Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165454 times)

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Re: RIP General
« Reply #580 on: August 06, 2013, 05:19:26 pm »
Yeah alot of flaming. But from now on im stalking this thread to see if the decision drops.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 06, 2013, 05:21:00 pm »
I actually came to the point in stalking this thread too. ;D

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #582 on: August 06, 2013, 05:40:43 pm »
Oh yay i'm not the only one :D

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #583 on: August 07, 2013, 12:23:18 am »
Okay, someWhere in these pages i posted my opinion on this, and i take nothing back on what i said, i have only to ADD to it, I Understand on WHY Gen was taken out, but now instead of at least 10 players joining my RP groups a day, i'm lucky to find 3 or 5. and SB is still as crowded as ever in local, so all i'm asking is this, Can We Find a Compromise or something that won't have ANOTHER 'Bring Back Genny' Protest there again? Now if I get in trouble for what i said in my other post i am sorry you don't seem to understand what i said but, I was Speaking my own mind, no need to get offended over nothing, I am only a player in a large game aren't I?

It's Not The End Of The World If Gen Is Gone Now Is It? Only A Hurtle We Must Get Over.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 12:25:40 am by Brenda Lee »

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 07, 2013, 10:04:20 am »
I've been stalking this thread and this is on for 2 months... In my opinion this should be locked.
Was General your life?
Why would a chat be your life?! If you people read the rules & understand why General was here, it wasn't removed. This is spammers & chatter's fause. You don't need to cry or the situation will be worst, makin' General never, but never come back.

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #585 on: August 07, 2013, 12:36:23 pm »
I've been stalking this thread and this is on for 2 months... In my opinion this should be locked.
Was General your life?
Why would a chat be your life?! If you people read the rules & understand why General was here, it wasn't removed. This is spammers & chatter's fause. You don't need to cry or the situation will be worst, makin' General never, but never come back.

I don't think they are going to lock it.. just yet. Although this has been going on for a while, they are still deciding. As white said.

Now, as for our decision regarding General, it does stand until further notice. However, it's only been a little over a month and a half since it was first taken down, and some users are still either in a tizzy over it, or are still figuring out how to adapt to the change. In the larger perspective, 3 years of the game being online with Gen versus a month and a half without is only a fractional amount of time, and not much to make a decision like this.
After all, it was a big decision to remove General, and it will take solid reasoning, time, and patience to even begin to turn the decision back.

So the decision hasn't dropped yet.

In the larger perspective, 3 years of the game being online with Gen versus a month and a half without is only a fractional amount of time, and not much to make a decision like this.

General is still in private maps so it may not be in public ones but it hasn't been removed completely.

not trying to get on anyone's bad side... just stating what my opinion is. Let's just all wait patiently... not the easiest thing to do.. but let's try floofs.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 07, 2013, 02:10:18 pm »
Fourlinks, please don't change around words for it to sound like something worse. I have enough bonkers on my case trying to put up a bad picture regarding things I said or done. I did say I didn't check up on this thread as often anymore, and I did say that there's simply too much bashing and flaming over this change, but I don't think I said what you actually wrote.

I myself along with many others have tried to explain our reasoning and explain that the change has more to it than what some are able to grasp, this just to end up in an endless loop of negatives of the change we are all so familiar with. I honestly do have many other things to look into around here than just this very thread, and even though I still spend a lot of time helping administrating FeralHeart I might not have the time or energy for the 12 hours a day I used to be able to shoot out sitting and arguing over a change we have the out most right to try out, and the conversation I had to engage either over messages or in the game has been in many times based on lack of information regarding the change or complete bashing, which I cannot take seriously.

We wouldn't hesitate to lock this thread if we had to, but we have said that if people wanted to discuss the change, here would be the place to do it, and we hope that people would appreciate being able to do such. I do appreciate that some people in this thread is trying to be civil instead and look further of why the change was made and look for answers, even ways to improve the current situation, this is what shines through in the end. I will say as I've said before, sitting here and pointing fingers and making it out to be staffs fault is really not going to speak for or explain why generals staying in the games official maps is the right choice. You really need to be able to have insight as the person you are to truly understand why general is currently disabled. There's many people in the game, and most of these has not been the ones to see and take care of complaints for both for and against generals existence, and you need to take a lot more things to account than just how general was fun to talk in, or how it helped with advertising.

People have made threats, they have dragged thing out of proportion, they have said it's the end of the game, they have said the quality of the game will go away, they have taken everything from heaven to earth to explain how they think how bad this change was, but in this also failed to actually list anything on how it will do so, it just will.. Every time someone comes up and ask a serious question though, we try to explain as well as possible what sort of reasoning there is and maybe why ones other reasoning might not hold up in the heart of the judging of the case it self.

I will quote what Whitelightheart wrote:
Now, as for our decision regarding General, it does stand until further notice. However, it's only been a little over a month and a half since it was first taken down, and some users are still either in a tizzy over it, or are still figuring out how to adapt to the change. In the larger perspective, 3 years of the game being online with Gen versus a month and a half without is only a fractional amount of time, and not much to make a decision like this.
After all, it was a big decision to remove General, and it will take solid reasoning, time, and patience to even begin to turn the decision back.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 07, 2013, 10:58:27 pm »
I apologize about that, Red... I was not trying to make it sound like that at all. I am sorry if it seemed like I was attempting to 'put up a bad picture of you'... I honestly wasn't, I was trying to tell people that the flaming should stop, because it makes you guys not really want to look at it any more... because who would wish to have to read all the flames about them? I was trying to defend you, not the other way around... I am sorry if it sounded that way, I honestly was not intending that. ~Vio
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline terrin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 08, 2013, 04:04:31 am »
From what Ive seen, I do not think this is a good idea, just being honest. Player count has dropped dramatically from what I recollect. Last time I was on FH, There was upwards of 700 people online at any given time, now theres around 200.
Not saying that cutting general out is the reason, but its something to think about.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 08, 2013, 08:54:52 am »
FH has always dropped from anything from 500-900 in americans afternoons to 50-250 during your early morning hours in the states. While around the European zone it's around midnight it's peaking, and during the morning 10 am ish where it's the least lively.

The online member count at this very moment of this message is stuck however I'm afraid, not sure when it will be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:34:24 am by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart