Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 163712 times)

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: RIP General
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 10:17:49 pm »
Sad to see General go but it is for the best I guess. Well, yeah.. I guess it would be good for the game maybe or no maybe, depends. I do see advertising in like Local chat though. Basing off that, it will be fine without General, because well there's other ways of communicating, but this will conflict with a lot of things, but maybe another time, something may come similiar to this but movie clips is the way of spreading messages for now. Thinking about it, it's like feeling alone though but, we will get used to it soon hopefully. I thought General was quiet because of not much users on but nope, not that. One day or another, somethings got to change. I will mess saying Hi, but it helps people get together to speak. You know?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:22:06 pm by SilverTW »

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 10:24:28 pm »
Thanks for the update, Delay and Raz, but I will miss general now that it's gone. I never used general much (except for advertizing), so it wouldn't be much of a different for me. But for people who always use general, they'll be able to get into other conversations, and hopefully the chat won't speed by now that general is gone. But, I hope this idea turns out great.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 11:11:16 pm »
I can see why its gone, but I will miss it. It will be harder to find rps now.

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 11:37:34 pm »
I do understand the reasoning behind removing general chat, but that doesn't change the fact that I and many other users will miss it dearly. It's strange to walk through a map and not see familiar usernames flash through the chat, advertising or just saying hi. It'll be harder to find your way out of Southpole, at least for me anyways. Since I frequently asked general for help and directions. Really, I'm not one to easily accept changes, and that's just my way of thinking. While I'll always hold out the hope of general chat being revived someday, I'm willing to accept that it's gone. Would it be counter productive to add dozens of members to a party? (Not sure if there's a limit)

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 11:38:23 pm »
In all honest opinion I am not bothered by this, knowing that the effect only applies to public maps.
(I tested the general chat itself in a private map, and it seemed to be working.)
Being someone who usually roleplays in private maps with her friends, and rarely goes into Flourite,
it won't be impacting me very much.

However, my concern is how it impacts the community.
As we know advertising for roleplays is one of the major things that general is used for,
and since roleplaying is basically the popular use of the game,
disabling General might have a negative impact on the common hobby of FH.
Then again it might not.
If anything it would just take a little more searching and a few hits of the E key (If your character doesn't have wings,) To get around the map and maybe find someone who is willing to rp with you. It depends on the situation.

We'll see how this goes. I'm just hoping that you staff members aren't planning to make this permanent just yet, because for all we know it's either for better or for worse.
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 11:45:51 pm »
I'm sorry, but I am very dissapointed right now.

Why couldn't you SIMPLY make a new chat? Like "Advertising" or something. General would STILL be alive.
I do like some of the postive things happening, but having to movie? No one usually ever has movie on, and I thought Cape was the most used advertising place!

Now I know I had to be open minded, but seriously, why couldn't you just make a chat MADE for talking in whole map, and one for advertising?

Now I understand if its what the game thing had, then I can conclude on that.

Usually every time I go on FH in Plains, I say "Allo everyfloof! c:" or some terms like that. ALSO YOU GET TO MEET NEW PEOPLE.

Now players will be compalining and being confused about what happened. How would everyone if they were a mod/admin, respond to THAT.

Well, thanks for the update. Sorry bout my rudeness, but just simply could have made a new chat specially made for the terms.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 11:58:20 pm »
I don't really mind General being 'dead', actually.

Though, I am really upset that it's being taken off of public maps.
Yesterday, I noticed General was dead silent and I was a bit surprised. It's hard to find a roleplay with General off as who wants to 'nit-pick' Fluorite Plains for a roleplay? Fluorite's a big map-- largest one in FH I think.

Now, besides spam being a problem on General, every now and then, I'd see cussing or some kind of  arguement. (Not everyone caused a problem on General.)

Movies are being used as ads, and I don't seem like to that. Movies are short, like some have said.
What if the movies are spammed aswell? Are movies going to be removed from public maps like the General chat? I don't think, 'don't spam movies for your roleplays' is really going to stop anyone, as I've seen people spam movies anyway. Lol

My point is I find General a more better at advertising than movies. Like codacc said, why not make a whole new chat?
I've seen this question a lot from different people and it's the same answer.
"We can't add a new chat if we don't have the FH files." Or something like that.

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 12:22:12 am »

I am not jumping on the bandwagon anymore, I am really disappointed in this.

What I really think is a downhill to the removal of general is advertising. I barely had advertised, but I got to RPs by this. Now, the movies are being used, and I don't like this. Why? You can't have epic detail in the text. And, like what another person said, the chat goes fast. The movie notice is only one line, and can be gone in a jiffy. You can't even see what RP it is until you click it. Also, I loved talking and being random in general, meeting new people, and even becoming friends. Now, since people barely notice me when I talk in local, I can't have someone to talk to. I also put stuff off my chest on General. It helps me stop worrying, even if people ignore what I say (I want them to). Despite my love for talking in General, the advertising is what I'm worried about.

To be honest, this is the worst update that FH actually made. PLEASE, oh PLEASE don't make this permanent. General has been on FH since the beginning, and taking it away is like taking the wolfcanine model away because it's being overused. Before one of you people who LOVE this idea try to argue with me and say that I am whining, it's my blumpin' opinion. I'm taking it strong, yes, but that doesn't mean I'm whining.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:24:27 am by Lion/WolfQueen »

Offline LunaWolfe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Lederp
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 12:30:43 am »
Well.. this is sudden.

While I understand the reasoning behind taking down General, I am honestly shocked that it came to the removal of the chat from public maps. Being an avid roleplayer myself, I have a feeling that finding a nice roleplay with a plot that makes someone want to actually join will be a challenge now. At least with General you could see many different ads at once. Now it is just one-lined movie clips that zoom past too fast and often cause you to click on one you've already seen. Not to mention most movie clips are just people from the same roleplay advertising or not ads at all, meaning you may see a new user but you have no idea what will be inside said clip [could be an ad, something you've already seen, or not an ad at all.]

Though I've looked at the possibility of watching local.. I don't think anyone wants to run around such a large map just to potentially find a single plot that interests them somewhat. Taking what PieStar said, nit-picking through FP isn't something I'd assume anyone would find enjoyable. {But who knows? May just have to try it today and see.} To add to that, I personally wouldn't want to hang around the Stone Bridge [or other highly populated areas for advertising] due to the fact that it is a "Lag Central" for myself and quite a few others.

So.. it just seems-- to me-- that this may cause more cons than pros.

I apologize if this seems rude as that wasn't my intention, but it is just my opinion. I respect the choice to remove this chat channel, but I'm hoping that it may come back some time in the future.. even if it was in a different form of some kind.

~ Canis, previously known as <~Luna~>

Click it, we know you want to~ <3

Smiling.Sin

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 12:30:56 am »
This is like a giant punch in the face.

I see no point in staying or really running around in-game anymore. I enjoyed talking to people in General, and I don't know where I'd be without it. Sure there were rude and immature kids and people in General, but there were other ways of dealing with them. Banning them, kicking them, or adding an age limit. I don't know, but there were other routes you could've taken, so I think this is a bad move. I might as well just leave, and if FH gets better [Which I'm starting to doubt] I might return.

If this is permanent [Which I hope it isn't] I'll probably just leave until FH changes, because I've been patient to see major issues fixed and instead, I feel as though everything's falling apart.

Sorry if I'm being a sore loser or annoying, whatever you want to call this. General was just 90% of my FH life. I'm glad you posted this, though, because I was curious as to what had happened.

I'm really sorry.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:52:39 am by Smiling.Sin »