Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165280 times)

Offline ShelbyRB

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I can smell your peanut butter lies!!!!!.....
    • View Profile
    • IceCub's deviantArt
Re: RIP General
« Reply #540 on: July 23, 2013, 01:21:37 am »
I know a lot of people loved general for chatting with each other, and it also made advertising easier. But what if everyone devoted a public map to each and used local. Like some of the lesser used maps such as Atlantis, Temple of Dreams, Ascension Land, Last Cave (not even gonna mention Sky's Rim XD ) I know they aren't as big as Fluorite, but hey its worth a shot. And even with players who just want to chat, we could even have a person open a group just for chat and have everyone join it.

Not trying to bash anyone's opinions or anything...just trying to offer some feedback that could help until things get straightened out :3

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #541 on: July 23, 2013, 10:57:06 am »
It's really hard to talk to someone at the other end of the map. Especially if your in fluorite plains, Atlantis, South pole or Last cave. You could try whispering and/or try adding people to your group to talk however some will reject you straight away and might turn out rude and not very friendly. General chat helped us recognize those people. Those who chatted nicely with others, and those who were on the game just for spam.

I started talking to this person yesterday and he started spamming me with rude words. In my opinion General chat shouldn't be dead because of rude people. People who spam or are rude should be blocked and reported.

I heard some people talking in bonfire about General chat and how they still had hope that it would return. They said they won't give up because general chat made them happy.

In my opinion General chat should still be alive.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 23, 2013, 03:00:32 pm »
^ Oh my gosh, yes, took the words out of my fingers (Typing, get it xP)
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #543 on: July 24, 2013, 09:06:30 am »
Hahah yeah i get it. Nice one ;) xP

Offline GreatName

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • Terra deorum
« Reply #544 on: July 24, 2013, 09:45:26 am »
I think there should be an advertising chat for people who want to advertise roleplays, which like was said earlier is turned off when you load your game but you can tick the box if you are looking for a roleplay.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #545 on: July 24, 2013, 09:55:37 am »
That was mentioned earlier yes but some of us just prefer the General chat back. I see your thinking but that of course could be used for 'bad purposes'. oh well i guess new updates will come soon.

Offline StarWarsWolf7

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 24, 2013, 09:24:28 pm »
Okay I'm back once again, and this time here to voice my distaste for the matter. I recently tried to start up my role play, and advertise in the plains using the movie method. Well, that method in my opinion does not work well at all. My admin and I were sending out movie clips over and over for a solid forty five minutes before a single person became interested, and that is not an exaggeration. There are also so many movie clips playing all at once, and some are just for spam purposes as well, so I could see some people around me saying "-turns off movies-". If people become annoyed with movies and shut them off, how in the world are you supposed to grab their interest? General could get annoying as well when it came to spam, but it was much, much, MUCH more useful for advertising. You could actually fit everything in about your role play that you wanted to say. My members can't even fit everything about our role play in a single movie box. I just wish something would be done as a compromise, because this is getting rather ridiculous. Movies are being spammed now, and advertising is extremely difficult.

Also, I know someone is probably going to reply to me and say that I could always use the forums to advertise. Sure that's great, but it becomes difficult to actually run into to that person online in-game, as opposed to when you advertise in-game and have all your new players online at once.

I don't know why we have been left hanging so long without a single update, as this has been going for more than a month, and things seem to be going downhill.  That is all I have to say :I

Smiling.Sin

« Reply #547 on: July 24, 2013, 10:09:33 pm »
Okay I'm back once again, and this time here to voice my distaste for the matter. I recently tried to start up my role play, and advertise in the plains using the movie method. Well, that method in my opinion does not work well at all. My admin and I were sending out movie clips over and over for a solid forty five minutes before a single person became interested, and that is not an exaggeration. There are also so many movie clips playing all at once, and some are just for spam purposes as well, so I could see some people around me saying "-turns off movies-". If people become annoyed with movies and shut them off, how in the world are you supposed to grab their interest? General could get annoying as well when it came to spam, but it was much, much, MUCH more useful for advertising. You could actually fit everything in about your role play that you wanted to say. My members can't even fit everything about our role play in a single movie box. I just wish something would be done as a compromise, because this is getting rather ridiculous. Movies are being spammed now, and advertising is extremely difficult.

Also, I know someone is probably going to reply to me and say that I could always use the forums to advertise. Sure that's great, but it becomes difficult to actually run into to that person online in-game, as opposed to when you advertise in-game and have all your new players online at once.

I don't know why we have been left hanging so long without a single update, as this has been going for more than a month, and things seem to be going downhill.  That is all I have to say :I

You've said exactly what I wanted to say. People spam movies, and a large bit of movies are about nothing, just someone being a troll. Though I've given up on the thought of General coming back, it's what FeralHeart needs to survive, in my opinion.

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #548 on: July 25, 2013, 09:17:29 am »
Yes i agree, this is getting ridiculous with all these movies spam. And some people don't even want to bother opening them up to see what those movies say. So i'm disappointed. I wish there was an update or General was back.

And yes i agree with Smiling.sin. General is what Feral Heart needs to survive.

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 27, 2013, 09:29:09 pm »
And in other news, The Wonderful Beginning roleplay shut down, though they never said reasons even when I asked, shortly before this the rp was inactive, and I -THINK- (Just my assumption) that this might have at least a little part in that. I wish general would come back, I miss it, and at this point, I believe just needs to come back, the 'dust' has settled, and it seems rather clear it should be returning to public maps.
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp