Author Topic: Wont let me log in  (Read 5835 times)

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
Re: Wont let me log in
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 04:39:31 am »
Hey, so as far as proxies go, disabling them would only give more issues, at least that's what should happen. A proxy or proxy server is basically the communicator between your IP address and what you're telling your computer to do. As far as finding cookies and such, go to your browser and delete your history, when you choose to delete your history it should bring up something that asks what you want to delete, cookies being one of them, as well as the cache.

Incorrect about proxies but you're on the right track with the rest of it. ^^ A proxy is not in any way part of the regular communication process between the internet and a PC so disabling proxies wouldn't do any disruption of IP to Server communication. And the reason for disabling proxies is that a web proxy will make it so your IP on your web browser, which would be your IP on the login tab, differs from the IP on your computer, which would be the IP the game client connects with. A proxy is basically a way to encrypt your connection.

Really? It's been so long since I've looked into proxies to be honest so my memory wasn't really there. I just sort of looked at the definition of proxy in order to refresh my memory and this is what I got: A proxy or proxy server is basically another computer which serves as a hub through which internet requests are processed. By connecting through one of these servers, your computer sends your requests to the proxy server which then processes your request and returns what you were wanting.

Plus I've had an issue in the past with disabling proxies causing my internet to not work correctly.

No worries. I'm by far no expert on this but from my knowledge and experimental usage of proxies, a proxy is a server that you can utilize to encrypt your connection and conceal your identity (not completely). It also has other functions which might lead some people to want to use them--in which they'd have to manually enable them--but they are a sometimes a reason behind game connectivity issues. c:

Oh okay, thank you for the information. x3 I was raised by a major computer geek so I know a lot about certain parts of computers, but proxies aren't my cup of tea, and the definition made it even more confusing. xD

Offline KalypsoSantorini

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 04:45:10 am »
I tried. It didnt work ):

Okay, so just to be sure of this. This was mentioned above but it's important so I thought i'd mention it again.

- Are you logging into this login tab here: https://feral-heart.com/login/index.php
   you have to input your username and password twice
- Are you waiting a few minutes after logging into the login tab before you open up the game client and try to login there?
- Are you leaving that login tab open in your browser while you try to log in to the game?

Im going to try one more time with the tab sitting open for a minute before opening the actual game.

Offline KalypsoSantorini

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 04:45:59 am »
Just in case, I suggest checking to see if your IP matches up correctly if all else fails.
Try clicking this link here > Check My IP < and then once you have down that,
click this link here > IP Zip < and run it. See what IP it gives you.
If the IPs don't match, you're using a proxy and you need to disable it.

Make sure to not post your IP anywhere. Keep it to yourself ~!

The second link didnt work for me

Offline KalypsoSantorini

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 04:47:23 am »
I just tried a different browser and that didnt work. I tried redownloading it and that didnt work. How do i check my cookies, caches, and proxies?"

Hey, so as far as proxies go, disabling them would only give more issues, at least that's what should happen. A proxy or proxy server is basically the communicator between your IP address and what you're telling your computer to do. As far as finding cookies and such, go to your browser and delete your history, when you choose to delete your history it should bring up something that asks what you want to delete, cookies being one of them, as well as the cache.

I know currently that there are some issues surrounding Feral Heart logins, I've witnessed this myself when at one point in time I was able to get into my account by simply typing in any password without using my actual one, but that was only on the forums and the issue is no longer present. The issue you're having could very well be something missing within your game files which effects the login, in which case you should completely get rid of everything to do with Feral Heart from your computer, not just uninstall it, and then download it once more and try again.

It could also be the order in which you're attempting to log in. Log into the play game portion before you even start Feral Heart, that gives it some time, then start up Feral Heart and attempt to log in, if that doesn't work then I'm not sure what the problem is. It could be your firewall, or it could be your computer doesn't  properly support the game. Do you have windows? And if so, what version? Apple, I don't know much about and Linux is definitely far from my knowledge. What I do know is that if you're running it on a computer with windows Vista, you might have an issue.

I've played the game on this same computer before, It just randomly stopped working for me one day. Havnt been able to figure it out after it stopped.

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 05:08:32 am »
I just tried a different browser and that didnt work. I tried redownloading it and that didnt work. How do i check my cookies, caches, and proxies?"

I know currently that there are some issues surrounding Feral Heart logins, I've witnessed this myself when at one point in time I was able to get into my account by simply typing in any password without using my actual one, but that was only on the forums and the issue is no longer present. The issue you're having could very well be something missing within your game files which effects the login, in which case you should completely get rid of everything to do with Feral Heart from your computer, not just uninstall it, and then download it once more and try again.

It could also be the order in which you're attempting to log in. Log into the play game portion before you even start Feral Heart, that gives it some time, then start up Feral Heart and attempt to log in, if that doesn't work then I'm not sure what the problem is. It could be your firewall, or it could be your computer doesn't  properly support the game. Do you have windows? And if so, what version? Apple, I don't know much about and Linux is definitely far from my knowledge. What I do know is that if you're running it on a computer with windows Vista, you might have an issue.

I've played the game on this same computer before, It just randomly stopped working for me one day. Haven't been able to figure it out after it stopped.

That's strange, I'm sorry I really don't know what the issue might be. It might have to do with something in your computer, such as it being too slow, or your internet being too slow to load the game. Of course it could be something else but other than completely getting rid of Feral Heart off the c-drive and redownloading/installing everything, I don't know what else might work.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 06:24:31 am »
I had a similar, if not the same problem a few days ago, I was able to fix it by simply using my default basic browser, instead of my Google Chrome which I like better. I wish I could of figured out how to fix this so I can just use Google Chrome, but oh well at least I can get on by using another browser, so that was good enough for me for now.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 08:19:03 am »
Just in case, I suggest checking to see if your IP matches up correctly if all else fails.

If you click the link, a download should've started and then a zip file would've popped up on the bottom of the screen. You could always check your Downloads folder or where ever your downloads go on your computer to see if it didn't already installed itself in there.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline KalypsoSantorini

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 04:20:56 am »
I had a similar, if not the same problem a few days ago, I was able to fix it by simply using my default basic browser, instead of my Google Chrome which I like better. I wish I could of figured out how to fix this so I can just use Google Chrome, but oh well at least I can get on by using another browser, so that was good enough for me for now.

I tried a different browser :( It didnt work for me

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 05:21:43 am »
Is there a firewall blocking FeralHeart? (If you downloaded a new one, that one would need to allow it access as well as the default firewall.)

The second link should open a new tab, that tab will then download a .zip file and then automatically close. Open the .zip and then run the FHmyIP.exe. Do NOT tell anyone what it says.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.