Author Topic: Contests?  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Contests?
« on: March 28, 2015, 02:09:20 am »
Wasn't sure if this belongs here or in the Forum Discussion section or if the answer to this has already been said. Anyway...

I was wondering if there will be any contests in future? It has been quite a while since I've seen a competition or contest being held. I know there is the preset contest and those "treasure hunt" contests for certain made maps, but I was thinking if it would be possible to bring back those "Video Contest", "Most Liked Signature Contest", "Map Design Contest", "Art Contest" etc.

A variety of contests so members with different skills will have something they could each participate in. Just something fun and different.

Of course, there would have to be judges, so I understand if it's a case of time and real life issues.

It's just a question I've had in mind for some time now.

Thank you :)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 02:18:43 am by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Contests?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 04:32:12 am »
I'll move this to the Inputbox for you. :)

As for contests, I personally love the idea. We've seem to have hit a rough patch as of late, though, since it seems like this spring has jumped at us and become quite busy (between illnesses, operations, moving homes, also with work and school on my part, along with the others), and made juggling our normal functions on FH a bit more challenging than usual.

However, this did remind me of some things that we've been keeping on the backburner, and since we don't normally have any parties during the springtime, perhaps we could consider kicking something off. We do have a few new paws on the staff, so it's not impossible. c:

We certainly do ask for patience, as all of us have quite busy lives outside of FH, but I've also been wanting to resurrect some old contests, and perhaps introduce new ones in their due time. I'll personally take on the responsibility and nudge the staff about this tonight, and we'll see what we can cook up once the busy stuff irl settles a bit. (It's seriously jumped all of us at once in these past few weeks, oddly enough!)

If and when we are able to get something up and moving, we'll let you guys know. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Contests?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 12:50:04 am »
Thanks for answering, White ^^

I understand real life can keep everyone a bit busy, I've only just finished my exams today (whoo!) so I haven't been on the forum for a couple of days.

As soon as everyone has a bit of spare time it'd be great to see some contests show up.

Thanks again! And I appreciate you asking the other staff about it also :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.