Author Topic: Forum Idea?  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Fantasia_Cross

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • https://www.deviantart.com/unite
    • View Profile
Forum Idea?
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:58:17 pm »
Have you seen the new Proboards? It's so epic and smooth, what would the FeralHeart Forums look like on Proboards? And they are free. I just thought of this while making my own Forum and browsing, the new Layout is a boss.
Feel free to ask for my Discord in regards to Feralheart Topics.

BouncyLion101

Re: Forum Idea?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 11:46:49 pm »
I'm not that fond of the current Feral Heart forums, and it would be kind of nice for a change. :3
It would be a hassle though, like would we be able to move everyone's threads and if we couldn't then we would have to start all over.
Other people may not be informed of the move and be left wondering where the forums went.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 04:21:30 pm »
Aye, thar be a few problems with this, as well.

Keeping in mind that the FH game server is connected to the site, that would mean that the staff would have to entirely revamp the way we make accounts, servers, etc. This forum in particular is designed to be connected to the game, and I don't think Proboards has that capability, and if it can, I don't know if it's strong enough to hold a community this large. I don't really see a need to uproot the forum, anyway.
Proboards can look nice, but the difference is that this site is more than merely a forum. Without it, no new accounts can be made, and as Bouncy said, there would still be a lot of issues with people not getting the memo about a new forum. Not to mention, the staff are already busy with enough chores and upkeep with the game, so making an entirely new forum, just for the sake of a new layout, might end up being more trouble than it's worth.

So.. It's just one of those "Don't fix it if it isn't broken" kind of deals. The input is appreciated, though, floof~
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

onowl

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 07:48:49 am »
ProBoards v5 looks nice, but it's only just out of beta and there's quite a few reports on instability, slow loading times and major lag in the page editor and visual reply box. :c However the FH forum could be changed (appearance-wise, at least), but bear in mind that if Razmirz is the only one whom could work on it, that's a lot for one guy to do. XD

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 09:07:53 am »
Aye, thar be a few problems with this, as well.

Keeping in mind that the FH game server is connected to the site, that would mean that the staff would have to entirely revamp the way we make accounts, servers, etc. This forum in particular is designed to be connected to the game, and I don't think Proboards has that capability, and if it can, I don't know if it's strong enough to hold a community this large. I don't really see a need to uproot the forum, anyway.
Proboards can look nice, but the difference is that this site is more than merely a forum. Without it, no new accounts can be made, and as Bouncy said, there would still be a lot of issues with people not getting the memo about a new forum. Not to mention, the staff are already busy with enough chores and upkeep with the game, so making an entirely new forum, just for the sake of a new layout, might end up being more trouble than it's worth.

So.. It's just one of those "Don't fix it if it isn't broken" kind of deals. The input is appreciated, though, floof~
^Absolutely well saidz. We are not moving the forum. xD
Awhile back we were supposed to get some sort of design update on it though, but staffers haz been so busy with other things that we haven't gotten around to it. We'll see what happens in da futures.
A good idea though, thanks for the input~