Author Topic: RIP General  (Read 165299 times)

Offline Warrior4ever

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Muffins. Oh yes... I went there.
    • View Profile
Re: RIP General
« Reply #620 on: August 17, 2013, 05:48:07 am »

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 62
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 17, 2013, 07:03:37 am »
Hey, hey guys. You seriously need to cool it. Look if you don't like this topic, Lock it.

Oh Kovu, we really need you now. NOW. This is not going well. I want this to end. What happened to a friendly community Huh?

EpicWolfie over and out to the howl...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:07:15 am by EpicWolfie »

Signature by LuCiiPeR via dA ;D

Please check out my deviantArt: http://swiftyswoo.deviantart.com/

Offline DrLecter

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • +_what do you see behind closed eyes_+
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 17, 2013, 07:18:51 am »
General chat was removed as an experiment and it has proven to work for the greater good of this game regardless of the few inconveniences it has caused.for some users. In time users will realize the benefits but while some continue to complain about what was in the past they will never see forward and work with something new and therefore progress will be slow.

I wasn't going to post on this topic again, but I have something to say.
People are not opposed to the change because they are choosing to be blind to the benefits. They are opposed because they truly believe that the cons of removing general chat outweigh the pros. I am still opposed to what happened. I gave the change a try. But so far, what I've experienced myself a roleplayer isn't very good feedback. Having to sort through tons of video clips that lag can be quite tedious, and going to advertising and recruiting hot spots like Stone Bridge cause lag and game freezing. There's been an obvious lack of members joining roleplays and a majority of new rps lack quality and go inactive in a day. But from another standpoint, and as you stated before, removing General was also a removal of an avenue for trolls to bother others, and I appreciate that. On another note though, I was disappointed to also see that the community wasn't warned before the change occurred. No, the community doesn't have to make the decisions, but at least take somebody else's opinion into consideration. I hope my point is understood.

Let's also not make claims that the entire or most of the community are against the removal of general. None of you can prove that and not to mention there are quite the number of posts here that are made by the same user using multiple accounts. Those who are for the removal of general wouldn't have much reason or desire to write here so there really is no accurate way to see exactly how the entire community feels about this. So many of you need to stop throwing things around as if they are fact.

It's true that not every opinion is in this thread. Still, it should be a bit staggering that there is a lot of negative feedback and dissatisfied players expressing their opinion. What would be really useful to count the numbers is a poll in the announcements for all to see. Since this topic is still going strong, and accusations are being thrown around, shouldn't it be given a try? (I'm aware that a poll was present in the Game Discussion thread a while ago, but it never received many views.)

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #623 on: August 17, 2013, 01:58:46 pm »
I completely support the idea of a poll. It makes me sad to see the few polls that pop up locked, 'cause if you really want proof over if the majority likes or hates the change, you'd need a poll, because it's impossible to seek out and ask each user individually.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 17, 2013, 02:29:07 pm »
Hey, hey guys. You seriously need to cool it. Look if you don't like this topic, Lock it.

The conversations have been rather calm in the past posts. If and when we find the need to lock this thread then we will. In the meantime everyone is having a discussion and sharing their thoughts.

It's true that not every opinion is in this thread. Still, it should be a bit staggering that there is a lot of negative feedback and dissatisfied players expressing their opinion. What would be really useful to count the numbers is a poll in the announcements for all to see. Since this topic is still going strong, and accusations are being thrown around, shouldn't it be given a try? (I'm aware that a poll was present in the Game Discussion thread a while ago, but it never received many views.)

Initially a poll was never added because we wanted people to express their opinions and discuss things with each other as well as hear out other people's views etc. If we just put up a poll chances are most people would just run to vote and never bother to elaborate on why general's removal upset them or pleased them etc. Discussion is better than just a few numbers that really can't prove anything without some constructive cristism to back it up.

I completely support the idea of a poll. It makes me sad to see the few polls that pop up locked, 'cause if you really want proof over if the majority likes or hates the change, you'd need a poll, because it's impossible to seek out and ask each user individually.

Again the poll isn't going to prove much either. Think about it only the people who have strong feelings about general's removal are going to have inspiration enough to sign in to the site and vote on the poll. Those who either don't care about its removal and those who are completely happy with it aren't going to come running on to the site just to vote on that poll. In that case of course it's going to look like most hate its removal. Let's also remember that most people do not use the site. Unless you can get everyone or at least most of the community on the site just to vote on the poll the poll would be absolutely useless.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:30:50 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 17, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »
Ok then. I have a question. There is still an option for general chat(I think). What happens if you type in that? Cos if you see bereghosts video on him playing FH with his kids on episode 3, you may notice at some point he types in the general chat. The video was made this year.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 17, 2013, 02:57:00 pm »
Ok then. I have a question. There is still an option for general chat(I think). What happens if you type in that? Cos if you see bereghosts video on him playing FH with his kids on episode 3, you may notice at some point he types in the general chat. The video was made this year.

I saw those videos. However, he played Feralheart before the General chat was removed. General was removed a little over a mere month ago. Now, if you type in the General chat, your text will automatically switch to Local when you hit that Enter button.
gone

Offline Senrova

• Community Champion
  • wootwoot
    • SwiftySwoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 17, 2013, 03:22:11 pm »
Oh ok. Whats your opinion of no more general Vespian?

ZelosWilder

« Reply #628 on: August 17, 2013, 04:27:28 pm »
Okay... I have something I wish to say here. LordSuragaha.. you are telling people not to 'make claims', correct? But, aren't YOU doing the same thing yourself? You are 'making claims' that it is NOT the majority of FH that wants General back, although you can clearly see how many people want it. You are also making claims that General chat has benefited FH, and continue to argue that point. You make your claim that General's removal has caused mostly benefits. Yet, when we 'make claims' that most of the people here want Gen-gen back, you tell us to stop making claims. Or, when we say that the removal was bad, you still tell us that. This is how I see it:

Pros- No more General trolling
No more mapwide spamming
No more bad topics that everyone can see.

CONS:
Harder to get Rp members.
Fighting.
Drama.
Fighting over members at Stone Bridge.
Can't meet as many new people without whispering random people who you have no idea whether they're friendly or not.
Rps are dying.
Many people now hate the mods and bash them.
64 pages of people who are very ticked off, and/or trying to stress that they want General back.

Can you PLEASE at least TRY to see the points the community is trying to make? The only things you are paying attention to is you and the other mods' point of view. You see what we are saying, but you are not truly LISTENING to our opinions. General has been gone for two months now, and you can see how annoyed people are with this.

I think it's time to just give General back. Honestly.

Offline Goldilocks

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 17, 2013, 05:50:23 pm »
I agree with padgze on this one guys.... :/