Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165304 times)

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #330 on: June 26, 2013, 05:20:24 pm »
How do we make new friends if we have to run around a map screaming?

Offline Larka98

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Old school retired player
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 26, 2013, 07:15:37 pm »
I also personally hate people coming up to me like : Do you wanna join my pack? You dont get the information you get  in advertisments
Old school retired player who occasionally comes in for a peek

Offline Silverstar45

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • "Welcome to the new age."
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 26, 2013, 08:48:53 pm »
I for one am glad this decision is being made.

I recently quit the game because of the bullying, disgusting behavior and cussing in general. But, I can come back and simply roleplay with my group without the worries of rude behavior in the General chat.
  ~Blackjay~

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2013, 09:38:11 pm »
We're not angry about this... we're a boiling rage about this.
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline Cecilia~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • wwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2013, 10:22:21 pm »
Even if you didn't like seeing "bullying" or spam or whatever in general chat, there was an option to disable it!

Seems like almost everyone was fine with that option being there. There is really no reason to get rid of general chat permanently.
i dont know anything ever at any time

Offline Notely

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 26, 2013, 11:15:32 pm »
Alright, so. I've never posted on the forum before, but I've been an avid player of FeralHeart for a while. I decided I would share my thoughts on the termination of General chat.

I really hope that this is just for testing, as people have said. Everyone is saying you just have to adapt to the change, but what if we can't? And I'm not trying to be some whiny little punk who just wants things to go their way by saying this.

My game has a severe problem with lag... It takes thirty minutes to an hour to load into a map. Sometimes it freezes, and I have to force shut down my computer. I can't watch movies well, those lag too. I also cannot go into overpopulated areas such as Stone Bridge, because my game freezes up. I can't even look in the general direction of SB. My case of lag makes movement in-game very limited. I've been hoping to get a new computer, since the issues are most likely being caused by it's low memory space... but my family has no money. I've been waiting a long time for a more updated computer, but I realize now that it's not going to happen. So I'm trying to work with what I have.

But let me get to my main point: If I cannot watch videos, cannot go into populated areas to join a roleplay, what else can I do? I've tried making videos to find a roleplay, but recruiters aren't the ones watching them. I've tried the N/Z, and hoped a roleplay would be there. I've tried to adapt. Roleplay is the reason why I play the game. It's where I met my friends. I've had great experiences in this game. But now, with General gone, I actually can't do anything. It sounds pathetic but I don't know what to do. If General never returns, unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to return as well. If I can't roleplay, can't make friends, connections, etc, I have no use for FH.

This pains me. I don't want to leave FH, I have had the best of times on here. I've made so many connections in-game. So many real friendships. I see why people would want to take the chat out of the game, really I do. However I can't help but feel like there can be another solution that won't affect the community as negatively as this one.

And, lastly, before this was ever decided, the community should have had an opinion. I know I had one.

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 27, 2013, 12:28:22 am »
Just went advertising and out of 10 of us, each of us got 0 members!

I even went to ficho and bonfire, and I ran past Red yelling about it. I yelled out in Cape, and I yelled out at Stone.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 27, 2013, 03:06:47 am »
I also personally hate people coming up to me like : Do you wanna join my pack? You dont get the information you get  in advertisments

Also this, actually XD damn, I seem to keep finding new points I want to make.
Anyone who's been in Bonfire for any period of time while a typical group is recruiting will probably have an experience like this. You'll just be sitting there when suddenly a new group and friend request pop up out of the blue. "Ugh, another random group request?" you might think. "Well alright, let's at least look at the group and leader's bio to see if I might actually like it.", and so you do. But, due to the simple fact that many of the Bonfire residents don't bother with bios, you have no way of finding out more about the group unless you whisper the leader. Who may or may not understand you unless you speak fluent text language. In the end you deny both requests, and time has been wasted for everyone involved.

Now, I know that not every single person in the game is the same, but it remains a fact that General was a good, direct way of providing some rudimentary info about your group. And yes, it would help a lot if every group leader took the time to fill in the group bio, but sometimes it's filled with map links or they just can't be bothered. It's quicker to have it announced for all the map to see at once, rather than having to explain it to everyone who asks.

Offline FutureGadget001

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 27, 2013, 04:38:50 am »
Just another little bit from me, because I'm getting very concerned.

Apparently now players are being banned for speaking their minds about this topic in-game. Mods and players are having full-blown arguments and the whole atmosphere of the game has suddenly become disturbingly hostile. Even as I'm typing this, I'm watching a rather heated conversation at NZ between some protesters and mods. The protesters are trying to state their case in a mature way, and the mods seem to be doing nothing but getting angry and accusing them of being ungrateful little brats.

Aside from anything else, there is a serious attitude problem arising here. One party tries to be calm and mature about things while getting their point across, and others throw verbal abuse at them. This is coming from both sides of the argument, and I'm really getting worried. Never before have I seen such animosity on Feralheart, it's beginning to sound like genuine hatred.

What's happening to the game I once loved? This hasn't changed anything for the better, it's just driving us apart further. I don't want to see Feralheart descend into a battleground over something that could be solved so easily...
I'm seeing the same thing, and I agree, it's quite concerning. I mean, it's one thing when it's just spam and trolling. It's a completely new world when hatred, protesting, and assults are being thrown around carelessly. Really, i'm scared to return to FH. I have no clue what kinda of hatred and terror awaits me. So, I guess until it all stops; I don't plan to play FH, and, if it goes on, I won't ever again; THAT'S how concerned I am. FH at one point was my favorite game, but since this has started; it's constantly going downhill. I fully agree with you. Trolling and spam is everyday life. Hatred, assualting, verbaling abusing, that's one of the definitions of complete terror in my book. (Sorry for bad english if any.)

Offline Toxic Reverie

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 27, 2013, 05:24:53 am »
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:29:28 am by ToxicReverie »
I no longer log on to this account on the forums.