Author Topic: Who Nuzzled Me?  (Read 2151 times)

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Who Nuzzled Me?
« on: December 02, 2013, 02:52:24 am »
Sometimes while browsing the forums I'll notice that my Floof-O-Meter count has gone up one. Most of the time I don't remember doing anything helpful and I would like it if the forums could show who nuzzled you. I just want to know who nuzzled me because I wouldn't think there's much of a point if you don't know who's thanking you for what you've done. It's like getting a big present that doesn't have a name tag on it.

Could this be something that could be taken into consideration about adding. Just maybe a little notification like:

"_________ nuzzled you."

I hope this gets noticed, and any reasons on why it shouldn't be added are always appreciated by me :3

~Starry

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Who Nuzzled Me?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:45:29 am »
I think this would just lead to people nuzzling more for less valid reasons and get noticed "as" the nuzzler. From time to time you can even see people posting in the threads themselves "+floof" or "You get a nuzzle from me", it would expand and overall everyone would have a general idea of who's doing what.

Would this really be for the better? I'm not quite certain.

When the Floof o meter is left as is right now, nuzzling is more about the one receiving the nuzzle rather than who gives it, even though I can understand some might want to know who they're getting it from. But the thing is it shouldn't really matter where these nuzzles come from, whether you want to pay back the favour or just be nicer. A nuzzle is a nuzzle given to you for being around here doing what you apparently do.

I think I lean more towards the anonymous nuzzling that we have right now. If we are going to do present comparisons, a gift can be appreciated no matter who it's from, it's gratitude a selfish less action of gratitude to you as the user. In all honesty I think a function like this can be enjoyed in a better manner if it's not as much about who did what.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Who Nuzzled Me?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 12:29:48 pm »
I think this would just lead to people nuzzling more for less valid reasons and get noticed "as" the nuzzler. From time to time you can even see people posting in the threads themselves "+floof" or "You get a nuzzle from me", it would expand and overall everyone would have a general idea of who's doing what.

You have a brilliant point (that I didn't see) Red, I guess I forgot that you could be noticed as "the nuzzler". I guess this doesn't matter as much as I really thought at the time. Thanks for pointing this out for me c:

~Starry

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.