Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165427 times)

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #440 on: July 05, 2013, 05:09:30 pm »
Ohh, that's tough, Dell really aren't that good. I'd think any PC that couldn't handle FH should be laid to rest. My mom has had a little note pad thing for about six years now and won't let the poor thing die. My laptop had to go to the shop to be fixed before and I borrowed her note pad, took all day to download FH I ended up not even trying to play it xD

You could always defrag it, but it could take all day.

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 05, 2013, 06:06:33 pm »
I usually defrag every couple weeks so that it wouldn't take an eternity to do. I don't have many things on the laptop, anyway. xD Just some N64/GBA roms, a few documents, and an art program as well as Blender. Everything else is in Flash Drives.

I had a little notepad thing for about the same amount of time your mother had and it ran things wonderfully, odd as it is. It would get warm, but nowhere near as warm as the dell I use gets. xD My father kept compressing it because he thought there wasn't any space in the tiny thing and it wound up destroying all it's important files, so it's just sitting and rotting under my desk. We don't really know what to do with it.

It ran games like WQ and FH surprisingly well [with low graphics settings] though, despite its size, though it was an Acer so it's easier to understand that it'd be able to run some of those things if the graphics are set to moderately low. XD

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 05, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »
Hmmm, well all I can say is you now know what you want for your birthday...

I have a cheap laptop I got from Argos xD Runs smooth as long as I keep on top of everything.

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 05, 2013, 11:31:34 pm »
If you keep on top of your computers updates it should be able to run this game fine.

Updating your computer can break the OS. My sister's boyfriend work and build computers. When my computer had errors on it, I had him to check it out for me and he found out that it was my OS big time, because I was updating my computer on daily basis. My old laptop ran feral heart smooth and lag free it was fast as well without having a graphic card and share dedicated memory... But once my windows update broke the restore point for my computer that's when in middle of late 2011 My laptop became running slow and terrible, giving me the end results of finding a better laptop which now runs feral heart to it's fullest.

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline HiddenFoxTribe

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 05, 2013, 11:51:17 pm »
I have to agree with the majority of the comments. I am attempting to run a healthy, literate warrior Rp, but movies alone isn't helping at all. I think taking General down was a bad decision.. I can't stop my self from getting angry over this matter. >.> I want it back..

baltowolflover

« Reply #445 on: July 06, 2013, 03:45:10 am »
Well that stink's, It's gonna be harder for me to find RP's now...

And this destroy's memorie's...

;^; </3

Offline OmegaToAlpha

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • You are not a 'Gangsta', Pull up your pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 06, 2013, 04:07:41 am »
Poor General. I'll miss chu.-Lays Flowers on grave* (<-- NO I don't rp that that, before I gaet tons of haters. )But, I think it might be for the best.

Offline Stone18

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 07, 2013, 05:58:52 pm »
The only problem now is the movie spam, which I turn off movies anyways unless I am advertising myself, or looking for a roleplay group. Yes, I do agree with your reasoning, but it does make advertising a bit harder. You can't put as much information in the movie as you would in General chat. It doesn't really effect me, but I could definatley see how others in the game are troubled by it.

The only issue for me now is ust the movie spam. I'm sure it will get better as time goes on, but this goes out to mainly everyone: Please lighten up on your movie spam. People may not like it. I'm sure it has irritated people before. Also, i'm not try to be bossy here, so please try and understand my point of view on this topic.

Offline PartyyRockinn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • stay hungry
    • littlelavi
    • lvstbites
    • satansoffspring
    • amitycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 08, 2013, 06:35:34 am »
I dont know why people expect some users to fix their computers? Like they obviously aren't going to spend hundreds of dollars just to fix it so that movies on fh will work. It might be out of their budget or out of their control.
FH Username: PartyyRockinn
Sig by SHRINES on dA
Icon by prospecte on dA

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #449 on: July 08, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »
I really, REALLY don't support this decision. I mean, I tried to be open-minded about it, but... At the time you guys removed it I was just going to start a new rp, and now it's nearly impossible to effectively recruit. I used to be able to find four or five people within two-four hours, but now it's an all day effort.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'