Author Topic: Weather Cycle Help? (UGH ANOTHER)  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
Weather Cycle Help? (UGH ANOTHER)
« on: July 24, 2017, 06:31:06 am »
Sorry for the major spam I'm just.. really trying to make this big map and I'm trying to do stuff that I've forgotten how to..
But I'm finished with the cycle (it shows it as only the night time; I assume it applies to the whole day tho) and am trying to export it to use in my map. But I have no idea what the duration does! I also am trying to click "new weather" (I think that saves the cycle as a weather event so I can put it in my map) and it says "Start time clashes with another period!" I have no idea what this means. If it helps, I'm using the "boom" cycle (originally with fireworks) that I've put various other events into instead of fireworks. I've put the same weather within the weather blocks because I want it to be longer and because I also want it to fade out (eg. light rain to rain to light rain).
Please help?

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that I put the duration at 24 because all the others were. Am I doing it right?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 06:32:49 am by Wolflover224 »

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: Weather Cycle Help? (UGH ANOTHER)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 06:41:23 am »
"Start time clashes with another period!" Means that the weather you are trying to add to the cycle is overlapping a previous weather event.
Duration is how long the weather being added will last, the total cycle time is 7000 (0-6999).
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 02:37:38 am »
"Start time clashes with another period!" Means that the weather you are trying to add to the cycle is overlapping a previous weather event.
Duration is how long the weather being added will last, the total cycle time is 7000 (0-6999).

Since the "boom" weather is broken up into blocks (like how I want it) I have extended the periods of weather by adding stuff to it (like "Block 1: sprinkle, light rain.  Block 2: light rain, rain, downpour.   Block 2: downpour, rain, light rain.") because I don't know how to make my own blocks.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 12:52:30 am »
Bump?

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 08:05:38 pm »
Bump!

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 08:26:54 pm »
The Boom Weather Cycle is already full at the start, unfortunately the Weather Maker does not let you have more that 1 Weather block at the same times and only has a max duration of 7000, which means extending the time of any of the existing Weather blocks would cause the message "Start time clashes with another period!" to appear. Also, changing the selected Weather while highlighting a Weather block actually changes which Weather will play, rather than adding to it.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 08:36:09 pm »
The Boom Weather Cycle is already full at the start, unfortunately the Weather Maker does not let you have more that 1 Weather block at the same times and only has a max duration of 7000, which means extending the time of any of the existing Weather blocks would cause the message "Start time clashes with another period!" to appear. Also, changing the selected Weather while highlighting a Weather block actually changes which Weather will play, rather than adding to it.

I wanted to change the weather, meaning I wanted to replace the fireworks with another weather pattern. I chose "boom" because it was broken up into blocks, meaning that my weather patterns could come in blocks (ex. rain to nothing to snow to starfall) rather than being a continuous event.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 08:43:58 pm »
Ahhh I see, if you start with an empty weather cycle you can easily add what you want to it by checking the "fade in" and "fade out" boxes or leaving both empty and setting a duration (How long the weather block will last) before adding a weather block.

Basically if you open sky maker and then go to "Cycle" without loading and select a weather you can add it by checking "Fade In", setting a duration of 150 (for example) and then clicking "New Weather". Repeating this for every new weather block in the cycle, just make sure previous events are not highlighted.