Author Topic: 3d model creation for fh  (Read 1507 times)

Offline 10lizards

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
3d model creation for fh
« on: February 12, 2019, 04:39:14 am »
Hey! I wanted to make some meshes for the game but I'm new to this and not sure how to begin so does anyone know what program the models in this game were made in and do I need to use the same one to create more? If that's not a problem I can use Maya 2017/2018 or blender, would one of those work?
Thanks!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: 3d model creation for fh
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 04:43:44 am »
Hello! This would better fit in the Help thread, but don't worry, a mod will move it to the correct place for you =)

As for what to use, I personally would suggest using Blender. I believe you would have to install the OGRE expoerter, however. I'm not entirely sure. Anyone else please correct me if I'm wrong! As for getting the exporter for blender, I sadly don't have a link to it at the moment, but if anyone else has it, I'm sure they'll send it your way.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 04:45:28 am by Ame88 »

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 04:49:13 am »
Moving this over to game help board, but you might be able to find some help here. c:

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 04:03:47 am »
Hi, 10lizards! I typed this up the other day but I feel it would help explain how to import and export meshes into the game. Currently the only free way to export ogre meshes is through Blender, however there are others available for purchase on various other sites.

Before I begin I would like to mention I am on a phone at the moment, so I apologize for any misspellings. I may also edit this post later one once I am able to get a hold of more links, as doing so at this moment of time is difficult.

Hello Tama13, technically you can make items using Cinema 4D, however you may need to later transfer them into another program—usually either Blender v2.49b or AC3D—and to convert your exported .obj file into a .mesh using a series of downloaded converters in order for Feralheart to be able to recognize in use it.

If you would like to get around having to download Blender and whatnot, there is a .mesh converter available for Cinema 4D, however it is not free: https://skinprops.com/iogre.php

However, if you decide to go the free route, you will need to read the following information on installation. You will first need to follow everything listed below in order to get ready to export .mesh files from Blender.

Quote from: Ruby1234
I. - Required Downloads & Installation
-If you have newer versions of any of these, move/delete them, they won't work. You MUST have the exact downloads below.
**If you do not have a program that can open .rar files, you'll need 7-Zip.

Download and install Python and Blender first.

Blender v2.49b
Python

Secondly, you'll need these scripts for Blender.

Exporter
Script Bundle

Once you have the scripts downloaded, you'll need to EXTRACT the contents, and copy them to the scripts folder, located in
C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts
OR
C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

Conclusively, you'll need the
Old OgreCommandLineTools[
Old OgreCommandLineTools
Pass: ITOCLT

Once you have downloaded the .rar, extract it directly to your C: drive. Don't worry, there is a folder inside the rar, so extracting it directly won't cause the contents to spill all over your C: drive

It is a pretty lengthy process, and I will already presume you have at least some background in 3D modeling (considering you have Cinema 4D). As I explained above, after you are satisfied with your object, you will want to export it as an .obj file which will spit out a material (.mlt ) file accordingly. Upon doing so, you will need to import your mesh into Blender and carefully follow everything explained in the following quote.

Quote from: Ruby1234
In Blender you go to File->Import
find your Object Files, make sure Smooth Groups is selected, and import it,
then you make sure what you want to export as a mesh is selected (selecting in blender is right click)
Then Export->OGRE Meshes
and export it to wherever, preferably into your OgreCommandLineTools folder, then drag & drop the .mesh.xml onto the OgreXMLConverter.exe and it will spit out a .mesh.

After you finish and finally get your .mesh file, you can impliment it into your game, either as an object to be used in maps, or a wearable item on your character by placing the files into the appropriately corresponding folder(s).

If you need anything to be elaborated on, do ask or feel free to message me privately. I also may be able to supply screenshots detailing everything if necessary at a later time. I do believe I made a tutorial on exporting .mesh files from AD3D as well if you look around the Meshing and Modding Tutorials subboard.

If you still need any explanation, please feel free to contact me personally, because I just set up Blender on my computer recently after not having it for a while. If you need any tips or headers I'll be happy to give you some. I had some issues with plugin downloads in my experience, so if you run into any issues let me know and I will send you the files you need.

I do believe FH's models were made in Blender, but in all honesty, I am not entirely sure. Still, they certainly can be modified and tweaked in Blender. In fact, many people make animation mods and add their own adjustments to the models themselves. If you are looking to get into the animation aspect, I'd highly recommend checking out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy29SRCFgjo You can also definitely check out the board wolffox linked above for more information and inspiration.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 05:17:08 am »
When it comes to exporting meshes or converting meshes to the correct format, DeleD is another free tool that can help. It's also useful because you can rename your materials how you like them.

Bloo. did a good job of explaining how to use DeleD to convert meshes to the correct type for FeralHeart. I prefer Blender now that I've gotten used to it but just pointing DeleD out as an option for ya!
Check > here < for Bloo.'s tutorial.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 07:10:05 pm »
Hello i'm late but... Some of the links above no longer function, if you do end up using blender here's some scripts that might come in handy http://www.mediafire.com/file/i8ccmilduap1cc8/OgreCommandLineTools_1.7.2.zip/file
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"