Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165510 times)

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
Re: RIP General
« Reply #460 on: July 09, 2013, 01:51:05 am »
Oh, believe me, I've been using Movies as a main source of advertising. And the thing about starting up an RP is that I am the ONLY member in it, I don't have anyone to send to other maps, and when I do, the results are usually the same as mine. As for recruiting hours on end, I would happily return to the map with only two or three people, but the problem is is that even that small of a number has become hard to reach. This is my main issue with General chat, is you could catch people's attention with it. Now it's just Movieclip movieclip movieclip movieclip Local argument that so and so is stealing members and making lag movie clip movieclip movieclip.

If you are the only member that is where you first went wrong. In order to have a group you need a few friends to be active RPers and helpers in your RP. Whisper some of your friends and ask if they are interested. Without the extra backbone for the RP it just won't wok out no matter how much you advertise.

Most of my friends, despite being active, have their own roleplays to tend to, the others either aren't active at all, or simply had no interest in the type of rp I'm starting. The point is: If I can't make my ad stand out, and it's constantly being spammed away from the chat, no  one is ever going to see it. In general people used beautiful group titles to catch attention, or they cracked jokes, or parodied songs, but now it's just movieclip, and unless you have a spectacular Username, then goodluck catching someone's eye.

I understand then. I personally can't see any true advantages to taking general away. Let us just hope we can get it back.

Offline Mondevu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 09, 2013, 05:29:38 am »
A suggestion to those who seek to advertise for their RPs; make a character specifically for the purpose of advertising your group, then put some basic info in the character's bio. I started doing that for my group and it works pretty good. :3
Custom Markings - Click Here!

Custom Music - Click Here!

Custom Emotes - Click Here!

Offline kitsu

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 09, 2013, 07:11:20 am »
Doesn't anyone feel that this whole thing is getting a bit excessive..? I mean, not to be hypocritical here, but going on for 47 pages, sharing the same, what, four or five ideas about a topic that's probably not going to be resolved the way you'd like it to be is kind of being a bit melodramatic. That is, in my own opinion, anyway. .-.
I'd think it's about time for everyone to just get a grip, suck it up and move on. It's a chat, for goodness sake. It's not like it's a whole map or a character model, right?
Waffle shaped cats shall invade your dreams.

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 09, 2013, 11:09:04 am »
Yes MissScarlett is so very right.

I posted a topic in game discussion so people can share their recruiting methods so people can at least try to cope without general.

I feel the people wanting general back are worried if they show they can cope the admins will think "Oh, they don't need it then" and not give it back.

Offline Artemis3915

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 09, 2013, 01:42:27 pm »
     I thank you for the notice and the reasoning is good, something i can agree with. so though i will miss general i can understand why this was done and have found it good in a way since it has been turned off... this is because other than making us a closer nit group, it has helped with when advertising: working harder on getting members for groups or to find groups to be a member of, helps with a better out come of more members willing to stay long term as of before when they would come to RP once or twice only. So once again i can understand and agree in some ways to the decision and thank you for the heads up ^-^
~ART

Offline Dangeryena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 09, 2013, 03:42:53 pm »
Doesn't anyone feel that this whole thing is getting a bit excessive..? I mean, not to be hypocritical here, but going on for 47 pages, sharing the same, what, four or five ideas about a topic that's probably not going to be resolved the way you'd like it to be is kind of being a bit melodramatic. That is, in my own opinion, anyway. .-.
I'd think it's about time for everyone to just get a grip, suck it up and move on. It's a chat, for goodness sake. It's not like it's a whole map or a character model, right?

FH already doesn't have much to offer or do. If you take one crucial part of it out of few that makes the game more entertaining and addictive, it's going to hurt it a lot more than if it was a game where there were tons more things to do other than talk and roleplay.

I wouldn't be surprised if this whole fiasco caused the whole thing to go down the drain.
NazoXSparx/C R O C U T A in-game

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 09, 2013, 03:54:03 pm »
Everyone has good view points; that is obvious. There are no right or wrong opinions on the matter of General leaving Feral Heart.

Sparx; simply taking away general wouldn't cause Feral Heart to go down the drain. Think about how many people love Feral Heart and how many people are even addicted to it. Once the shock of losing General is over i'm sure everyone will have learned to cope without having it; though of course Advertising will be a bit more of a task without a chat that can reach through out the entire map. As the moderators have said:
They are sure how taking away General will affect the game; but they are also in a way just testing it. I'm sure that if they feel the need to give General back - they will. Though if they see that the game gets better or what ever because of the loss of General; well...then they might take away General until they see that General is needed again.

~Gircutie

Offline Larka98

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Old school retired player
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 09, 2013, 09:52:30 pm »
Old school retired player who occasionally comes in for a peek

Offline trinitylovespink

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glowing potato pocket
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #468 on: July 09, 2013, 11:55:53 pm »
In a personal opinion, Im happy to see General Chat go, Though yes, I was I frequent wanderer In the "General Chat" and I also used it to advertise in I timely manner, I was quite sick of the Offensive, Unneeded, Horrible Comments/Ways that the chat option. For example; Spamming, Trolling, some form of Offensive Language, or calling some one a name and/or hurting some ones feelings. Also Cuzzing/Swearing, Inappropriate content that my younger siblings/Family/Friends would not wanna see. So in my Option, Im happy to see that Chat Box go.
Here To Help!
Ingame: trinitylovespink
dA: Donttouchsilverlark
Tumblr: Donttouchsilver

Offline Devious-Devilee

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 10, 2013, 01:59:24 am »
In a personal opinion, Im happy to see General Chat go, Though yes, I was I frequent wanderer In the "General Chat" and I also used it to advertise in I timely manner, I was quite sick of the Offensive, Unneeded, Horrible Comments/Ways that the chat option. For example; Spamming, Trolling, some form of Offensive Language, or calling some one a name and/or hurting some ones feelings. Also Cuzzing/Swearing, Inappropriate content that my younger siblings/Family/Friends would not wanna see. So in my Option, Im happy to see that Chat Box go.

But see, the problem is that there is the same about of cussing, inappropriate behavior that goes on in the normal chat as there was in General. If that's an excuse to remove a part of the chat system, then the same could be said about the regular chat as well.