Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165434 times)

wolfdog01

Re: RIP General
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2013, 03:56:00 am »
I think this is one of those ideas that starts out as hated and then soon all of the drama all over the place is so much quieter.
I think this was a good idea, I hardly ever used General chat anyways, and all of the ads for RPs was so annoying. Maybe now that more people have to explore, it will cause a bit less lag?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 24, 2013, 04:17:18 am »
I could've made a long rant like post very early in this thread why things lead to one another and answers to various things stated, even claimed out of the blue by some of the members, but I could safely say that this would've been easily flushed away in the heat of the moment, but I come back here in this thread, not to write how wrong some of the posters might be, or how I have issues believing what I'm seeing typed in the posts.

I want to just want to say that I myself, and probably others appreciate the level headed discussions that some are capable of bringing into the thread without constantly glue themselves on who to blame or how it is the end of the world. The staff is indeed aware of the downsides and upsides and they are not just someone sitting and spectating, mind you that many used to be players, and many of them still are. I have kept reading this thread to just see what you guys have to say whether I approve of it or not, users pop in, others walk out, some bring up new points and discussions, we care about the game and it's players, and it's actually one of the reasons why the change even happened and is currently active in the first place.

Who knows, maybe the change will bring something unexpected that not a single positive could bring the game up, or maybe this change will bring something so positive that the negatives will turn into history, but it's way too soon to say or tell.

I have said this before, and I will say again that if people want to explain and tell us what they dislike with this change they have all the right to do so, but it doesn't give anyone the right to turn it into a bashing game like I've actually heard some people claim here and there they have the right to do. As mentioned before by others in the thread, this won't help you or anyone else. This is why it's very refreshing seeing users actually able to explain their reasoning behind the change instead of going head on "Beep you staff for doing beeping nothing but ruining our beeping game you beep". But the thing is really that even though we care dearly about the players and the very game itself, no one is forcing anyone to make sure it stays online, that you have a game to connect to, that you have people to go to if you have issues or need assistance, there's an effort for each and everyone to keep this a game and an actual community with a structure, a game and community that you actually can find contacts and friends, be creative and be your "floofy self". Not a dump on the internet as some honestly want FH to become for various reasons. Neither is there anything like a bag of gold for being a part of it.

So if I blatantly would put it this way:
Would it be best to try something new that could lead us somewhere, or would it be best to see many things being held back and cause issues eventually leading to more than just "a thing"?

It's a compensation and we must think of more than just one persons point of view or their needs, as some people seem to understand and try to put out in this very thread for everyone to read whether they approve or disapprove of the change itself, and therefore I'm very thankful for this, they will in the longer run help us all get to a realization, result and maybe even a decision quicker and in a better manner, but right now things are still hanging very much in the air.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Nutella2

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • The most anonymous person you'll ever meet.
    • View Profile
    • My dA. c:
« Reply #272 on: June 24, 2013, 07:51:26 am »
I am one of those people against the change, but I can deal with it nevertheless. I understand the things going on with the hurtful words and everything since I was in one. I'm just disappointed- General was one of my favorite chats because I could find people who like what I like without moving. Party may give the same effect as general but you have to join them. General was great. The end.
Anonymousness. yay. c:

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2013, 12:13:14 pm »
I really think people need to try and see some of the positives instead of clinging to all the negatives, if you would just try that then I think you will agree general going is a good idea.

People will start playing the game instead of using it as a public chat room.

More people will be running around the map instead of sitting on the game and sitting in the game.

There will be less arguing, drama, debating and less people insulting other peoples role play choices.

I'm not a hypocrite, I've looked at all the negatives. Members will be harder to come by for groups, but I think it can be turned into a positive. People might start being nicer to each other as they won't want to lose any possible members. I understand you won't be able to talk to the whole map but I don't think that's what this game was meant to be about.

Offline Schriftsteller

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 24, 2013, 04:47:36 pm »
........Im against the change, I mean...sure, gen was a pain sometimes, but it was where loads of people could express themselves, and if you felt bad, there wasn't a moment when Gen couldn't cheer you up with some floofie's comment...But, I'll have to get used to it...wait, is this change PERMENANT?

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 24, 2013, 05:25:10 pm »
So now FH is crashing (Feralheart.exe has stopped working) when I go into fluorite.

Offline Vessan

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 24, 2013, 05:43:44 pm »
........Im against the change, I mean...sure, gen was a pain sometimes, but it was where loads of people could express themselves, and if you felt bad, there wasn't a moment when Gen couldn't cheer you up with some floofie's comment...But, I'll have to get used to it...wait, is this change PERMENANT?
No, it is just a test, after this everyone will see how it all ran.

Offline _-Phantomwolf-_

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Find me in-game on Ilithyia Rhea
    • View Profile
    • Red Ra}V{age
« Reply #277 on: June 24, 2013, 07:46:39 pm »
So now FH is crashing (Feralheart.exe has stopped working) when I go into fluorite.
This often happens to a lot of people. I think it is just a glitch. i posted a thread in the help section about this. Fearah has some suggetions in it that were hellpful. If they dont work, Try resetting your home position and logging on, or just hanging out in another map for an hour or so. You'll get back in eventually.

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 24, 2013, 09:00:12 pm »
Oh, joy. Red locked the poll... YAY. Just YAY. Now, we can no longer vote our opinions. In this thread, people cannot tell exact numbers or percentages like in a poll, so the staff will still be able to use the whole, "It isn't the majority because we don't have exact numbers." excuse. Joy. Just... wonderful.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Halfmoon112

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 24, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »
Removing gen, in my opinion, will make a good batch of players quit. A fast and time saving way to advertise is through gen. With local, there are people trying to roleplay and people chatting away at random stuff, its difficult to concentrate on the ads. Also, you will have to run from checkpoint to checkpoint where groups of players are. As for me, I definitely won't be on FH much anymore. Really, not many hurtful comments are in gen. Those comments are a risk you'll have to take in chat games like this. Such as facebook-- with signing up, you'll have to risk the comments.