Author Topic: Forum revamp.  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Huskyface

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Forum revamp.
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:58:55 pm »
I've come to the firm conclusion that the FH forums are in dire need of a revamp.

The editor is, if you'll pardon my language, complete [foul language removed]. Half the time, preview doesn't work; coding tags are fussy; etc. It could be so much better. I used to skin forums in my free time; I've checked out some SMF themes and fallen in love with quite a few. I've located new favicons and possible new macros; I'm looking at backgrounds for new logos and banners, stamps, etc.

I would love to revamp the forums. I would love it %200.

My question is aimed to the staff. Is a revamp something you would be interested in looking into? Would it even be possible?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 09:04:42 pm by WhiteLightHeart »

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Forum revamp.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:12:12 pm »
Foul language removed. Please be sure to mind what language is used in our forums.
Post also being moved to the InputBox.

As for a forum revamp, it's something we've been considering for some time, but we face some difficulties in making it happen due to the connections between the game itself and the website. Registration connections, etc., and our slightly outdated version of SMF can be quite finicky. Especially due to the fact that the game's creator/developer has since left without a word (KovuLKD).

However, the staff themselves are working continuously in the background on getting more functional issues with the forum worked out for the time being. This website and game is indeed nonprofit, so our work is volunteer--and that's not to say we are all website coders. Razmirz has the most knowledge with this, but he has a mountain of a to-do list from the staff already that makes cosmetic and secondary appearances on the forum sit on the backburner. I'm sure you understand this.

So, while it would be sweet to have a forum revamp, but when put beside general upkeep and the limitations on our staff, I'm afraid this is secondary at the moment. In due time we'd like to see something like this, however.

Thank you for your input.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Huskyface

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Forum revamp.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:32:02 pm »
Thank you for your consideration.