Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165228 times)

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #500 on: July 16, 2013, 07:14:53 pm »
May I just...butt in and say something real quick....

It seems that all the problems with the servers, the maps, and the lag have started up as soon as general chat was removed. I'm not sure if this is just a freaking coincidence, but I highly doubt it. Perhaps it due to the fact that so many people are now using only one chat to speak on, or all the movie spam. Not sure which. However, many of my friends have noticed that when you go into the plains, you lag to the point where it's so severe, that you cannot even move. I'm also crashing so much in the plains now, which has never happened to me before, and the sever is also online when this happens as well.

Does this have anything to do with general chat being removed? I'm not sure, and I cannot entirely prove that. However, it seems that all these problems I listed began as soon as it was gone, so perhaps it does need to come back after all...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:17:01 pm by *StarWolfie7* »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 16, 2013, 08:00:26 pm »
May I just...butt in and say something real quick....

It seems that all the problems with the servers, the maps, and the lag have started up as soon as general chat was removed. I'm not sure if this is just a freaking coincidence, but I highly doubt it. Perhaps it due to the fact that so many people are now using only one chat to speak on, or all the movie spam. Not sure which. However, many of my friends have noticed that when you go into the plains, you lag to the point where it's so severe, that you cannot even move. I'm also crashing so much in the plains now, which has never happened to me before, and the sever is also online when this happens as well.

Does this have anything to do with general chat being removed? I'm not sure, and I cannot entirely prove that. However, it seems that all these problems I listed began as soon as it was gone, so perhaps it does need to come back after all...

Someone suggested that same thing you're saying but here was the response to that.

It almost feels as if the loss of General is starting these server issues.

I have NEVER had an issue with the game until the loss of General happened. Suddenly, the game is unstable, the servers aren't working, there's chat lag, movie spam, bad tokens.

I would want to say that if we tried returning general, and if the mods did not mess with the codes to make this theory "wrong", if we returned it, would the game start working properly like it was again?

Or are we going to blame it on something else?

Just food for thought.

While that would be a fair assumption, I have to disagree with that one.
The reason for the server issues lately is due to the fact that we suffered a double hard drive crash on the server several weeks ago (which the removal of a chat would not have done), and Raz has been working to fix it, though we have had some bumps along the way.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:02:25 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline ShelbyRB

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I can smell your peanut butter lies!!!!!.....
    • View Profile
    • IceCub's deviantArt
« Reply #502 on: July 16, 2013, 08:35:26 pm »
I think for the most part, the removal of General was an awesome idea! Its helped a lot, the only problems is the number of people who quit playing because of it. But most people have found ways to get their groups noticed even without General. Not sure if it will return, but what if there was a way to censor profanity like ************ I remember thats how it was when I played runescape XD

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:07 pm »
Yeaaa.... um.

My roleplay is failing because we cannot find new members. And most of us lag like heck when we try in local. Besides, in local most people already are trying to advertise. It's an ongoing war now.

This is how I see it:
JOIN US PLEASE WE NEED YOU!!
No JOIN US!!
Nuuuu! Join us pleease we are the best rpers around!
Go here!
Go there!
No, stay here!
STHAP
GO
THIS ONE
THAT ONE.
None at all.

You may say this happened with general but it seemed so much different.
And you can't speak out over the map anymore asking, "Is there any specific roleplay out there?"

It's so lonely too. Harder to make friends, because everyone's obsessed with finding something to do now. You can't goof off in general anymore because it's not there.
If you didn't like it, hey, there's an idea, turn it off! Don't remove it from the game itself.

And the removal of general was NOT a good idea. I don't care if some people like the change, some people came on just for general. Feralheart is ALSO a roleplay based game. HOW are we supposed to get new members without the chat that attracted them most?!

Movies?! That's such a horrible tool. You can't even title your movie! The person has to sit there clicking through video spam forever before finding any rp that looks good.

FH is like a ghost town now. The people who hated it left, and I'm among the last few. That's why you're getting good reviews now.

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 16, 2013, 09:26:03 pm »
Geez....so much talking about members leaving. Really in all truth not many members have left Feral Heart. Now - indeed as the double server crashes and what not have come about members have lost track of when the game is actually working so they don't know when to get online; but if you stay on the forums basically all day like I do you will notice the numbers rising and falling as time passing. When I first joined feral heart about 2 yours ago there were somewhere in the 1,000 of members; though the recent crashes have caused some members to stop playing as much; though on days when the server isn't crashing as much over 900 members are online. It doesn't matter if General is gone or not; most of the members still get online when they know the game is working at least some what decent. Where is everyone's proof that members have left? Have you actually had friends say that they are giving up on FH because the chat was removed and then they deleted their account of actually stopped getting online? Now if you did then okay; very well - I am not saying that people have left. But there are still 1,000+ members within the Feral Heart community....

Whether they get online everyday or only a few days of the week...they are still there...

~Gircutie

Offline Xanael

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 16, 2013, 09:52:11 pm »
There were about 50+ people in my roleplay, in my clan alone.

Most of them had a rampage and we still get mad over the loss of general.

About 40 people rarely even bother with FH anymore. They even say so on our website. People have ragequitted, made threads about their anger on our site, AND in total, about 40 people have stopped bothering with FH from my group.

10 people complain.

Oh the roleplay... it used to be so bustling and fun. Now it's about as loud as death and there's NO real way we can revive it.

So, I just have to thank you for ruining the best roleplay I've been in. They're complaints were that it was never even asked, or polled. It just happened. Heck, one of the LEADERS left because he was so angry with the game. Riverclan was x'd out completely.

So, yeah. It's freaking obvious that I hate what this change is doing. Not giving us a good way to revive. Not giving people a good way to find an rp. Movie spam, lags.

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 16, 2013, 10:02:10 pm »
Everyone is getting so mad over nothing though. Honestly? They never said that they weren't going to return the chat. Revival? I know an entire mapped RP that has done great in getting new members even without general. The Land of Narayan; and RP that includes The Death Children, Blood Speakers, TheAnnons, soon another wolf pack - and if the map creator decides to bring them back: The White Knight Pride and the Blood Bandit Pride. The things is: Is that people give up on advertising in local to often. Not to mention most people don't bother trying to advertise here on the forum in the advertising board.

As far as I am concerned: It is pointless to continue this on and on when there are more important things that need to be attended to.

Think about it? The revival of General is a trivial matter when it is put next to the fact that the FH servers and hard drives are crashing. In my account/opinion it is way more important to focus on fixing the hard drives and the server crashed then it is on to revive General.

~Gircutie

Offline ShelbyRB

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I can smell your peanut butter lies!!!!!.....
    • View Profile
    • IceCub's deviantArt
« Reply #507 on: July 16, 2013, 10:11:07 pm »
Geez....so much talking about members leaving. Really in all truth not many members have left Feral Heart. Now - indeed as the double server crashes and what not have come about members have lost track of when the game is actually working so they don't know when to get online; but if you stay on the forums basically all day like I do you will notice the numbers rising and falling as time passing. When I first joined feral heart about 2 yours ago there were somewhere in the 1,000 of members; though the recent crashes have caused some members to stop playing as much; though on days when the server isn't crashing as much over 900 members are online. It doesn't matter if General is gone or not; most of the members still get online when they know the game is working at least some what decent. Where is everyone's proof that members have left? Have you actually had friends say that they are giving up on FH because the chat was removed and then they deleted their account of actually stopped getting online? Now if you did then okay; very well - I am not saying that people have left. But there are still 1,000+ members within the Feral Heart community....

Whether they get online everyday or only a few days of the week...they are still there...

~Gircutie

Yeah that's what I've been looking at also the number of players online...then again I could just be online at odd times XD.
But I agree with your other post, there are still plenty of groups that are thriving even with the change. A lot of RPs gather members through the forums, as well as other sites like deviantart :3

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 16, 2013, 10:33:05 pm »
Also; if you don't have a few friends in your group - then it will be much harder for the group to strive. That is something I have learned; if you are having troubles with advertising invite some of your friends to your group...

IDK - its just a little troubling that everyone is getting so mad about General being removed when there are many other ways to get more members. Not to mention the fact that when compared to the fact that the servers and hard drives are crashing; the revival of General chat is a trivial matter that should be dealt with once the game hard drives and what not are working and running correctly again.

~Gircutie

Offline LunaWolfe

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Lederp
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 17, 2013, 07:20:56 am »
As far as I am concerned: It is pointless to continue this on and on when there are more important things that need to be attended to.
~Gircutie

I hate to barge in after reading this, but I feel a need to point out that others may find this thread a place of relief and release. Many have come to let out their anger, express their opinions of this 'update', and others have come to express their joy and pleasure. I can assure you, to these people, this thread is not pointless. ^^

Keeping this thread open isn't stopping anyone from working on the crashes and other issues, no? It is merely a single thread among the whole of the forum. No mind needs to be paid to it to try and fix these recent problems.

I apologize if any of this response seems rude, as I didn't mean for it to be.

~ Canis

Click it, we know you want to~ <3