Author Topic: Eternal loading screen  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Sadgeras

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Eternal loading screen
« on: September 22, 2018, 07:20:51 pm »
Hi! I joined FH waaaay back in the day, and I thought i'd rejoin! However, I cannot get past the loading screen before character creation. I uninstalled the older version, got the new one, reset my account, and logged in the browser page. Hopefully i'm just not impatient, but it's been loading for 10 minutes and it never took that long when I played.

Thanks in advance.

Shot of the Screen:

Ratel

Re: Eternal loading screen
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 07:55:01 pm »
Hi, have you tried starting it in OpenGL mode instead of Direct3D9? Has it only just happened after you installed the new FH? If what I first asked doesn't work make sure ALL FH folders are deleted before you re-install again- it could possibly be other files mixing with others, make sure to reset your characters homes as well. Let me know what happens. <3

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 08:34:47 pm »
How is your internet speeds? Also, does it crash or just stay on the screen like that?
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Sadgeras

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 08:36:44 pm »
I uninstalled the 2014 version a long time ago, I think I left just before the browser page was introduced. I just installed the newest version today. I deleted the C:/FeralHeart folder before installing the new one. I also deleted all my characters.

I tried opening the game in GL , but now it's just this:

Also, my internet has been working fine. The game does not crash, which is why i'm worried I might just be impatient...

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 08:39:36 pm »
I uninstalled the 2014 version a long time ago, I think I left just before the browser page was introduced. I just installed the newest version today. I deleted the C:/FeralHeart folder before installing the new one. I also deleted all my characters.

I tried opening the game in GL , but now it's just this:

Also, my internet has been working fine. The game does not crash, which is why i'm worried I might just be impatient...

I'm not sure it should take that long to load -- how much time is it loading for exactly? Also, maybe check your particles folder for any double named particles such as two fire.particles etc? You can find it through Feralheart > Media > Particles. Delete the extra ones if there are any.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 08:48:59 pm »
Very rarely, the same thing happens to me and I simply retry. My guess the reason it happens is packet loss from the server. The executable isn't really loading anything, but waiting on missed packets from the server, which does not resend them. If you're connected to your router wirelessly, you could try to connect via ethernet wire to at least eliminate one possible source of lost packets. Unfortunately, I haven't much else to suggest.

Ratel

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 08:55:38 pm »
Yea, it's more than likely what Vili said, using wifi can sometimes cause issues connecting with the server(i had this problem once)- since nothing else we have added has worked it is more than likely on your side, sadly. I'd suggest trying later again today, you can also check your speed etc over at http://www.speedtest.net/ just to double check.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 10:16:14 am »
  • If you're using a laptop, try placing yourself closer to the modem, as this might give you a stronger signal.
  • Do not run the browser in incognito/private browsing mode and make sure you have cookies enabled.
  • Disable any proxy settings you might have enabled.
  • Make sure there's no security software blocking the game.
    Quote from:
    Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."
  • Test to make sure that your IP matches up.
    Quote from:
    Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/ and that will show you the IP address that you're connecting to the panel with.
    Then, download www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip and run it. When it's complete, see what IP address it gives to you and check if it matches with the first IP address. They must match! If they don't, you're probably using a proxy and you have to disable it. Do not post that IP address anywhere!
  • You can also try logging into the "Play Game" tab from a mobile device.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 08:31:55 am »
If I were you, I'd try another account if you have one laying around just to make sure it's not an actual problem with the certain account you're trying to use.

If you use another account and the same thing happens it's safe to say there's something when it comes to the communication to the server as you're already getting past the login screen.
Former community manager of FeralHeart