Author Topic: Feareh's Tutorials: Presets Basics  (Read 15043 times)

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Feareh's Tutorials: Presets Basics
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:22:49 am »

Hello, and Welcome to my little basic tutorial young preset makers. Here we shall discuss all the things you might not know about Feral Heart for all the new floofs out there.  Today we are just going to go over some basic tools that you need to make a successful preset.

Now before I begin, I would like to direct you to another tutorial, that also explains some techniques on fur texture that you might find fascinating
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=31787.0

Now Lets begin:
First to make a preset, you require software such as Photoshop, or GIMP. Both work just as fine for this kind of matter. Either of those you will pull out the reference template that are located in the "Reference" folder in the "my_presets". Once you have all your coloring done its time to save.
NOTE: Since this is just a basic tutorial, and nothing else, all the body parts are to be saved as .jpgs. The mane is the only part that is saved as a .png.

When saving a .png. you need to make sure that when you save, it will give you the option of interlaced or not. It saves it to where you can see through the missing pieces.
NOTE: The wings and the manes are not going to be in the same folder as the one you are working on. To find the make and the wings, you will need to look in the "Texture" folder which is located in the "Media" folder.
Once you have saved and everything. Its Time to put your creation in game.

Now for starters, open up your Feral Heart Folder and click on the "my_presets"

Guys if you say you don't have a FH folder, then you aren't looking hard enough. EVERYONE HAS A FERAL HEART FOLDER. If you cant find it that easy, then try to do a computer search or look in your local (:C) drive.

Now click the "My_Preset"Folder
Now when you open any of your 12 "my_preset" folders, this is what a finished preset should look like. With the head,body,and tail in there (unless you don't want hair either)
Now i'm using a very early examples of my character Feareh. This is his head i'm showing you. on the left side is the required codes that make him visible in the game. Now there is no new codes for me to give you since the coding for him is already in there.
This little thing is called a notepad. You use it to type in any coding, scripting, or love letters :3. When you click on it you see the codes as you see from above. When saving your character you must save it as the folder name you are beginning with. For example:
material preset_9_headMatL
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_9head.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_9_headMatR
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
/            texture preset_9head.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
the blue letters numbers are to match up, and your saved file should have the jpg name too.
(Im using only the head portion now cause that's all of Feareh i have done already)
Now that all your coding is done and you finished your head, start up Feral Heart.Once in there, click on the "Tools" button which would take you to this page
From there you click on the "Preset" button
Now Click on the folder you saved it under and there is your head C:
When exporting your character in game, you are creating a fph file for yourself. When it is exporting, it automatically goes into your "Preset folder" where your friends presets are suppose to go. So its not lost or anything, ok.

When on the Preset page you are going to see things like these on there
Custom:This means you can switch to any other preset you have.
Export:This is what you actually press to put your preset on Feral Heart. Once you click that button, you create a fph file for yourself of your selected preset
OK: Its not what it seems really. This isn't what makes your preset go into Feral Heart. Once you click this button, it sends you to a testing area to make sure everything is working on your preset. This is where you may see imperfections such as missing eyes, or non=moving textures that you wanted actually moving
Cancel: Its exactly how it sounds, click this button and it closes down everything and directs you to the Log in page where we all start.
Click on the "Export button and a message like this should pop up. NOTE: You cant export your preset if you are not logged in. You need to log yourself with your username and password in, and then export. If you don't do this, it has no idea what username this preset belongs to.
Now once you exported it, go to your characters list, and its time to put the preset on
Once that is over and done with, your preset is now ready to go. Now since this isn't finished, i deleted it, but this is the general way into making and setting up a preset.
Now that you have done everything listed above, its time to show off your smexy preset to the whole world....of Feral Heart. Cause basically, you are the only one who can really see your preset until you start giving out your fph
Now if you have been reading and not looking at the pretty picture, you would know by now that YOUR fph file is located in the "Preset" folder. When you locate your preset fph, then send it off to either mediafire, or tinyurl.com, and give anyone the link that your fph is under.
Do NOT remove your fph file from the "Preset" folder, it stays there for eternity.
END
And that is the end of this lesson for today. Make sure you read everything i have to offer for you new preset makers out there. and fallow the steps carefully. For more tips and advice, feel free to PM me here or send me a pigeon with a little note. Ill be sure to reply to you soon.
Class dismiss.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:22:41 pm by Feareh »
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Blackbaron

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Miss chicken suggle
    • View Profile
Re: Feareh's Tutorials: Presets BASICS
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:33:04 am »
Aweshome! This should be very helpful for peoplez learning how to make presets! Keep it up! <3

~peanutninja

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:44 am »
Aweshome! This should be very helpful for peoplez learning how to make presets! Keep it up! <3

~peanutninja

Thank you hun <33
I do hope that people will understand the process. I added pretty pictures O_O
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Blackbaron

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Miss chicken suggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:02:03 am »
My pleasure <3

~peanutninja

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 03:28:16 pm »
Thanks for posting this, Feareh. These tips will be very helpful to me when making more presets. By the way, I've posted pictures of my first preset in the 'Presets and Markings' section of the forum if you wanna take a peek.
Inactive

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 03:50:03 pm »
Thanks for posting this, Feareh. These tips will be very helpful to me when making more presets. By the way, I've posted pictures of my first preset in the 'Presets and Markings' section of the forum if you wanna take a peek.
oh heck yes 8D, ill swing by over there and take a look
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Feareh's Tutorials: Presets BASICS part 1
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 12:29:04 am »
I like it, Feareh. c:

The 'lesson' structure looks very professional, and it seems very easy to follow. You're a pretty good teacher, m'dear~ Thank you for posting this! :D
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 05:08:09 pm »
No problem C8 I'm glad it's easy to understand
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline SL138197

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
  • Thank ye' TinyTail.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 02:37:55 pm »
I can't get the head to show up...Got the body...No head.
Coding:
material preset_7_bodyMatL
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture TestBody_Left.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_7_bodyMatR
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture TestBody_Right.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_7_headMatL
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture TestHead_Left.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_7_headMatR
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture TestHead_Right.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_7_eyeMatL
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         cull_hardware none
         cull_software none
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_7eye.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_7_eyeMatR
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         cull_hardware none
         cull_software none
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_7eye.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_7_tailMat
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_7tail.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
material preset_7_maneMat
{
        technique
        {
                pass
                {
                       cull_hardware none
                       cull_software none
                       alpha_rejection greater_equal 128
                       texture_unit
                       {
                                texture preset_7mane.png
                }
          }
     }
}

How it shows up:
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o688/SL138197/screenshot_03262013_102856467_zpsdcdba21e.png
DeviantArt: Riverthefluffybum
Minecraft: artsy_gamer906

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 04:13:30 pm »
Did you make sure that the jpgs names matched up with the ones in the coding? If that didn't work, try renaming it to preset_7head.

Sometimes when you set it back to the original title setting it might fix it.
Make sure your jpg and the one in the coding are the same name
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358