Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165474 times)

Offline FutureGadget001

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2013, 12:57:24 am »
I know it's stupid, but why not Create a max amout of posts per day and ban warnings for trolling/spam? It might help alot, as to taking General out completely.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2013, 02:11:27 am »
Just another little bit from me, because I'm getting very concerned.

Apparently now players are being banned for speaking their minds about this topic in-game. Mods and players are having full-blown arguments and the whole atmosphere of the game has suddenly become disturbingly hostile. Even as I'm typing this, I'm watching a rather heated conversation at NZ between some protesters and mods. The protesters are trying to state their case in a mature way, and the mods seem to be doing nothing but getting angry and accusing them of being ungrateful little brats.

Aside from anything else, there is a serious attitude problem arising here. One party tries to be calm and mature about things while getting their point across, and others throw verbal abuse at them. This is coming from both sides of the argument, and I'm really getting worried. Never before have I seen such animosity on Feralheart, it's beginning to sound like genuine hatred.

What's happening to the game I once loved? This hasn't changed anything for the better, it's just driving us apart further. I don't want to see Feralheart descend into a battleground over something that could be solved so easily...

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2013, 02:40:26 am »
Now I see what Raxoremys said, I've seen something that has made sense.
This is what I was thinking a second ago. At the age of 10 I found out a new bad word in the GENERAL chat, apparently, and I'm pretty sure no one would've liked that someone in General was screaming that.
Everyone shares the chats, and General is the most let's say... "loudest" one, and not everyone knows how to turn it off or wants to turn it off.
General chat had the advantage to hurt kids who played the game, and I'm under the age of 13, so I'd prefer there wasn't an age rule, but the chat removed for a few days itself.
A lot of people have complained about it's removal, however, and I don't like it too much either.
But what has really alerted me was about the fact that people have said people have left because of general chat's removal, and mostly what Raxoremys said. So, I don't know whether to believe them or not however.
I'm don't know what to say now about these unusual news and general chat's removal.
I'd expect better of this, but the removal has only caused more and more drama rather than the drama it solves, as I've seen with my own eyes here.
I don't know. I just don't know what to say after this honestly.
I'd rather see General come back now with all this drama that has been caused.

Offline DrLecter

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • +_what do you see behind closed eyes_+
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2013, 03:41:03 am »
While I see and understand why General chat was turned off, it's become a nuisance for myself. The lag I encounter in-game is awful, and on a good day it only takes twenty minutes for me to finally load into a map without having to force shut down my computer from freezing. Unfortunately, I can't go near or steer my camera in the direction of public places such as Stone Bridge without lagging and freezing for a long, long time. I've resorted to the movie clip method to try and locate an adequate roleplay, but so far it's no good. Things are very lonely now, since I have no close friends in-game. I joined this game because it looked promising; it was a place to make acquaintances and find some spectacular roleplays. But if I can't do that now, then I'll have no reason to be here. On no means am I trying to make anyone reconsider this decision on my account, I'm just stating what my experience has been like with this change. I am also disappointed that those who play FH were never consulted, or played any part in the final decision. I hope our voices won't be silenced. That would be truly depressing.

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2013, 04:35:26 am »
I crashed for the first time since the first time I joined the game...
And honestly, I am disturbed by the silence in Flourite. It's... not cool. General was always fun to read. I loved going there. Now people are mad and can't play around and talk to everyone like they used to...

I love this game... this one little change is starting to dig Feralheart's grave. Me and my friends will be loyal to the game, but I don't know about the rest of the community. They even have argued at times over the removal of general, and we are in a private map.

Soooo.. I'll see the pros and cons of this:

Pros:
No trolling
No spam

Cons:
Drama
Fighting
Yelling
No roleplaying (This is also a roleplay based game, so I don't understand why, of all things, you remove our way of advertising. I... just don't get it.)
More movie spam (This was already a problem. Now it's over the top and we don't even know what we're clicking on!)
Angry protesters
Angry mods
Unfair bans

Please, make a sacrifice for the community and bring general back.

Offline feralwolfeh

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2013, 04:49:39 am »
_Self deleted cause I feel bad now ;-;-
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:54:16 am by dragon3 »

Offline kitsu

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2013, 05:32:30 am »
Okay, I need to say one more thing. Something that has been brought to my attention...
We ARE being silenced by the Mods.
Our voices are being muted by them because they've placed themselves above us. We ARE real people behind these computer screens. People with rights. The same rights as them.
I recently tried to speak out in-game to the Mods and express my opinion within a rather reasonable manor, which it started out as, but because of being cut off by the same old answers they've been shoving at us, and the name-calling, the smart-ass remarks... it all spiraled out of control.
I have, in fact, apologize for the incident, but it doesn't do anything.
A friend of mine was banned for a week because of this.
I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm just... sick of all this shit. Really.
We're told to be open-minded and accepting of the Mods' "brilliant" ideas, but they don't do the same in return. It's becoming unfair to the community.

- Scarlett
Waffle shaped cats shall invade your dreams.

Offline Vysena

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2013, 05:56:19 am »
Okay, I need to say one more thing. Something that has been brought to my attention...
We ARE being silenced by the Mods.
Our voices are being muted by them because they've placed themselves above us. We ARE real people behind these computer screens. People with rights. The same rights as them.
I recently tried to speak out in-game to the Mods and express my opinion within a rather reasonable manor, which it started out as, but because of being cut off by the same old answers they've been shoving at us, and the name-calling, the smart-ass remarks... it all spiraled out of control.
I have, in fact, apologize for the incident, but it doesn't do anything.
A friend of mine was banned for a week because of this.
I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm just... sick of all this shit. Really.
We're told to be open-minded and accepting of the Mods' "brilliant" ideas, but they don't do the same in return. It's becoming unfair to the community.

- Scarlett

I'm am /not/ trying to argue, but they /HAVE/ made it clear that this is for testing~.

|| Preset ||

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2013, 06:02:31 am »
...Can I just say that I sort of agree with Scarlett?
Name calling...?
Unfair bans...?
Remarks?

I don't want to get in trouble, but I have to say this because it is was is on my mind -
We don't have much of an opinion on this game when it comes to big updates or... removals..

Don't hurt me please, I have a mate and kits. DX

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2013, 06:04:24 am »
Just wanted to quickly point out to those of you who were waiting for an update to the game beyond just chat features... that's never going to happen unless Kov, the creator and owner of the game's code, comes back. He was the one who made the last update, and is the only one with the ability to do so.

And on the topic of the actual thread, I remain neutral, because General chat was not removed entirely; it is simply not longer available in public maps. If it was removed entirely, then I might be irritated. In the long run, this doesn't change a whole lot, especially if you're the type of person who plays multiple games like Feral Heart. Why do I say this? Because in every IT-style game recently, no one ever uses their General chat. They -always- use Local. And I remember that being the case even on the original IT. Oh sure, we use it way more often over here, but is it worth fussing over?

Bottom line: this is a free game. The one who pays for the server to remain online so we can play free of charge refuses to take payment. Therefor, the staff have the right to make these changes. We just have to adapt. It's not as hard as you might think.
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!