Author Topic: Terrain/Mask crashing game  (Read 1619 times)

Offline BlackSheWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I'm Xena !
    • blackshewolf666
    • View Profile
    • Discord
Re: Terrain/Mask crashing game
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 05:15:32 am »
I recommend to use GIMP for make map, since it secures you the flayer is GREYSCALE (check it) - It happened to me recently, It worked for me when I downloaded a flat heightmap, http://www.mediafire.com/file/ausqlcih5y3qd3v/TestHeightmap.jpg, and opened it.
Then I copied the layer of my heigh map and copied in the same layer, remplacing it [if you are on gimp]. Then I changed the name, exporting it as .png
Tell me if something advanced, thanks.
Open MD if you need help!
Abre un MD si necesitas ayuda!

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 05:57:55 am »
hmmm, I could load the terrain + mask just fine. I would guess the issue is something else.

I think particles are an unlikely suspect -- they usually make you crash immediately when duplicate (via Ogre::IdentityException) and fresh maps don't have particles in them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:59:51 am by Vilivikhorith »

wolfdog01

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 07:55:29 am »
I make sure to use GIMP for all of my maps, even ones I made waaaaaaaay back when.
I'm thankful that ya'll are trying to test the images yourself, because I honestly have no idea what is wrong. Perhaps my computer glitched up somewhere and maybe it is having an issue with FH? I used to be able to uninstall the game just fine, but for the past like 5 months or so I can't. I get a notification that something can't be found to uninstall it, I can't remember exactly what it says, I could probably screenshot it. But because of this I have to manually delete the whole FH folder, I searched through my Local Disk (C:) files and couldn't find anything left, but maybe there is something elsewhere?