Author Topic: Crashing everytime i enter The Grounds  (Read 801 times)

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
Crashing everytime i enter The Grounds
« on: December 29, 2017, 09:34:02 pm »
Hi, so, a while ago i started crashing upon triying to enter The Grounds. Doesn't matter which character- I always tried a different one and i've tried like 4-5 chars now and all of them crash on The Grounds.
I got on two characters that weren't on The Grounds and they worked perfectly, until i crashed out of nowhere when someone arrived on the map i'd assume. (I had spent like 5-10 minutes on the map with no problem and was talking to someone calmly, and then i crashed out of nowhere, and the last thing on chat was that someone had arrived, but when i looked up their username on the preset files they weren't there at ALL.) After that crash (on Ficho Tunnels) i tried a character on The Grounds and it worked for a while, i played with a friend until out of a sudden i crashed again! This is because (i ASSUME) someone was going through maps and kept provokating my crashes, thats why i could get on a map for some time and then i would crash when someone else (probably) arrived.
The only reason i think this could be possible is because someone's character has a faulty preset file that is constantly making me crash. This has happened once before but the game told me that my game crashed because of a certain preset file and that i should delete it, but it didnt say anything this time so i am left alone to deal with the problem. I have preset sync, so this is a LOT of presets we're talking about...
What can I do? I don't want to have to avoid certain maps because someone's presets is killing me ingame...!
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing everytime i enter The Grounds
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 02:35:14 am »
If there's a preset file that is making you crash, immediately upon the crash you will need to look in the "badfile.reminder" file to see what preset is doing it to you. It should tell you. Maybe only once it didn't tell you but it would be strange if it would continually not tell you what file is causing the crash. Hopefully you get some answers soon!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.