Author Topic: Cross-Gender Rpers?  (Read 34778 times)

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Re: Cross-Gender Rpers?
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2013, 09:14:56 am »
There is nothing wrong with these people. Although it can be quite confusing at times. And a bit frustrating. But i find no cause to hate them for it.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Tayono

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2013, 04:32:38 pm »
As a woman who's character roster is mostly comprised of males, I feel I must make it clear that playing the opposite gender does not require any more practice or skill than it takes to play as a character who shares your gender. I don't play my character Dumisa solely as a "male", but as Dumisa himself; the fact that he is male is only a small part of who he is. Above all other things, he is simply a character all his own with his own flaws and perks, and the fact that he is male while I am not does not complicate my roleplaying experience at all.

I honestly believe one of the main reasons we think that it's strange for a guy to play as a gal and vice versa is because we tend to fall into the old trap of stereotyping. Characters are not restricted to certain traits/behaviors simply by the pronoun we refer to them by; they come in all sorts. With that, I  say that the steps to playing the opposite gender are little more than as follows:

1. Play as a character
2. That happens to be the opposite gender

So go ahead and cross-gender RP! It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's nothing to worry about and you can tell anyone who brings your identity into question because of it to go wear oversized, itchy socks. :3

Offline Tortuga

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Still trying to meet my pun quota.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2013, 04:40:09 pm »
There is nothing wrong with these people. Although it can be quite confusing at times. And a bit frustrating. But i find no cause to hate them for it.

Really? How is it confusing or frustrating? O_O
This user is 90% real crab meat!

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2013, 06:12:49 pm »
Sometimes when i get a mate and i find out they are a female, and they start RP as a girl and a boy. Wow then it can be confusing and a bit frustrating. Though as said in my other post

There is nothing wrong with these people. Although it can be quite confusing at times. And a bit frustrating. I find no cause to hate them for it.

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »
As a woman who's character roster is mostly comprised of males, I feel I must make it clear that playing the opposite gender does not require any more practice or skill than it takes to play as a character who shares your gender. I don't play my character Dumisa solely as a "male", but as Dumisa himself; the fact that he is male is only a small part of who he is. Above all other things, he is simply a character all his own with his own flaws and perks, and the fact that he is male while I am not does not complicate my roleplaying experience at all.

I honestly believe one of the main reasons we think that it's strange for a guy to play as a gal and vice versa is because we tend to fall into the old trap of stereotyping. Characters are not restricted to certain traits/behaviors simply by the pronoun we refer to them by; they come in all sorts. With that, I  say that the steps to playing the opposite gender are little more than as follows:

1. Play as a character
2. That happens to be the opposite gender

So go ahead and cross-gender RP! It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's nothing to worry about and you can tell anyone who brings your identity into question because of it to go wear oversized, itchy socks. :3
Nice one, about the socks! :)
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2013, 08:55:18 pm »
Over sized itchy socks... nice one floof!

Offline Alphawolf13

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2013, 09:03:54 am »
I rp as guys for the heck of it.. Its actually quite enjoyable ^^
.:~Life is life a camera..
Focus on whats important..
Capture the good times..
Develop from negatives...
And if things dont work out
        Take another show <3:.~
 (I do not own this poem :3)

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2013, 12:48:35 pm »
I myself play as both genders and I normally do not say my real life gender to anyone but I guess my username gives it away ^~^ Anyway I would rather have Cross-Gender Roleplayers then having a group just filled with females. x.x I often find people asking me if I could change my character to male to help them out in a Roleplay and I reply with a "Sure" or "Okay" and kindly add a mane that makes my character  look male. I also change the size and name. Cross-Gender Roleplayers are actually a lot funner to Roleplay with as if it is a Female playing as Male they know how to treat the Female they are bonded with. Same with the other way around. So go Cross-Genders! :D

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2013, 12:07:53 pm »
I see nothing wrong with this. I mean, isn't it more fun to have a few females as males instead of a ton of females everywhere? Mate center would be even MORE covered with females along with everywhere else! I don't understand why people see this as wrong...except when a Female plays as a Male and calls herself "Gay." I mean...geez...just be a girl instead if that's what you're going for. >.>

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2013, 05:40:05 pm »
Yeah we all perefer some balance between males and females. I hate it when there's a ton of females and just one or two males... just no.. there's no balance.