Author Topic: Patch 1.17: Some things are better kept secret...  (Read 59334 times)

Offline Machungwa63

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.17: Some things are better kept secret...
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2019, 03:33:13 pm »
Want to add my personal congratulations and thanks for the staff for making this happen. Personally I’m looking forward to all of the extra emotes I could give my characters in movies. I echo that I wish the staff wasn’t getting such a hard time about the bugs. These are inevitable with updates and honestly we should all be more excited about what this means for the future of this game. It was getting a bit stale and hopefully having the source code will allow this game to continue to evolve in the future. Also, LOVE that the resolution has been updated!
I make FH movies on YouTube! Be sure to check them out and subscribe at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx0ehjAstAokZb3BBgs61uA

Offline JBRWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Smile Always :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2019, 03:34:04 pm »
Eugh. Started up the game only to find all my characters markings had been turned black. Some of those colors took forever for me to get just right. :/// It's not like I write down the color codes for every character in my game. I'm really upset, as some of these characters took hours to make, and most mean a lot to me. Will this be fixed? Or will my characters just remain like this forever? I'm pretty dang upset with this, I hope it can be fixed.

Your characters' head markings should have remained the same color. Simply take their color codes and plop them into the body and tail markings slots!

This was something that was predicted and wasn't anything we could prevent unfortunately

Couldn't you have wrote a script to duplicate the old marking colour to the new markings in the character files? Assuming the character files work similarly to IT servers. Great news and work though, keep it up!

Offline snappyhyena

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • oh worm
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2019, 03:50:20 pm »
I'm beyond excited for this update! I also second the desire to see the old maps back as well, for nostalgic reasons honestly aaaa

My only issue currently is that upon clicking edit on any character or pressing start, my game crashes instantly qwq

the same thing has actually been happening to me? but it's only when i have a certain mod pack on (it was podiums, menu modifications, sound modifications, etc) and it stopped when i replaced them back with the original files
if you have any of those on, most LIKELY podiums, i'd recommend reversing them until the crashing has been fixed :o
guessing that this isn't just my mistake, i might go report this to the bugs thread in a minute-

Offline Offensive

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2019, 05:24:53 pm »
Do you have permission to use the source code?

Offline Graypath112

• Forum Newcomer
    • graypath-paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2019, 05:48:43 pm »
The update is wonderful imo, and just about everything works properly for me! Only problem is that my presets don't seem to show up for me anymore. Like in character creation, none of the presets I've switched over (even the ones there by default) show up for me to add. Is this happening to anyone else? I can't figure out how to fix it.

EDIT: Nevermind! I'm silly and it's been awhile since I played, sorry lol.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 08:53:07 pm by Graypath112 »

Art by RoarTigerRoar @ dA.com

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2019, 07:10:40 pm »
I do hope permission was granted as a couple others have stated before firstly; but this is pleasant news for the future of FeralHeart. I have been keeping an eye out for this over the years and I hope to see the communities wants and needs met to an extent. It makes me smile, seeing the community so excited about this announcement. Cheers.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline EWSpirit

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • EWSpirit
    • EWSpirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2019, 12:41:00 am »
This is great! I never in a million years thought that FH would have an update using the source code. Hopefully it was attained in a 'legal' manner though... Aside from that, this is great for the community. Maybe the game will become more active as more updates are rolled out...? One can only hope.

Offline raggedpelt98

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2019, 07:37:08 am »
FINALLY.
Inactive. Will be back one day

Offline Dangerously

• Forum Newcomer
  • Hi~ Im always on feralheart!Let's be friends! <3:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2019, 05:07:07 pm »
OwO!
Blueberry

Offline SingingSkies

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2019, 07:11:29 pm »
What's the update...? I have a mac (so PlayOnMac) but everytime I try to log in it says download the patch but I don't see a download for it

I was asking about this too and got no response. Will this be fixed soon?
I'm not sure of when/if it will >.< I saw your question too