Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165497 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #410 on: July 02, 2013, 02:09:13 pm »
We arn't getting general back. The staff doesn't seem to give a hoot about what we think. Might as well just stop talking about it.
If they didn't care enough to ask us our opinion when removing it, they aren't going to listen to us to get it back. Best thing to do is to get over it and rant in your diary instead. e.e

i dont think this is especially fair. they have kept this thread open past all the hate and steam theyre getting for this to see peoples reactions and how to handle it

^ Thank you CloudFish ^

Offline wolfuss

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 03, 2013, 01:40:30 am »
Oh boy. This will cause me a lot of issues. But I feel like it also has a lot of positive effects to! So thank you for the update!

Offline silverwolf120

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • I am obssessed With Smile.Dog and Strider!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 03, 2013, 04:41:27 am »
Potato I'm with you I miss General I dun like to use movies cause now ITS MOVIE SPAM!!! Y U NO JUST GET RID OF MOVIE CLIPS FERAL-HEART Y!!?? Oh and uh... I thought everyone says only the creator of the game has the codes so uhm by that being said HOW YOU CHANGE HAVING OR NOT HAVING SOMETHING if you don't have the game codes I'm starting to get confused cause they say "We can't add anything new to the game because only Kovu has the games codes." and yet YOU CAN GET RID OF GENERAL that makes no sense wouldn't you need the game codes to change the game!? ~Matryo

Signature by Demon
            Merry Christmas

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 03, 2013, 04:50:01 am »
Not just refering to this. I've been around for years. I pay attention to all that happens on these forums. I may have just decided to be active, but i've been here since it all started. I'm not going too in depth about my opinions right now. I will say this: I have my likes and dislikes about this game. I adore the team, I really do. I just don't quite agree with how they go about doing things. I know they try their best, and honestly it's better then I cloud do. I just wish we as the community had more say in how things are done. I call them as I see 'em. And as far as i've seen, not much is being done as far as getting the oppinions of the players. Not here to ruffle any feathers. I was just saying what I saw. The staff do not seem to be informing us much on how things are going. Please don't see this as hate. I'm not one of those jerks going around raging about how the staff sucks. And I know how hard it can be to run a game. I've been part of the staff team for a few old games, and know it isn't easy.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 03, 2013, 05:46:50 am »
Guys, I know this is hard for a lot of you... I have not gotten over the fact that general is taken down, but I am not going to let a chat bring me down and rage quit, or complain about it to the mods. You are just going to make it worse then it already is... Like Raz said as soon as you guys calm down that's when the mods will make a decision.

You can always make a party chat group to talk to your buddies... Good thing is you can be far away from them and you can still talk to them. If you are looking for a group in fluorite but cannot click the movies, for whatever reason whatever players are constantly spamming movies, an error pops up your cannot click them. Then your best bet is to go out to the populated areas where advertising is usually held, which is at Stone Bridge, N/Z tree and Cape portal. For those who have old computers and say they will actually crash if they go to a really laggy place like the three populated areas I posted above, then you should whisper friends and see if they are in a role play your interested in.

Their has been literate role plays advertising in Stone bridge and cape portal, but most of them require you to download maps. For those who cannot download maps why don't you make a group and advertise your specific literate group for the people who cannot download maps.  Like the admins said, this is a "test" Tests can go on for weeks or a whole month or more.

The more you complain the longer we will have to wait to see results. Go download a mod/addons and enhance your feral heart game-play. Or just play another game for awhile instead of complaining.  Just bear with them. It has only been two weeks. (I think I do not know because I have not been paying any attention to the general related stuff.) I have to admit I was being one sided about this ideal... but it is not as bad as you all think... If you know your way around the game, you can find loads of way advertising your group or looking for one. You can use the forums or do a YouTube video (>.> that sounds kind of stupid but it is worth a shot).

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:49:02 am by iHolly »

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 03, 2013, 06:57:15 am »
YouTube actually does work, if you leave it up for a while. I don't have to worry about advertising. I just form Short-Term roleplays with other coyotes... I like to find partners or groups to hunt with, because of the fact i'm realistic, therefore I only hunt deer and such in groups. There are more of us coyotes out there than you think. >:D But anywho... Yes if you have issues finding groups because of lag, go to YouTube, or even these forums. Cough I have at least seven pups out there from these partnerships. Cough
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Faith.

• Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • pls god tell me its not mondayz xc
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 03, 2013, 11:29:52 am »

I will surely miss general.
Some people are shy to go up to people and say hi.
And as many people stated, the movie advertising is tough. Much less players will be bothered to click on every movie clip.
Trolls and spamming in general?
Hahaha, that happens in every chat, local, movie etc.
General was the main target of trolling, which was good.
Why?
If people do it in local, mods can't be everywhere to check out users.
On the other hand, in general mods could be there to warn users that spam.
Not everyone has the guts(or maybe the person is just lazy? xD) or knows how to report someone.
As for movies, I honestly don't think anyone cared when general was up about the movie spamming, but just simply turned them off. After all, from what I have noticed, the movies used to be mostly about people derping and dancing in them. Now, trolls can troll people much easier with the movies, as they only have to click a button multiple times to spam.
So, all in all i have to say that trolls and spammers are everywhere, not just general.

I didn't mean to be rude or anything.

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 03, 2013, 12:47:47 pm »
I said what I said because it's been 42 pages of anger or sadness or "I'm leaving" Or arguing. 42. pages. That's 611 post, arguing or being mad or sad or quitting.

Offline Faith.

• Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • pls god tell me its not mondayz xc
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 03, 2013, 01:09:53 pm »

People need to tell their opinions.
It's not anger or sadness, well maybe some. But not all, some are just plainly telling their opinions xD(Most I believe)

Offline PartyyRockinn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • stay hungry
    • littlelavi
    • lvstbites
    • satansoffspring
    • amitycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 03, 2013, 04:10:42 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't leave the game because of general being disabled, but if that's what they wanna do, let them. It doesn't concern you anyways. But I don't necessarily like this whole thing with General being gone, I know that its MUCH harder to recruit and much harder to find rps. Mapped rps that were not involving warrior cats were always hard to locate, but you could always see their posts on general. For warrior cats, they're always gathered around cape, so that didn't really change either. I just find it alot harder to find rps now. I know the movie clips do something, yes, they do. But I don't understand why General had to be disabled because of some immature trolls. They could've just been banned or warned instead of taking the whole thing away. And they're still in Local and other chats anyways. There are always gonna be people like that, like it has been said before, so yeah. I kinda just didn't understand that. I also want to thank you guys for leaving this up for reply, I expected it to be locked by now. Anyways, I'm not planning on quitting, but I don't necessarily like this, I don't think many people do.
FH Username: PartyyRockinn
Sig by SHRINES on dA
Icon by prospecte on dA