Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165522 times)

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #240 on: June 23, 2013, 05:46:26 pm »
Does everyone disagree with the calm persons posts all the time...
People have opinions that are to be respected...
And will utterly, always be hated...
If YOU my dears, have a problem.. ~Adjusts glasses.~
Then... do take my advice to heart... Ignore this thread... its such a simple thing really... Or, better yet, leave the game... It does tend to have drama so if you didn't come prepared, go elsewhere...

Cheerio... ~Lifts another glass of wine.

All you are doing is simply re-writing what I just posted.  But putting it in a bit more "delicate" tone. Not everyone is going to ignore this thread. Because if they do, then this give a sign that clearly everyone agrees with the decision, that the mods and Raz had made. I have to admit the rage hype is going down a little.

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 23, 2013, 06:20:09 pm »
Phantom... Do you know WHY you have members? The only reason you have been able to get members is because your group is an I WANT GENERAL BACK group, which people are sure to join if they see it. It is much harder for actual ROLEPLAYS.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline SpringLeaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Mysterious Seeker
    • View Profile
    • Bramble and Blossom
« Reply #242 on: June 23, 2013, 06:21:01 pm »
Shhh.... No need to argue! *Waggles finger* Just go walk in one area of the map and then move to another and advertise. Not that hard.
[size=70]I am not always online.
Please message me, I would love to make friends.[/size]

SoulRevenge

« Reply #243 on: June 23, 2013, 06:31:40 pm »
Phantom... Do you know WHY you have members? The only reason you have been able to get members is because your group is an I WANT GENERAL BACK group, which people are sure to join if they see it. It is much harder for actual ROLEPLAYS.

iMello, please just, stop. As of the moment, your words are going unappreciated as of the moment, and the reason for that is because they're rude.

I won't say anything more on the matter, however. I just. . Suggest you calm down and eat a Jelly Baby. Or accept the air from ThreDoctor`s lungs. My apologies if it seems like I'm "mini-nodding".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:35:43 pm by Raskolnikov »

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 23, 2013, 07:12:28 pm »
I wasn't being rude, I am stating the truth. Phantom's group, The Ninety Nine percent, is a group for protesting the removal of General. People see them and join them because they want General back. It is, however, nearly impossible for actual roleplaying groups to find members. I made a pack two days ago and so far I have ONE member. JUST ONE.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 23, 2013, 07:32:59 pm »
My mapped group's been recruiting successfully without general for six months, entirely through word of mouth and weekly, public roleplaying sessions. It's honestly not hard if you try!

Also, people who are against the change are more likely to voice their opinion than those who are pleased with it; using the opinions gathered in this thread will undeniably be skewed towards those that abhor the removal of general. People are quicker to complain than to praise. Most people I've talked to actually like it; this thread's in no way representative of the community's overall opinion-- and certainly shouldn't be taken as such.

Even then, it's-... A chat channel. In a sandbox game. Please put things into perspective; it's not a crime against human rights! It's not the end of the world, goodness gracious! Just adapt (or go outside, play a different game etc.) until a better solution's found; general shouldn't be brought back until the underlying issues are resolved.

Offline Angarika

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Angarika/Blakyhart
    • Bludneva
    • blakyhart
    • blakyhart
    • blakyhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 23, 2013, 07:37:20 pm »
Wow.. All I've got to voice is my disappointment. I won't speak about which side it's directed towards, for it's quite obvious from the commented I posted previously (which seems to of been deleted), but I must convey this for it seems some have become blind to some important numbers. Many who want general back keep their opinion incarcerated, knowing in advance if they were to leak inside this forum, they'd probably be banned for the opinions they hold. As of current, I've noticed they speak through whisper or group, telling other members their choices. It's verily the smart thing at the moment, or so I've come to believe through my three years on Feral-Heart.

I mean not to bash anyone but you speak this is an open forum thread for all to speak their minds but from what I've read, on every page, some people are getting banned the moment they even utter a signal word. I don't believe that will raise the reputation of the MOD's in general nor the game. But my curiosity hasn't faltered. I'm still contemplating if this second novel will be the close of the corrupted series or will it be another beginning that is only leading to the end? Forbid me if heaven knows but imminently, I believe- as many others are voicing, Feral-Heart may meet it's end.

I must thank the MOD's though. They've chosen to finally hearken to every player's inner voice. Seems they're finally indulging and for that, I send my thanks. Because of this thread, you've gained some respect from me. That's all I wish to speak. Until another comment, perhaps.~

Sincerely, Angarika- formally known as the child, Blakyhart

P.S. I will edit later. I have work to attend.

Offline Dangeryena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 23, 2013, 08:48:49 pm »
My mapped group's been recruiting successfully without general for six months, entirely through word of mouth and weekly, public roleplaying sessions. It's honestly not hard if you try!

Also, people who are against the change are more likely to voice their opinion than those who are pleased with it; using the opinions gathered in this thread will undeniably be skewed towards those that abhor the removal of general. People are quicker to complain than to praise. Most people I've talked to actually like it; this thread's in no way representative of the community's overall opinion-- and certainly shouldn't be taken as such.

Even then, it's-... A chat channel. In a sandbox game. Please put things into perspective; it's not a crime against human rights! It's not the end of the world, goodness gracious! Just adapt (or go outside, play a different game etc.) until a better solution's found; general shouldn't be brought back until the underlying issues are resolved.

Six months is a very long time and I don't think the people complaining would like to have to consistently advertise for months without General, especially when they don't even have the option to use it now. Running around for who-knows how long asking people may not necessarily be hard, but it is still... Well, unnecessary as well as not fun at all. Not to mention that it's very time-consuming unless you have a group of popular demand.

If people who are for the change wanted their opinions to be heard, all they would need to do is post here as well so it's not as if anything is stopping them from making the thread more accurate, although I'm not sure if any of this is being taken into much consideration or not.

I'm not trying to bash or anything but I felt the need to point a few things out although I wasn't aiming to bring too much opinion into it.
NazoXSparx/C R O C U T A in-game

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #248 on: June 23, 2013, 09:04:41 pm »
To be honest I don't mind. (Couldn't care less really.)

At least it's in private maps guys! You can still RP! And it will encourage Map RPs and maybe a little less den claiming and hoards of lion king prides at the fluorite bridge!

But all the bashers are getting to me, I actually like this update. But it makes it more difficult to interact with people via General. And I kinda miss the spam, there were some funny topics in fluorite at times.

And as for what Nemena said (Wont let me quote), it's really not that hard to advertise groups and RP's, really, it isn't! Make RP advertisements with movies! It floods the chat less as you can choose to view the video if you are searching for an RP.

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 23, 2013, 09:56:26 pm »
Thank you. Just. Thank you! My roleplay is dying. When we advertise, we get one new member at most now because theres no general. Thanks.