Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165464 times)

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #530 on: July 19, 2013, 09:53:00 pm »
*Claps at TheFourLink's post* I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why it's still gone, or why some kind of compromise hasn't been worked out. I know, I know, the whole community hasn't showed their distaste, but many people on this chat have been expressing negativity. If it was only supposed to be a test, I think the best option would just be...bringing it back. I know quite a few of my friends who have left role plays to go to IT servers all because of this. It's just getting silly now! The times I've been in the plains, I've seen people recruiting with movies, and I was watching them for quite some time. After about thirty minutes, a mapped, literate role play had received zero new members, and probably if they had general, they would have had at least two or three by then! It's just sad. Although some people may be alright with it, others had a ton of fun on general, and would only come on FH just to talk on general. I would remember that there would even basically be "general celebrities", like Walmart for example, that would just come on and talk on general chat. The movies are just annoying...just clogging up any local chat that you're trying to have with tons of yellow print flashing by. It just makes finding a role play much more difficult, and advertising even more so. If it's had such a negative effect, I think it's fine time to bring it back or at least give some kind of advertising chat or...something please. I just do not understand the hold up now :c

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2013, 11:08:27 pm »
Yes... I am just really getting tired of:
1. People bashing the mods.
2. Fighting.
3. Yelling at eachother, saying not to post, etc.
4. Just the overall fight over this.

Really, it's been a month, and I feel this battle should end. I am honestly NOT taking sides, as really, I could care less about General. I just want this battle to end, and end this unnecessary drama.
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2013, 11:21:27 pm »
May I just say something really quick? For a while (a month) Ive been watching this thread and like Vio I am getting tired of all this fighting. Im just trying to say that the mods need to make something official. They need to say either they will bring general back or keep it the way it is. To me, it seems like we will not get general back because like Vio said. It has been a month. So what I want is simple, I want an answer. Will general be seen again? Or never...

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 19, 2013, 11:27:20 pm »
I don't see fights about General; but I know that people are yelling at the poor moderators to put General.......... In my opinion, if they continue this, I think it will be never back. NEVER. I think.
And this thread is in the 54th (!) page? That's impressive.

And quitting FeralHeart just because of a annoying - for me - chat being removed?!?
That makes me cry just a bit.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:32:43 pm by Kijiako »

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 20, 2013, 02:52:59 am »
Thing is that General was really special for some people.

If something drastic happened to something you really, really cared about, something that pretty much was a part of the reason you loved it...would the want to be around it really be there anymore? Now that that highlight is gone.

It's the same as any game. Some people go for the game itself, others gravitate to it for features, or even the plotline, depending. Even the art style of the game and aesthetics can be the deciding factor of a person getting it. It's in their own preferences and if something that falls into that pool is removed...well they have every right to not play it.

It's not really harming anyone else here; just the member count, and perhaps showing how may people are really upset about the whole thing for whatever reason.

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 20, 2013, 11:22:30 pm »
I am witness of The Wonderful Beginning rp dying out, I'm in the rp and recently only about 3 people are online in a clan at a time, it's just sad to see a rp that once had so much chatter and posts that you had to expand the chatbar become to where its about 1 post per 5 minutes.
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline WildWolf#1

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • pottymouth posse
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 21, 2013, 10:11:18 pm »
The problem with advertising with Movies is you only get a limited amount of space to type. I've found it a bit of a problem that the writing keeps getting cut of, so this will lead to more crashing, and more movie spam than ever. I can't go to Fluorite anymore from all the crashing and spams.

spirit, who could not be broken

Offline Padgze

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 22, 2013, 03:57:45 pm »
FeralHeart's intention was to "encorage adventure and RolePlay!"

You have all probably noticed that role-playing is dying out, being oppressed, because General chat is dead. (Very arduous to find role-players that are interested now.)

Then again, when General chat was alive, most role-plays were absolutely terrible. I couldn't stand the stench of uncreative ideas and dramatic OOC terms that ruined the genre and the spirit.

General chat - dead = arguing, rage, little kids crying behind their screen.

General chat - alive = same thing, just more annoying in-game.

Who is to blame?

Edit: 55th page. lel
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:00:21 pm by Padgze »

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #538 on: July 22, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »
General chat - dead = arguing, rage, little kids crying behind their screen.

General chat - alive = same thing, just more annoying in-game.

^^ This guy is a genius xD

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #539 on: July 22, 2013, 06:28:42 pm »
Since you're comparing a game mechanic to a live, human being, which makes very little sense when you think about it even though it kinda fits with how people view it, you really have to think about the fact that people do react differently to things, no matter how pointless the subject may seem to you or others.

i have to agree with shusuke on that one. When i get back on the game, i go on general and then when i start typing, i rememeber... it's dead. I do kind of miss all the fun i had on general. I even met my first mate on it. So it's kinda hard to see it go. And what about the newbies who won't get to see what general was?

Also this morning i went in-game and i found this person called "General R.I.P" and there were about 30-40 people gathered round. I was like awww that's so sad to see people like this. And what touched me was that they even made a scene where they say goodbye and bury general :( and place flowers on general's grave. Some of you think that this is so stupid. But when i saw it, i realized how much people miss it. And yeah maybe there has been spamming, arguing, falling out, but there's also good points. Like making new friends, joining Role plays etc.

I even saw a green wolf who was supposed to be a statue which was a tribute to General chat. I thought that was quite cute.

I understand why people don't want general to go. And i support it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:39:35 pm by ~CrystalWolfTear~ »
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads