Author Topic: Item not displaying.  (Read 1296 times)

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Item not displaying.
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:51:29 pm »
I downloaded the item pack (Ringo and Delay's) but when I placed the files into the folders (followed the instructions of the Read Me File), launched FH, went into Preset Tool, and clicked to wear an item, nothing showed up. Same thing with Icecub's items. They appear in the Item Box, but not onto the character. I don't know if it's the items placed into the wrong folder, or something got deleted, but I did try deleting all the files and re-downloading the item files again, placing them, etc., but it still doesn't show up. Is there a solution to this? =o Thanks

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Item not displaying.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:43:50 am »
Very certain that it's something with where you installed the actual item files, since you can see the list of items your config file for the items is placed correctly and found by the game, but the game itself is unable to find the very items(mesh and material files) and therefore nothing shows up on your character when you choose an item.

If your FeralHeart is installed on the default location, ALL item files except the items.cfg should go into "C:\FeralHeart\media\items". If you go to this folder and see that you have indeed placed everything in there, there's one more thing you could check.

Go to the main FeralHeart folder(C:\FeralHeart) and look for "Resources.cfg", and open it with notepad. On the very bottom of the config it should say:

[Items]
FileSystem=media/items

If it doesn't, go ahead and add this to your config file, save the changes and then close it.

If you still are unable to see them it's simply that you are just doing it wrong lol, things like maybe having 2 instances of FeralHeart installed on your computer and mixing up which one got what installed or something other derpy like that. But the two things above is and should be the only things it could ever be, taking for granted that you install it as it should be installed.

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 09:47:39 pm »
Okay so I think the problem is that I did do it wrong - there is probably 2 instances of FeralHeart on my laptop. I checked everything else and nothing is missing or placed wrongly - unfortunately. (Fixing those two seem easier.)

Is there anyway I can delete the original files or get rid of them, so my items will show up?

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 08:55:15 pm »
bump /: