The only options were to edit the characters, use the characters, and yeah. Taking the chance, I did end up able to use the previously unusable, however. Apparently, my computer truly ended up having trouble with how many people were in those maps - or so my guess is, anyway.
Also, I have no idea where to find the option to lower view distance and so on. If this thread is now locked due to the issue being found and the issue not being a technical one, please message me with how to go about that.

Again, thank you for the quick responses.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:30:26 am by Xenek »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 12:37:35 am »
Lag commonly causes crashing, which is why I brought it up ^^'

Esc > options > video > scroll until you see view distance and water reflection. Adjust those as seen fit

And to get to the user panel, simply go to the homepage and there should be a button called "user panel" in the golden box. Login, and then click "send home" (or similar, forgot the exact wording) for your character/s
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 03:02:25 pm »
How is this issue going for you, Xenek? All fixed or still having issues?

I could suggest you trying to change Rendering Systems, as both work in different ways, but I'd love to hear an update, maybe you could share what you were doing with FH before you started having these issues? Also, maybe you could tell us which entrance to Seaside Grove you were using? Either through The Grounds or Lonely Cave?

It's a possibility that this could be happening with a number of other players, and you could be the only one reaching out about this issue so far. If this issues is still ongoing, then maybe some maps are due for a quick restart.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 06:41:30 pm »
They had been messaging me before the issue and claim that 'twas their computer being unable to support the full population of people in the map at the time. They 'aven't told me of any further crashings, so I think 'tis safe to say they fixed it.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧