Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165452 times)

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #520 on: July 18, 2013, 07:10:50 am »
 "It doesn't make you any better than those "crybabies". "

of course it doesn't make me better, it actually makes me sound like a twilight hater who talks about that movie more than fans do:3 but, don't you think that conversations like this (if you even call it a conversation) makes forum more interesting? People are not the same, not all of them gonna be mature or too nice. And I also think that people are really paranoid about trollz, since they think that everything that sounds rude or simply silly is trolling. Anyway, I just replied to this post and wrote what  though about it. I got reply and answered to it as I should have and tbh, I think you're also the one who helps the drama to start, but it's ok you know:D

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 18, 2013, 07:27:06 am »
Maybe for you it'd make things interesting, but for me I just get annoyed when someone doesn't take other's own thoughts and feelings into consideration, at least when it sounds that way (note: I'm not accusing you of doing that), but this is my own opinion as you have yours. Whether or not this actually starts drama (which it really shouldn't but I wouldn't be surprised) is how people take it and respond themselves, just like how this thread was started and people who agree to it are fighting those who are against it and vice versa. My intentions were to defend F a t a l's post and get a point across so prevent similar posts from being made like a few in the past, it's not a matter of opinion I care about but there is a difference between stating an opinion and being rude.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 18, 2013, 07:41:35 am »
"Maybe for you it'd make things interesting"

you did, and he/she also did :D but I have no wish to annoy you so I think I'll just leave. But when you reply to a comment, you should be ready for rude responce, (ecpecially when you're also not being nice at all) even though I didn't find my reply really that bad... oh, nevermind.

Offline Woofley

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 18, 2013, 09:18:48 am »
Okay.. I know this thread has gone on for super long, but that's no reason to start getting annoyed at people for posting. The staff wanted to see how the removal of gen affected the community in the long run, no? So, wouldn't they want feedback from this thread even now?

I want to bring up a few more points.. to those who are saying we can just advertise on this forum, well, it ain't that easy for people who live in different timezones. As an aussie, if I posted an advert on the site, I'd either get no-one or people who have much different timezones and we wouldn't end up being able to get on to actually role-play.

And to those saying that "oh oh, I know a role-play that's doing even better with this change" That's only SOME of the role-plays. The ones who started with the most members. It takes REALLY long to get any members now, and some people don't have that kind of time!
So please, just consider giving gen back or working out some sort of compromise. This is really getting bad now, I'm probably going to leave altogether if things don't start picking up... I don't care about your stories of success with rps (especially with staff, since some people would be crawling over eachother to join your rps), because from what I've seen (going off what I have personally seen so I might be wrong) role-plays have been doing much much worse, and they're very inconvenient and time-consuming to find. Before gen was removed, we'd usually have enough members to rp with by an hour (or less), and that's enough time as it is! But now? 3 hours straight, two members! Just two! and one of them was from the rival pack, because it had already died. I myself would rather play another game than pop movies out every minutes for THREE WHOLE HOURS!

And yeah, I agree with midnightkitten.. it's turned into a kind of mini-war between advertisers. Really bad.

Again, this is just my opinion, don't eat me >.<
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:20:43 am by Woofley »

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 18, 2013, 02:20:40 pm »
@Woofley, I could not have said it better myself, floof for you ^_^
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: July 18, 2013, 04:05:56 pm »
I understand your point of view, F a t a l; but just as you are annoyed by people being penalized; other people are getting annoyed by others not agreeing with them and then posting some over blown post and raging over their opinion... It's not that we don't want the opinions to continue - its that everyone is repeating themselves and some people are raging and going off just because of a few simple opinions that other people give...I am pretty sure that everyone understands how each other feel; but isn't it time we let it go and wait to see what the staff decide to do?

I appreciate you being respectful in your response, and I do understand your point of view, also~ c:

But when you reply to a comment, you should be ready for rude responce, (ecpecially when you're also not being nice at all) even though I didn't find my reply really that bad... oh, nevermind.

No. When someone replies to a comment they should not expect a rude response, and they don't deserve to receive one.
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.

Offline wolf137

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 18, 2013, 07:44:25 pm »
I'd just like to say something really quick. Nothing hurtful or offensive towards anyone. Taking away General chat, is like taking away a big part of the game. It's been around since the start of FeralHeart, and I know many are wanting General Chat to remain for as long as the game lasts. Plus, it's making things a bit harder for RPers to advertise for the packs, clans, etc. Yes, Stone Bridge and movie clips are indeed a way to advertise, but it's a bt more difficult. Movie clips only give you so much space to include good details of your group-  And yes, Stone Bridge is a bit easier. But still, as I said earlier, taking away something that's been around for a long time, is like taking away a huge part of it.

Anyways, thanks for letting us know, and I'm totally fine with it. c: Just wanted to point out a few things.
Roleplay, is a work of art. - Me.

Name in-game: Atesh
User: wolf137

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 18, 2013, 09:40:17 pm »
sooowy, for me this is just one, big, crying thread. And I don't say "go away now kids!" I mean that this is so damn funny. And since you have "rights" to post your opinion here, I also have. 53 pages? really? I don't say that you can't and stuff but just lol. people don't cry real dead for so long
That's not true. I have family members who are still highly, highly sensitive to the loss of a family member that died in 2008. And there are some family friends who died in a car accident that my father gets emotional over since they were like extended family. I managed to buck up and move on after their deaths but...not everyone did.

Since you're comparing a game mechanic to a live, human being, which makes very little sense when you think about it even though it kinda fits with how people view it, you really have to think about the fact that people do react differently to things, no matter how pointless the subject may seem to you or others.

Like with my family members who really miss my grandma and still tear up every "death anniversary", there are people who really loved general and of course were attached to it because it gave them what they wanted: decent conversation, easy role-play finds, conversations to read to pass the time. A bunch of other things. Now that it's gone it's like a big chunk of their life is empty, because they can no longer do those things, or they can, but with the lack of General it just isn't the same, and not everyone can get over it that way. Not everyone can "adapt"; we aren't all programmed to find the exit to a maze once it's moved. Some people will undoubtedly become lost.

Now, for those that weren't all that interested in General or didn't really use it, it's a lot like people who didn't have as close or as meaningful a relationship with my grandmother, like me or a couple of my younger cousins. We didn't spend a lot of time visiting grandma, or talking to her, or her presence just didn't really have that big of an impact on our lives when she was around, so when she was gone it was obvious that something wasn't there, but it wasn't enough to deter us from continuing what we were doing. Users that didn't use general therefore could care less if it's gone because 'hey! they never cared about it to begin with!

If you're going to use things from real life as an example for your argument, you have to take in the human factor and acknowledge that all people are different, and they react to things differently. Sometimes based off of association or emotional attachment.

But honestly, is it really that much of a nuisance for people to be posting here, regardless of why they are? It's just a thread, and there are hundreds of other threads in here that people either find stupid, or pointless, or ignore them out of a lack of interest. What makes it so hard to ignore this one compared to all the others?

Nothing is going to change anything regardless if people post here or not at this point in time, so telling people "not to post" is irrelevant. If you're going to use "getting over a dead person" then you should at least acknowledge that people in mourning can often take years to get over that person's death.

Those that had general chat revolve around their entire FH existence can take just as much time to get over and accept that it's gone. If posting here will help them get a step closer to that...then why deny them of it?

Offline Murrphilia

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • Murrocity
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 18, 2013, 11:15:21 pm »
Well put my fellow flood..Thats all I really have to say I suppose.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 19, 2013, 07:14:17 pm »
Okay... I honestly think this 'battle' has gone on long enough. This 'General chat' has been gone for over a month now, and as you can see, many people are unhappy. 50 pages worth of unhappiness, raging, and all of that. People have left, roleplays are dying, and so on. I know one popular Warriors roleplay, The Wonderful Beginning, is dying as well, because no one can really recruit. Kitestar has given up, Cloudstar has as well. Only one warrior ever bothers to help try to recruit anymore, and when he's lucky, he only gets about one or two members.
 We have all seen the impact the removal of General has put on the community, right? I believe that this test should be ended, as it has had a negative impact, not a positive one. Please, moderators... I would like you to consider bringing General chat back to this game, and then everyone may final;ly be at ease. ~Vio
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link