Author Topic: Group Invite Gone Wrong  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Meh
    • View Profile
Group Invite Gone Wrong
« on: April 16, 2017, 07:51:41 pm »
Has anyone ever been invited to a group, only to be told to completely re-create your character or get out?

Sadly, I have. Just yesterday. The alpha of that wolf pack invited me into the group, but then decided that my character wasn't allowed to have any of his memories, so I had to either one-hundred percent change him, or leave. After already being invited. I did not ask to join them, I was asked by the alpha to join- Just to get that major, key point across.

Have any of you had similar experiences? Considering I'm basically still a new member, joined in March this year, I'm hoping this isn't something that has only happened to me. So share your unfortunate stories, if you have them.

ForestHysteria

Re: Group Invite Gone Wrong
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 08:08:07 pm »
I think I know who your talking about XD This guy, THIS GUY, Told me that the name 'Cin' was unrealistic and I was too small (even though I told him more then 10 times I was a pup T.T) and I was 'too bright' so I changed to a black wolf to get him to stop complaining. Then he kept bossing everyone that their names were unrealistic, he chose ranks for people and basically controlled literally everyone. No one had a choice of what rank they wanted to be, what their past is, and even what their character looks like. There was like 6 people in the pack who were like "this is dumb, let's leave" and thus a new pack was born. :D

Gigi

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:31:29 pm »
It always a good idea to ask questions and to get to know information about the pack/pride. Then again, i know how you feel. It is unfair. Personally i would have left the pack and find a new one. 

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 09:51:31 pm »
This is why I never join random packs that just send me an invite. Besides the fact I'm not a big rper anymore, I would not stand for that and probably just end up leaving anyway. I couldn't imagine joining a pack like that with Zuri and then having to completely change her for the leader's benefit.

As for I myself actually joining a rp like that? Well I just said I don't rp a lot anymore so no, it's never happened to me. Even in my early FH days when I would join a pack/pride/Clan here and there.

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 10:32:37 pm »
@ Gigi & ArcticGalaxy
I did indeed leave. I wasn't about to change my character just because they decided he wasn't allowed to have any of his memories. Worked too hard for too long making all my guys, so I'm not about to change them for anyone.
As for random, it actually wasn't, for the most part. I was off to the side, hiding and watching a fight going on with Yvis, my snarky little guy, and they messaged me asking if I wanted to join, saying they could really use more scouts. Scouting works perfectly for Yvis, so I joined. That's when it went bad and I left.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 01:20:29 am »
Whoever this person is they sound like a control-freak. Why would they invite someone into their pack then have them change their character to something totally different. It makes no sense to me. I never join random groups that randomly invite me. I prefer to roleplay with friends and roleplay buddies that don't mind what character we roleplay on.
Inactive

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 05:22:47 am »
Uhm...
 Never in my 10 years of playing this game... What the heck! Lol. Granted i have been asked to take off items because they were messing up for the alpha, (I had a couch on my back, and some other weird items?!) So i did! But that seems WAY overboard expecually if they invited you!
Sorry you had to go through that, that would've really sparked a flame in me. Lol, hope the person wasn't to rude over it!

~Birdy Blu
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline Drunken-Royalty

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • DA - DrunkenRoyalty
    • DrunkenRoyalty
    • xX SashaLea Xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 08:53:26 am »
Ayyeee, sound's like a guy i've encountered on FH. Me being me I trolled the control freak then left after he gave up on /trying/ to order me about! Hehehe
Loyalty is key. Don't talk behind other's back. Don't pick and choose people for your own benefit of work. Don't stir trouble and never, ever, lie.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 10:49:42 am »
Absolutely, lol, I used to always end up creating my own group that only up to 5 people would join haha :P
doing what i feel like

Offline Raspbearies

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • fruity fresh
    • raspbearies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 03:27:26 pm »
Well, that's just rude!
Personally, stuff like that has happened to me before, but more in a "this is a species roleplay & you need to correct your colors"-friendly kind of way.
That's good for you to have left, though! I wouldn't have stood for that. How rude--& the fact that they came to you first & then complained about your character bothers me to no end. Ah well. Sometimes, there are just people out there like that. :) Kudos to you for leaving though! Hopefully that got the point across..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:43:44 pm by Raspbearies »

In-game username: Raspbearies
I'm typically found over on my other account now! - Kowri

raspbearies.deviantart.com