Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165236 times)

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2013, 02:28:47 am »
If this is the whole comunity you have a very small view of things... Right now theres almost 100 users looking at the forum and you think the 200 complaints account for everyone?
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2013, 02:38:42 am »
The 200 accounts for the majority of those who have seen this and gave their opinions. The majority of the people who know of this want General back.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2013, 02:56:27 am »
Pardon me but...I know only some in the community have expressed their dislike to this change, but it's more than just a "few" users. In fact, the majority of users on this topic have mostly disliked this change. I do think it's rather impossible to receive opinions from every single user, especially since some accounts are dead, some don't look at the forums, etc. With all the drama and bad results that have come from the change, shouldn't that be enough to reconsider it :c?

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2013, 03:02:09 am »
I have a LOT of friends in my roleplay and they all despise the change.

But it makes me happy that a mod has decided to try and talk to us in this forum, even if he is arguing with us. Yaaaaaaay. >_<

If I was you Raz, I wouldn't argue with the community I would listen to them and talk to them calmly, not speak like I'm way over their heads because I'm not. By now, I would have changed FH back.

Offline Wolfish Grin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • ..and then I was like 'lol whoops, my bad...' |D
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2013, 03:04:12 am »
I really don't think anyone should be throwing around numbers without credible and complete calculations here. As I was trying to say in my last post:

The best way of calculating that number would be by adding a poll for all active users to participate in. And for that to work, you'll have to make sure that everyone can see it- the best place would probably be here in the News/Updates section. BUT, what about those users who do not check the forum regularly or at all? Maybe they've come in once or twice since general's been down, but if you add the poll now, where will they be? How are you going to get them to vote so that it will be fair? I do not like the idea of the servers being closed for a week or so that all users can be informed, but if that means everyone gets a fair change at voting, then how else can we find what the majority thinks, and the best solution? I'm up for better suggestions, but at the rate that this seems to be getting handled (and I don't think it's being addressed very well at the moment...), something should be done soon and for everyone.

I'm really pushing for a poll, but if- and only if- everyone can vote on it so that it accurately and fairly represents the active FH community. Not just those who go on the forums all the time, but those who play in game as well, because it affects them just as much!

Without accurate numbers, I will disregard anyone's claim as to if 'most,' 'the majority,' 'only a few,' 'a lot,' etc., or any numbers or percents that someone throws around regarding like or dislike/support or defiance against the removal of general because there is no concrete proof to represent these generalizations that are most certainty biased at this point.

-
@Thantos: Haha, no worries! Besides, that darned, simple arithmetic always tends to screw things up. xD But I do commend you for making the effort to work out the numbers, because although people keep tossing statistics around, there was no evidence given for it. ^^
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:06:19 am by WolfishGrin »
I really need to get around to updating my siggy.
Meh, but that would require effort.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2013, 03:12:21 am »
A lot of people I know, who don't show their face and/or comment on the forum, are very happy with this change.
So even though you say there are a lot out there who dislike it. You need to consider the fact that there are > a lot < who do like it.
And since tbey also don't have anything to complain about regarding this topic, as they can live without general, which seems to be the end of the world forcthr most of you... Well. You ddon't exactly hear or notice it.

(I apologize if there'stypos, as I am posting from my phone.)

Maybe it is time to realize that protesting will get you nowhere.
Find a way to live with the change,  a way to advertise, perhaps a few.
Heck. Why not post an ad on the FH forum? Perhaps users will bother to check it?
Some of the roleplays I have been in, has actually posted an ad here and gotten quite a few members through thay.
It's worth a shot, right? There are ways, and the less time you spend focusing on the negative things, the more time you'll have for other stuff. Like recruiting or moving around in-game to find friends.
I've been runnning around a lot and made friends that way. Join roleplays. Anything.
RETIRED.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2013, 03:14:36 am »
"He said there came a time when words lost their ability to accomplish change and just became noises in the air."
~ DragonKnight by Donita K. Paul

Most things have been repeated and done since day one this all began. Toes were stepped on, points were made. I believe it's time a different course of action should be made now.

As stated many times already, there were no clear announcement that this was made permanent. It's a test to see how things will go. If everyone really wants the mods to "listen" to them, I suggest this much simpler, and hopefully more mature way to handle things:

Someone made a poll to vote if General should come back or remain how things are, and even discuss the issues or opinions in that thread instead: GENERAL CHAT POLL

Right now it's not receiving as many views. I suggest to those who really want to see General come back, to go out on the game and tell everyone else that there's a poll. If the entire community really does want General back (I know I do, but there are many more voices out there than just ours) they'll come onto the forums and vote for it coming back. I also highly advise to refrain from insulting and pointing fingers, and instead point out what it is you're having trouble with and why you want General back. I can't advertise my pack, we're getting inactive; I can't RP or even chat in local cause public maps are so laggy with people bunching together on one spot, etc. But you know how people are...

Nonetheless, I bet that this would be a much more effective way than instigating arguments and causing drama everywhere. It's exactly like a petition. Some are handling this maturely of course, but other's are not. Even so, if the mods are able to look at this poll, see the numbers, and read the comments, then they'll have a better grasp of how much this change is affecting everyone and decide if they should put General back or keep it down.

As I said before, I want General back (it was the only way our pack got members, though even then it was rarely), but some protesters have gotten rather out of hand and put this upon themselves, and ruining the chance for those handling this more maturely to get General back or even have their thoughts considered.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2013, 03:21:58 am »
Well I have been quiet for a long time about this debate... This is actually my first post on this forums, because I rarely use the forums or get on Feral heart at that matter. This is going to be a long post. I may get some backlashes or should I say"woof" at the mouth from probably both the community and the mods as well, but I am well prepared for that.  It is now going on my fourth or fifth week playing on feral heart.

As of last week, I had notice something different about feral heart. For once General was quiet, too quiet so I thought I had general turned off like I always do when I get on feral heart. Turning it is off because I rarely use general and half of the time I always keep it turned off because it is, well annoying for me. However this time general was on... After an hour went by there was still silence in general, so I was like what's going on with general today? Coming to find out hanging beside a group of pride-landers. The leader had said that the mods took down general.

I was like: "What in the world? Since when did they took down general?"  This was huge shocker for me, So once I heard the news, I rush to open my browser up and come to the forums just to find out what they were saying was true. General had officially closed down for testings. I shrugged it off because I knew for a fact that General only had little impact on me and that was basically looking for literate role plays.

Now that this whole week is almost over I have been watching on forums about how some of the community does not like this change, and how some love the change and how some really do not care about the changes at all.  For the last couple of days of in game ... Feral heart looks DEAD. It is like a ghost town.  The two days after this change was made or so, yeah stone bridge and cape portal was populated, and I have to admit I was lagging a bit, but not as much when i had my old computer.

Personally, now that I think about I do not like this change at all and it really is bugging me. I have to admit that there are some players who are running around trying to find people to join their role play. So you can say in a way that this change is making a difference, not a huge HUGE difference.  Now here comes my little rant... :

I think some of us need to remember that this is a Game. This is not real life. Since when there was a rule that you HAVE to make friends on the game?  I also wonder how in the world can you call a person lazy on the game, for not moving in another spot for an hour. The only thing that you are moving on the game is that four legged pixel furry, & the camera. The only thing that should be moving in real life in order to move your character is using your keyboard interface which require your hands...

I do not recall that it is stated in the game you have to use you real life body to move your character around in the game. So for those who calling other people lazy, please re-think that sentence.  Now I was not on late yesterday night, or the other night... But as far as I am concerned that I heard in this topic that players are being banned by mods because they are talking complaining to them in-game. Now personally, I really am not taking sides because unless I see actual footage or screenshots of this then I cannot really say this is true or not. However I will say this though even if it is true or not, it needs to be said.

Banning players on here for 3 or more months because they are stating their opinions on the game or talking about it in front of you, gives you no right excuse to just ban them because of they are delivering a speech. That is really just plain childish.  There are other ways to deal with that kind of situation instead of calling players "uneducated" and "spoiled brats" then topping it off with a ban. Now that is what I really call childish... In fact Half of this community and half of the Mods here really need to grow up.

Now before you start jumping down my throat, because I know that one of you are... I also would like to point out to the community as well. Raz said this was a test. He never said this is permanent... No matter how many people complain, Raz  decision is most likely to be final on this. Be even grateful that he did not shut down Feral heart for 2 weeks or more because of this trolling/spamming business. Then not only would you not have general, you would also not be available to play feral heart as well.

Back onto the subject about the mods: The mods would like to play the game in peace without you guys jumping down their throat about general being taken down. I kind of feel their pain, because at the end of the day they are human. However, instead of just banning people without warning they could have just told those particular players to take it up in the forums. It also seems to be clear that not every Mod agrees with this decision being made... There can be also a possibility that some of the mods did not see this coming.

The players that were calling the Mods "lazy" and "good for nothing." Like I stated above about the mods being childish, you are being childish as well. The Mods also told the community to be open minded about this decision, but the half of the community is not being open minded about this decision. So you can say it like this towards the mods and why they are not actually taking your opinions at the moment. It is almost a week... Right off the bat as soon as Raz stated he closed down general for testing, half of the community outraged. Why should they listen to us? When we did not give them a week before lashing out on them.

What CloudFish had said about the Mods not posting no updates in the last three months and all of the sudden we get some random news about Arokai' how is that game dealing with feral heart? I do not know... and then all of sudden we get another update and what do we get?  A slap in a face then having a remark saying "Deal with it." I have been quiet far too long & I have to say that it is almost been a week, and half of community is not happy with this decision.

For those who saying general is just a chat & what is so special about general? Yeah, you are right. General was just a chat... That has been with us since the beginning of this game. Taking that chat out  of the game is like taking a chunk of the game out. Like other people who had stated not everyone comes on this game to just role play, some come on here to chat. To those who can download maps and still can use general in private maps all I have to say is. That is awesome, great news. However for those who cannot download maps they are suffering.

General is what kept this community alive. Yeah I have been aware that there has been spamming, trolling and conflicts on the chat, but at the same time we also have conflicts in real life. There are times where we have to accept change, however if you play your cards right. You can revert that change... So not all of time we will accept changes. That is how life go, but remember this is the "internet".

The mods tell us that we need to get off the rock and go makes friends, well for some of us General chat helped us find our friends/buddies. It also helped us find our groups and role plays. I have a feeling if this keeps up. More players will end up quitting this game, a lot have already left because the lack of continent in this game.  You cannot get mad at Raz or the mods, because they had stated that they cannot get the codec from Kov, I thought I saw a post where they actually did stated that, and not only that. Kov refuses to give the game codec out.

The mods are trying their best to keep this community alive and lag free.  The way I am seeing in this test, that it seems that Raz and the mods are trying to make sure the community move around instead of staying on a rock/some remote area talking on general for 24 hours or more. With them just sitting in that same area, others who are trying to enter fluorite, ficho or bonfire will eventually crash due to the over populated area, and just only taking general off because of the trolling and spamming.  

If you cannot stand this decision the mods & Raz had made you can keep voicing your opinion about your dislike in this change or do what some of the others like me for example did. "Leave." and find another game to play until they decide to put general chat back on. Or you can stay and if they decide to keep this change you can just deal with it. Both the community and the Moderators need to come up with some kind of agreement here. Both sides need to open minded not just one.

I have to agree there should have been a poll for this on the website and on DA, and while I am at it there should be an age verification when you first enter the site it will ask for the year you were born date and month and stated that this game is recommended for 13 years of age and older, like Terra and Blade and soul have for age verification  That should have been at least created after that incident when feral heart was forced shut down due to parents complaining. So that way parents does not have a to come blasting the mods or Raz out for not controlling the game. Anyway I am sorry for the long rant, but this need to be said. I know I had made some typos in this but it is because I am tired.

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline Darkoblivion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2013, 03:41:35 am »
Does everyone disagree with the calm persons posts all the time...
People have opinions that are to be respected...
And will utterly, always be hated...
If YOU my dears, have a problem.. ~Adjusts glasses.~
Then... do take my advice to heart... Ignore this thread... its such a simple thing really... Or, better yet, leave the game... It does tend to have drama so if you didn't come prepared, go elsewhere...

Cheerio... ~Lifts another glass of wine.

Click theh eggies if you want o3o... So they don't, you know... die.

Offline Karakuri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • ...with Only My Railgun...
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2013, 03:49:22 am »
To be honest, I'm actually starting to get used to FH without General. While I miss advertising the old way, Mammon and Anonymous alike are still getting plenty of members. However, I also disagree with the way some of the mods are acting...even if it's called for sometimes with some of the protesters.
Anonimousity. It's like we're faceless...but with faces. Do I even logic?