Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165238 times)

Offline FootPepsi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #510 on: July 17, 2013, 11:28:13 am »
No. Just NO.
This is HORRIBLE. Going into Fluorite, looking for a RP, and just... silence. And movie chat. How the heck does this even WORK?
I LOVED chatting with everyone about random stuff in General, and this update RUINED the game for me! I don't want to have to wander around trying to find someone to RP with!
WHY would you do this? Just why?! General was my existence, and you could get into good roleplays just by stalking General. It's possible to turn it off, so why would you remove it? How could you do this?!

Status- don-t you just hate it when the other roleplayers leave you pages behind, not letting you react?

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 17, 2013, 02:59:03 pm »
people, let the general rest finally, it's not good to bother dead, haven't you heared of it? also I think all the chatting it had, has moved in here

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 17, 2013, 03:46:14 pm »
I'm not speaking for others Canis..im just saying; thats how I feel about it. Silver does make a good point though. Bothering the dead gives bad luck @_@

Offline Arpana

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #513 on: July 17, 2013, 07:32:49 pm »
As far as I am concerned: It is pointless to continue this on and on when there are more important things that need to be attended to.
~Gircutie

I hate to barge in after reading this, but I feel a need to point out that others may find this thread a place of relief and release. Many have come to let out their anger, express their opinions of this 'update', and others have come to express their joy and pleasure. I can assure you, to these people, this thread is not pointless. ^^

Keeping this thread open isn't stopping anyone from working on the crashes and other issues, no? It is merely a single thread among the whole of the forum. No mind needs to be paid to it to try and fix these recent problems.

I apologize if any of this response seems rude, as I didn't mean for it to be.

~ Canis

Well spoken. This is a release for some people who need it. They'd expend their energy using other sources if they didn't have this resource.
As for General, I never really did care for it. However, I do agree that it is important to role-playing groups. You're going to have to adapt readily by inviting friends and encouraging others to speak up about your group.
I don't have much to say.
...I'll leave now.

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 18, 2013, 01:44:31 am »
No offense to anyone here, but I see Midnightkitten's point of view personally, it feels awful to see an rp you loved just die out, and sometimes people need to vent out. And I am not without hope, I am one of those niave people who believes that general will return in the future (FREE DOWNVOTES FOR FUTURE POSTERS :P). I guess some rp's are lucky enough and unique to survive and flourish with members, but some get lost behind, like in nature; after a change in the environment some species survive, but others might become extinct. (End of nerdy comparisons :p). I really am sorry that that happened to your rp though, I hope you get some members to return and/or join.
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 18, 2013, 02:27:10 am »
people, let the general rest finally, it's not good to bother dead, haven't you heared of it? also I think all the chatting it had, has moved in here

I'm sorry, what? Why are users being penalized for speaking out their opinion? If these users want to say something, they can and they should not be told to 'stop bothering the dead'. If opinions weren't wanted on this whatsoever, the thread would have been locked before any comments were even made on it. I personally don't mind the removal of general, but it does really annoy me that so many people are penalizing those who are simply speaking their opinion.
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 18, 2013, 04:30:57 am »
I understand your point of view, F a t a l; but just as you are annoyed by people being penalized; other people are getting annoyed by others not agreeing with them and then posting some over blown post and raging over their opinion... It's not that we don't want the opinions to continue - its that everyone is repeating themselves and some people are raging and going off just because of a few simple opinions that other people give...I am pretty sure that everyone understands how each other feel; but isn't it time we let it go and wait to see what the staff decide to do?

Offline Spartacus

• Curious Wanderer
  • A proud Leo
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 18, 2013, 05:14:04 am »
I think this is a sudden, yet experimental choice. I think i'd be great if we'd be more interactive with other players instead of sitting on our butts. ;D

This Is Sparta...

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 18, 2013, 06:08:13 am »

I'm sorry, what? Why are users being penalized for speaking out their opinion? If these users want to say something, they can and they should not be told to 'stop bothering the dead'. If opinions weren't wanted on this whatsoever, the thread would have been locked before any comments were even made on it. I personally don't mind the removal of general, but it does really annoy me that so many people are penalizing those who are simply speaking their opinion.

sooowy, for me this is just one, big, crying thread. And I don't say "go away now kids!" I mean that this is so damn funny. And since you have "rights" to post your opinion here, I also have. 53 pages? really? I don't say that you can't and stuff but just lol. people don't cry real dead for so long

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 18, 2013, 06:43:30 am »
sooowy, for me this is just one, big, crying thread. And I don't say "go away now kids!" I mean that this is so damn funny. And since you have "rights" to post your opinion here, I also have. 53 pages? really? I don't say that you can't and stuff but just lol. people don't cry real dead for so long

I had to butt in here and just say that just really sounded arrogant. Actually, I can't tell if you're trolling or being serious. Gircutie's response to F a t a l had been a much better one and more mature, and actually made a point.

Don't mistake this as taking sides, I would rather have general back but I'm also getting annoyed with the rage and drama going on just to get a chat back. But next time when you want to make a point, how about not trying to degrade others, hm? It doesn't make you any better than those "crybabies". Actually, you're doing the same thing now.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...