Author Topic: ideas to get people to stop complaining in local  (Read 1240 times)

Offline ToilAndTrouble

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • hi i like cheese
    • View Profile
ideas to get people to stop complaining in local
« on: May 29, 2018, 12:37:10 pm »
Alright i didn't know what to add for a title
but
yeah
people seem to like to complain in local and it's annoying -- however here's a way to kind of fix that?
they say the login page is bad bc new players can't find it
what if there was a link to the login page either on the registration page once the account was made, it gets sent in a confirmation email, or members receive a pm with the login page link?
pls this complaining is terrible i just want some peace n quiet

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: ideas to get people to stop complaining in local
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 07:17:19 pm »
I quite like that idea! We'd have to check with Razzles to see if he would be up to editing it, since the rest of the staff cannot actually edit the log-in page or the interworkings of the confirmation system. I agree that it would probably help clear up some confusion in regards to troubleshooting why one's account might not be accessible due to the page's absence. Thank you for your suggestion.^^

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Lucius

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 07:52:42 pm »
I actually had a similar-ish idea—which I detailed in another thread—that could work alongside yours, and that was to put the instructions on how to log-in right into the game itself:
My suggestion would be to use the "Bulletin.cfg" file, which is one of those things that the staff can modify without the source code. Put it right up there in caps, "YOU MUST LOGIN TO THE "PLAY GAME" TAB ON THE FORUMS BEFORE LOGGING INTO THE GAME". At least then, players will have instructions on what to do right from the start.

I quite like the idea of putting a link on the registration page as well, though I think the email or PM with the link might be more practical, since people will know where to look right after account creation. In my experience, folks might not keep the registration page open after account creation, since I usually go right to my email and confirm my account, so there are some like me who might not see the link.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 09:47:42 pm »
I think that having the login page more... obvious would definitely hope. Not sure if this is possible, but maybe putting a link on the update sidetext whatever it's called when you log into the game.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 01:00:53 am »
I think it's better to at have a link to the Play Game tab somewhere that's obvious but not on the forum, because I don't think many people visit the forum right after they register.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.