Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165377 times)

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #280 on: June 24, 2013, 11:54:14 pm »
Bear in mind that I'm not out to bash anyone here. But surely, most people have a pretty good idea of how the game would work if General was removed permanently now. I appreciate that this was a test, and that the point was to see the results, but have we not achieved that yet? We know now that advertising is very awkward and Fluorite feels like a ghost town. We know that a very large number of people are unhappy about it, and great amounts of conflict have arisen, further driving apart an already shaky community. Before the poll was closed down(thanks by the way, for removing our only method of giving factual statements about the numbers involved), 54 people voted that they desperately want General back and another 28 expressed that they weren't really ok with it, which made up 80.4% of the votes. I know, not every single active player voted on that poll, but those were some telling figures nonetheless.
I know someone will probably come raging back at me and call me an impatient, uneducated and ungrateful little upstart, but I think this "test" has successfully shown some results. And now we'd like the heart of our game back.

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 24, 2013, 11:57:33 pm »
^ I agree. PLEASE just give us General back already. This is a test, and we have already SEEN the results. I think this 'test' is over. :I
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 25, 2013, 12:05:00 am »
I will kindly ask you just here and now to stop with the sarcastic comments and overall pointless stirring up of things, it's getting very tiresome here.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 25, 2013, 12:28:56 am »
I wasn't being sarcastic, and I wasn't stirring up anything. But seriously, we really have already seen the outcome of this. People are mad, fights are happening, people are getting banned, and some are leaving. This is just causing problems for both the community and the staff. I really think we should just end this test already and restore FeralHeart to the way it was. I am not trying to be rude, and I'm not trying to flame anyone. If it comes of that way, I'm sorry. I tend to say things that aren't intended as rude, but they sound it anyway. I am seriously not trying to be. I am only trying to get a point across that so many other users have said as well. And about the poll, you really should unlock it so we can continue to vote. That way, we can see actual numbers and percents. Either that or create an official poll on this thread or something. We need a way of knowing the exact numbers. Plus, Red, it was a STAFF MEMBER who told us we should vote in that poll. If I'm correct, I think it was LordSuragaha.
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline _-Phantomwolf-_

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Find me in-game on Ilithyia Rhea
    • View Profile
    • Red Ra}V{age
« Reply #284 on: June 25, 2013, 12:37:18 am »
Yes....I was kind of surprised to see the poll locked. Maybe another one will be started again once things calm down a little?

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2013, 12:47:40 am »
I would sure hope so. :I I'm sorry if I seem rude right now, Red, but that was honestly stupid to lock that poll. We were finally getting accurate numbers, only for it to be locked... that's just unfair.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2013, 12:54:52 am »
To iMello and a few others here the FH admin not only have alot more authority here but they also have alot more experience when it comes to certain matters on the forum, game, & community. Though they may not always say what you like to hear or do what you expect they are working hard to make the best decisions for everyone. They deserve some respect for the load they often have to tolerate not just with the game itself but also the weight of responcibilties & expectations from the community. So please stop arguing with Red already. There's far too much "he said" "she said" and hostility flowing around for anyone to ever get anywhere with all this.

When it came to the numerous General chat voting polls I did my job as a mod to lock the extra ones. I left the original and first one open at the time simply since this thread didn't have a poll and I figured it was the only major difference between this thread and that thread. Mods were locking all the other extra "What do you think of general chat being taken down threads" since we already have this one to discuss under. When it came to that original poll I simply redirected you all to that one so you'd all stop posting multiple threads about the same thing. That poll's title was also edited so that it was more clear to users that it was about the general chat's removal and so duplicate threads would stop getting posted. In the end Red decided to lock it and I have no complaints or disagreement with.

Red & Raz have made it clear here on this thread what their intentions are and how this situation is going to be handled. Though you guys don't think it the staff are paying attention to everything you guys are saying here. Just because we lock things or say things you may not like to hear doesn't mean we are against you guys. In all honesty you guys really need to keep calm and patient and attempt to try something new. Instead of going against the staff team so much try supporting us.

I have mixed opinions about Gens removal. Infact for a while I was strongly against general chat being removed but I respect Red and the others and I'm more than willing to see and try their way. The admin are very wise about the matters with this game and how to make things work better for the community as a whole so instead of bad mouthing them or knocking their ideas so fast you guys should consider cutting them some slack. As I said before we're all dealing with what little we can do with an incomplete game & lack of a source code. The staff is trying their best and getting mostly negative reaction for everything they try to do to improve things around here.

I would sure hope so. :I I'm sorry if I seem rude right now, Red, but that was honestly stupid to lock that poll. We were finally getting accurate numbers, only for it to be locked... that's just unfair.

When it comes to the polls it's understandable that users want to share their opinions about disliking the general chats removal but it's not fair towards those who are possibly in support of it. Chances are the users who are happy with general chat being down aren't going to feel reason to come on the forum and vote on the poll. The poll is not totally accurate although it shows many of you are against it.  

Please just give it a chance. It hasn't been in affect long enough to know the true outcome of all of this. Stop giving the staff a heartache about this already and just bare with us. Instead of fighting change try adapting to it and see how far we can go with this. Enough bashing of something you've barely even given a chance to.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:44:56 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline sitkaaa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • cutie with a bootie
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2013, 01:32:12 am »
I will kindly ask you just here and now to stop with the sarcastic comments and overall pointless stirring up of things, it's getting very tiresome here.

I agree with Red. Even though removing General has made advertising harder, we can sure find a way to deal with it in time. I completely disagree with removing General, but if that's it, that is that. Maybe I don't have to advertise roleplays. I could probably get my friend to join in, and maybe she'll go to her friend; "Hey dude check out this roleplay its really fun and intresting!" My point is, we can live without General. We lived our lives before feral heart, now we are obsessed, but a little change doesn't mean it removing the whole point of the game. You can still roleplay. You can still have fun. You can still play feral heart.

ha ha hey

Offline Bluminescent

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
  • "It's always about your friends, isn't it?"
    • Bluminescent
    • blumutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2013, 01:33:02 am »
I'm going to miss General, even though I didn't really use it much. :c
My Deviantart

" Y'ever wonder what stars are? Where light comes from? "

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 25, 2013, 01:55:44 am »
I've tried to adapt, actually... I tried the whole 'movie' thing to advertise. But, you know what? I was kicked for it. Said I was 'movie spamming', which I wasn't. I was advertising. We don't have General, so the only way to advertise is with movies, and now we are getting kicked for that... what else are we supposed to do?