Author Topic: Easier way to post pictures  (Read 1925 times)

Offline anole04

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Ingame: anole04
    • View Profile
    • WolfOne on Scratch
Easier way to post pictures
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:41:40 pm »
WE NEED IT TO BE EASIER TO POST PICTURES AND A ART GALLERY

That's pretty much it.
"Am I a saint, or am I a sinner? I am neither. I am both. I am Wolf." ~Me!
[img=FeralHeart-Wolf-Paint1]

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Easier way to post pictures
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 03:01:08 pm »
Well.. Our way to post pictures to signatures and posts right now is fairly straight-forward. Upload the image to an image-sharing site like tinypic.com, copy the IMG code, and then paste it in here.

Granted, there is the extra step of going to a different site to be able to upload it, and it's less simple than clicking "upload" and having your image posted for you, but I'm not sure if SMF supports that for posts. It also limits how/where you can actually place your picture inside a post. Whereas, the way we have now allows you to simply place a code wherever you'd like, and it will appear.

While it may be possible, I don't think we are in dire need of a new way to post images, especially since once you get it down, it's really very simple, and a standard means of posting for almost any forum you run into. Being new to the idea doesn't mean that it is bad or overly complicated.

As for the art gallery... Do you mean that as an extension of posting pictures, or you want to have an art gallery on our forum?
If it's the second one, we do have two art sections.
We have a section for FH-related art here, and a section for unrelated art here.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline anole04

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Ingame: anole04
    • View Profile
    • WolfOne on Scratch
Re: Easier way to post pictures
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 01:40:47 am »
Yes.. I mean the extension. I have seen other forums where the art gallery was whereyou insert the pica into slots and words are in a short intro and under the pics. Not sure hie too do this myself of course XD
"Am I a saint, or am I a sinner? I am neither. I am both. I am Wolf." ~Me!
[img=FeralHeart-Wolf-Paint1]