Author Topic: Making my user appear with an upper case A?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline amber501

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Is probably in the wrong section
    • View Profile
Making my user appear with an upper case A?
« on: November 20, 2016, 12:57:01 am »
So this is mainly for preset problems. Does anyone know how to make the A in my name upper case? I've tried logging in with an upper case A but it always makes it lower case anyway. Thanks for any answers.
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Making my user appear with an upper case A?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 01:01:02 am »
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to fix that, as that is your username and it cannot be changed.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 01:01:34 am »
Why do you want your username to have an uppercase "A?" For presets, it's best to keep the preset written exactly as your username is (your username has a lowercase A, so having an uppercase one likely won't help you). The reason it is likely shows your name as being lowercase, even when you log in with an uppercase letter, is because your username is actually written that way. Are you physically unable to use any uppercase letters in the chat, or is this just an issue with the username? If you simply desire for your username to have an uppercase name, this is unfortunately not possible, as usernames cannot be changed.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline amber501

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 01:07:16 am »
The reason I was wondering if I could change it to an upper case A is because when others download my preset the download changes the A to an upper case even when it was a lower case. I've already logged in with all lower case A, made sure the name of the preset download had a lower case A, but when I went to download and it finished, the A was upper cased. Renaming it so it has a lower case doesn't seem to fix anything either. :/

I hope I explained that well....
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 11:07:25 am »
Are you talking about a preset file? As in the .material file?

Did you make sure that all of the material names within the file have either the lower or upper case A? That may be your issue.
If you are putting you username into the .material file, let's say for the body; then you would have something like this:

material preset_4_bodyMatL
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            texture preset_4body.jpg
         }
      }
   }
}
What I highlighted in green and yellow are the parts that make presets possible. You need the correct image name (and extension, if transparent) and if you are specifying what body part it is, to make it easier to organize, then the green text should be your username or whatever you choose (personally, I put the character name). You must do this for every single .material code, or at least the ones you are working on/using for your preset. I would suggest copying the same name for your material, the green text, before each underscore_partmatR/L so you don't need to fuss with it later.

I truly wish I was of help. If you have further question, or I was totally wrong, then tell me. :-X
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 04:15:14 pm »
I've had my computer display file names with the first letter capitolized before, but it would still recognize it the way I typed it instead of the way it displayed it. I can't really help you in this but your username is likely not the issue.

However, If you have made a typo anywhere in your presets .material file then this will cause the entire file to not display or even crash your game. I'd also check to make sure that your images are being saved correctly and that you add the extension (ex: texture.png or texture.jpg) so that the game knows exactly what to look for. Be sure to check for any other typos or errors as well!
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline amber501

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 11:16:29 pm »
Hm... Yeah I think my coding could be the issue... I'm just now sure what I did wrong. Is there some way I could show my coding for my preset so you can tell me if there's an issue? I already tried using jpg and png files (keeping my mane as a png both times though) and nothing worked. They're currently back to jpg files though. Also I'm sorry I took a while to respond I was setting up my new mattress yesterday. ^^"
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 11:19:34 pm »
Might be easier to keep the discussion in one place. I sent you a reply on your other topic. I will be able to look through your code:

http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=59130.msg810589#new
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline amber501

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 11:21:54 pm »
Ah, yes I'm sorry.. I just didn't want to leaves these people hanging. ^^"
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 11:22:29 pm »
No problem ^^ I getcha
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.