Author Topic: Hoden Devorationem | He that cannot obey, cannot command.  (Read 710 times)

Offline Folktale

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I'm always up for a chat ♥
    • View Profile
Hoden Devorationem | He that cannot obey, cannot command.
« on: October 10, 2018, 11:43:26 pm »

Your heart smacks harshly against your chest as you race through the dense forest, your legs falling into a hasty rhythm of stretching in and out. Your vision is blurred by your pure adrenaline, hardly seeing the foliage laid out before you. But in some miracle, you safely bound across the forest floor. The only thing that is keeping you from stopping is the loud barks, yips, and howls coming from directly behind you. You push further, not wishing to meet the same end your friends did; The sight of blood and gore is permanently embroidered into your mind, and the very thought of it makes you wince. You must keep going.

You near a clearing, the moon shining above, its tranquil beams gracing the ground. You would feel at peace here if it wasn't for the horrors behind you. Just at the mention of them, you shiver, your fur fluffing up. Beasts. That's what they are.

As you enter the meadow, gleaming eyes from the tree line peek out, shadowy figures behind them. You quickly get ready to turn and dart the other way, but at a quick glace, you see yourself surrounded. The beasts are hiding in the trees, protected by the shadows. Only one dares to enter the light, an odd looking creature. However, as it approaches, you realize it is no beast, but a canine like yourself. How could this be? You yourself watched them devour your pack mate, and the only time you've heard of such horrors were in stories. Were they true all along?

The unknown canine approached with such confidence and authority, her head held high, wearing the moon like a crown. Soon enough, she blocked out the beacon, towering over your quivering figure. "Pathetic mutt," she hisses, spitting all over your features, "however, I suppose there is a... spark within you." You look into her menacing eyes, scared to move a muscle. "And yet. Here you are, practically kneeling at my feet." In a flash, the canine lashes a forearm outwards, her claws scratching across your face. The force is enough to knock you over, air escaping you lungs. You struggle to breathe as she continues mocking you.

"You're weak. Yet again, you were able to outrun these mongrels," she motions to the shadows in the trees, who, after a prolonged glace, were canine as well. "We could use that. Though by the frightful look in your eyes, you'll need to be trained." Blinking, you get up, though not without hesitation. You cannot bring yourself to fully process her words. She wants you to join her ranks? Right after you saw her rip the life out of your friends? Insane.

"An answer would be appreciated," spatted another unknown beast who made their way into the clearing, "what will it be?" By now, the rest of the pack followed suit, enclosing you into a tight circle, their eyes filled with a hunger you can't comprehend. There's dozens of them, all yearning for the same thing: meat and blood. You quickly realize you have two options. Accept, and become as cold-hearted as the canines surrounding you, or die a pathetic death.

The original female speaks one last time, her voice blank with emotion, "Join us, or perish."

------

Welcome to Hoden Devorationem! We are a literate, semi-realistic, active, mapless, RPSR, ceremonial, ritualistic, and most importantly, cannibalistic. This pack has been in the making since February 2017, and after a short hiatus, we're back and better than ever. We have many plots planned and even more OOC activities for our members to get to know each other. We may be cold and brutal in-game, but in actuality, we're a family.

If you are interested in joining, please feel free to message me on the website and/or on my discord (Folktale#4698). We appreciate your consideration, and thank you for reading <3
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:25:34 am by Folktale »
Profile Picture by my good friend Emmi <3

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Hoden Devorationem | He that cannot obey, cannot command.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:07:49 am »
Oh wow it looks like heart and soul was put into creating this roleplay. It really makes me curious, heh. I wish you luck in advertising and in the future. <3
not active here anymore ♡