Author Topic: Sign my petition to change the registration system?  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Melophobia

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Sign my petition to change the registration system?
« on: January 05, 2018, 07:22:58 am »
https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fhregistration

Yeah. :> Basically a request for a public schedule, and a donation option!

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: Sign my petition to change the registration system?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:21:09 am »
Since I have not been very active throughout the forums and in-game lately, I'm not entirely sure what has changed and what hasn't.

However, I do believe it still stands that Feralheart will not be taking any donations. Although it is very thoughtful of you and a few others who have suggested it in the past, it isn't something the Staff would consider taking for reasons only they could specify.

As for the public schedule:

Why don't you post schedules when it opens?
Not only don't we know when it will be open as mentioned above, but it would really defeat the whole purpose of having random registration times to begin with. Sometimes when we do catch the registration open, staff might post about it on things like our tumblr page or even deviantart, but having a pre-made schedule is not something we can have.

Considering open registration comes at random intervals, I don't think a schedule would be of much help. It's very nice of you to start a petition regarding the matter and I'm sure the Staff would appreciate your concern for the game, but as it stands, there's not much that can be done about it.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:07:25 am »
Donations, ok. But what do players want for these donations?

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 06:22:02 pm »
In theory, nothing, but the continued function of the game server would be nice.  That's why it's called a donation.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 07:54:02 pm »
Moving this over to the game opinions and ideas board

And in all honesty... I agree with what you're saying about the registration

Unfortunately though we cannot make this change right now since our server master Raz is currently away. A poll/petition wouldn't be a determining factor in this either, since staff has heard about this for years (we're still very happy to see that you care this much!). The reason why the registration was closed off and randomized in the first place was because back in 2012 the server was hiccuping a lot and was having trouble coping with the heavy and constant flow of new users. About a year ago we changed the randomization a little bit by having it open one our out of every twelve, thus making it a little more predictable (instead of the old way, which was two hours randomly during the week)... and I agree that even with this small change it's still very difficult for new users to join

Don't worry though, as there's always potential for change, as long as staff feels it is the best move c: Don't give up hope!

Also, regarding the donations: we don't accept them, so no need to worry about that~
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
    • t-i-g-g
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 08:46:32 pm »
In theory, nothing, but the continued function of the game server would be nice.  That's why it's called a donation.

That would be the best thing, but in all my years in the community and in a community of players, i have found that maaany people sooner or later start to complain that the changes, or stuff that is covered by the money, for the game "isnt what we want" and they expect other things from spending their money. (But tbh in this case its their problem when they donate to somthing that uses the money to keep the game running.)

The way FH is using the software and Ogre and music etc. pp. and the original creators rules/terms of use however forbid FH to get any money. Not even donations. It was and still is a topic that most likely comes up every now n then without a result. Back in the time as i administrated the game and forum we had these discussions a lot. And i really agree that donations can support the game.
However since that was not an option, staff had to look for another way and therefore the forum got ADs. So by clicking the ad´s you simply support the game x3 I dunno if anyone knows about this.

Offline Melophobia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 09:00:36 pm »

there's not much that can be done about it.[/color]
Also, regarding the donations: we don't accept them, so no need to worry about that~[/color]

woowwwww. Do yall not get the idea of adding?? Things?? Like, MAKING a donation an option???

I am fully aware how things are. Since 2015. Change is a completely viable option, stop shutting down voices and ideas.
Change is NOT impossible. Change is NEEDED.

Stop tryina kill the game, friends.

There is CERTAINLY a lot that can be done about it, if anyone would get their heads out of the ground and take a look at what the game has become.
I refuse to take "that's just how it is" as an answer.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:11:12 pm by wolfrun »

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
    • t-i-g-g
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 10:18:32 pm »

there's not much that can be done about it.[/color]
Also, regarding the donations: we don't accept them, so no need to worry about that~[/color]

woowwwww. Do yall not get the idea of adding?? Things?? Like, MAKING a donation an option???

I am fully aware how things are. Since 2015. Change is a completely viable option, stop shutting down voices and ideas.
Change is NOT impossible. Change is NEEDED.

Stop tryina kill the game, friends.

There is CERTAINLY a lot that can be done about it, if anyone would get their heads out of the ground and take a look at what the game has become.
I refuse to take "that's just how it is" as an answer.

Id like to know what stuff can be changed. Aside donations.

Offline Melophobia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 02:26:12 am »
what stuff can be changed

uh, have you even read the post?
A public registration schedule. Maybe like, open 1 day a week but hey! At least we know.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 08:33:13 am »
Donations are not allowed because the original developer KovuLKD didn't want his game to be funded by it.