Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165507 times)

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #570 on: August 03, 2013, 09:54:34 pm »
How long has this been going on? This just frustrates me. I'm sorry if I am being rude, but guys, grow up.

It's just a chat. People need to calm down. It's just the public maps too, seriously.

All people say is "oh, feralheart's over. general chat is dead so it has no use anymore." This is really annoying.
I honestly didn't want to read replies to this thread either. Everything's gone too far all for a dumb little chat.

It was a lot of people's fault. Maybe it should come back though since everything has gone WAYY too far now.

Movie spam.
More inappropriate behavior.
And this annoying-ness just goes on and on!

I can't believe people are blind to see what General had bad advantages to. Then again it had some good stuff, but you can just make a movie clip to ask if anyone wants to talk a bit perhaps in party?
Oh, wait, movie clips are too spammed up. Abused.

I'm honestly on no one's side. But are we really going to bash on the staff for just a little chat?
It's really irritating. Because of such behavior sometimes it causes people to leave. Not because of general, but because of this behavior.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm probably never coming back to this thread.

This whole thing gets on my nerves a lot. You all have got to be kidding me.
I apologize for my harshness, but Crystal, are you really here to annoy the staff like that? Try harder?
I can't  believe what I just read.

What's happening here? For the last time it's only a CHAT. One chat. What would happen if they got rid of Local too? Or Group?
At least it didn't come to worse. Then people chose to make it worse.

Honestly. This is just my opinion. But seriously guys, this is just.. wow. Staff only wanted to stop issues in the General chat, and now we bash on them like this.
Or flame. Whatever the word is.. I am really annoyed at this.

I am sorry. I am done. I might check this topic again one more time but that's it. I'm sorry.

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 03, 2013, 10:13:36 pm »
Alright, I'm not going to say much because it will probably end in a rage, but I do not think that it is right to ignore this thread, not right at all. (In my opinion of course, but really, not cool guys :C )
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp

Dire Night Wolf

« Reply #572 on: August 03, 2013, 11:34:36 pm »
You know what, this is probably my last reply here. Counter this, pick it apart piece by piece, reverse it's meaning, I couldn't care less what you interpret from it or what you do to it, but it's ridiculous that people bash the staff for something like this... just really. If anything, bash the trolls, as it is because of them that the chat went down.

***Why did people seem to be rather reluctant to report trolls if they flamed/started fights/trolled/used foul language in the chat? Everyone said "Oh, if you don't like them, block them" or "Ignore them".

If everyone reported trolls instead of simply ignoring them, then the staff wouldn't have to sit in FH all day long trying to pick out all the trolls and stalk the chat like hawks. All it would have taken was a screenshot and a PM to the staff from normal, everyday users, who are exposed to this and who care about making this game a troll/swear-free game.

Instead of reporting, people simply said "There's too many trolls on general" So the staff does what they can to try to remedy this situation and what do you know? They're being called irresponsible, lazy dictators, when most people were too lazy to press the PRT SCR button and PM the staff.

***When I used to be online, we would rarely have swear words or trolls in the chat, but when we did, there would be a person either threatening a report or saying "Watch the language" then, there would be a flurry of replies such as:
"It was only one word, it's not going to kill ya, chill"
"Don't pretend you never swore"
"Calm it dude, it was only a word"
"Ignore it if you don't like it"
"Turn off the chat"
"Block the person"
"This game is for 13 year olds, we all know how to swear, children shouldn't be playing this game"
Etc, etc...

Let's quote from here "It was only one word, it's not going to kill ya [...]" No, it's not going to kill "ya", but it "killed" the chat.

Hugrf -> I agree with you 100%... I was going to post a similar reply, but you beat me to it and summed up pretty much everything on my mind.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:51:23 am by Thanatos||Soul-Eater »

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #573 on: August 04, 2013, 01:47:06 pm »
It's the trolls fault not the staff. The staff did try to help improve our game. And i will keep checking back on this thread. To back floofs up, or just to hear the goss. But never mind, i don't think general will come back, no matter how much we try. Mods don't even glance at this anymore.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 04, 2013, 04:15:45 pm »
It's the trolls fault not the staff. The staff did try to help improve our game. And i will keep checking back on this thread. To back floofs up, or just to hear the goss. But never mind, i don't think general will come back, no matter how much we try. Mods don't even glance at this anymore.
I don't know where you guys are getting this idea, but as for myself I've been watching this thread for quite a while. In fact, I check it daily. Sometimes more, but it depends. It's been about two or three pages now that you guys have been saying, "Oh, mods don't even look here anymore!"
Along with the older, more common ones.
"They aren't gonna give General back."
"They're just letting us rage in here, let's give up."
"Let's try harder to make them see that we're upset!"
"They're mean!"
"No, stop being mean to the staff!"
And any number of conflicting posts, agreeing posts, but overall saying many of the same things repeatedly.

However, all of the things I listed above have also been answered, but I'm here to answer the one regarding staff never even looking into this thread anymore.
Which, simply isn't true.
Like in-game, just because you don't see us speak doesn't mean we aren't aware of what's going on, or that we aren't keeping an eye out for you guys.

Now, as for our decision regarding General, it does stand until further notice. However, it's only been a little over a month and a half since it was first taken down, and some users are still either in a tizzy over it, or are still figuring out how to adapt to the change. In the larger perspective, 3 years of the game being online with Gen versus a month and a half without is only a fractional amount of time, and not much to make a decision like this.
After all, it was a big decision to remove General, and it will take solid reasoning, time, and patience to even begin to turn the decision back.

We only ask that you continue to have patience. Our decision about our judgment period still stands, and we aren't going to leave you hanging when we do come to a final decision. But it's not that time just yet.

So while you wait, we ask that you don't feel bitter about this decision. I mean, you can live in-game like you've been put through some horrible oppression from some uncaring, unseen force, or you can recognize its true purpose was meant to be for the best, in the end. Just as well, you can join so many others and put General on the backburner, recall the good times made in the past for now, and continue playing, making friends, roleplaying, and enjoying yourself like so many still do.

You'll make of this what you will, but there's something more noble in having the patience and ability to swallow any angry emotions (the staff has had to do this a lot through the staff-bashing in this thread, too, no?), to replace it with understanding and continue to adapt and move forward as we always have.
And, just remember that we haven't forgotten you guys, and don't ever plan to.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 04, 2013, 05:36:19 pm »
What white said.

xoxo

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 04, 2013, 11:27:21 pm »
I kind of had a good reason for stating that the mods don't look here anymore, as I heard it from Red himself. I told him to check it one day in game, but his reply was, "Oh.. I don't really bother to look there anymore. Too much flames." Or something like that. But it was basically telling me that he doesn't look. That is why I said that.

And also, when I said that, I did NOT intend for it to bring up more flaming. I would understand 100% why the mods wouldn't want to check here, because... who would want to continuously be flamed, and have to read all of those cruel comments? I understand why Red wouldn't want to look.

People calling the mods 'immature'... stop it. How would YOU like to have to read a million insults, and flaming?
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 05, 2013, 01:41:38 am »
Hugrf, Thanatos, and White. Oh my god, I do not know how much I agree with you. <3

I mean, you took much of the words out of my mouth. Sure, I don't like the change, but we just have to wait until an answer is made. People need to stop whining like children and get a hold of themselves. General's bye-bye ain't official. c; I said that like thousands of times.

(Although, I think it's an 80% chance that general will be officially gone. Disappointing changes imo are always put official. :x)

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #578 on: August 05, 2013, 12:39:53 pm »
Oh, phew i thought mods didn't even look at this but here i am finding out they do.
I knew that the decision hasn't dropped yet.

I agree TheFourLinks. So much flaming and arguing. It's true. floofs are upset to see Gen gone but like White said, it's only been a month and a half. And some are taking it out on the mods. Like i said in m y last post (which is somewhere in the other pages) Staff tried to help improve our game not destroy the community. So relax floofs. There's good in every bad.

In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Prinprinkley

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 06, 2013, 04:38:35 pm »
I was only concerned if they weren't checking, and I guess I understand not wanting to see the flaming, but I still think it matters to hear opinions. Anyhow, now that that's cleared up I'm just waiting to see whether it returns or not, I'm still hoping so of course though :)
~Root

Download so you can see my character in game: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy8ya5erz7oaujl/Prinprinkley_9.fhp