Author Topic: Game not opening? |FIXED|  (Read 3729 times)

AlphaEclipse

Re: Game not opening?
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2019, 08:52:38 pm »
Hello, FlamingRedRose, in order to figure out why your game is crashing, I am going to recommend you find Feralheart's directory (located in C:\Feralheart) and opening FH.log using notepad or another text editor. Copy and paste its contents directly here after you start the game up and it crashes.

Similarly, I would also recommend you try Vilivikhorith's custom log file available at the following link. https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=61007.msg841371#msg841371 I use the file myself and I feel it is a very useful tool for viewing the game's logs, better so than the original FH.log file that is included with the game. If you decide to try it out, copy and paste all of its contents here after the game crashes.

Either log file (the linked version more so) will hopefully lead us in some direction to why your game is crashing. Considering it crashes before the game fully reaches the main screen, I doubt it has anything to do with a heightmap or mask issue.

I remember that before this major update (neq maps, etc.) creating maps was easier and no such big problems (like right now) didn't happen..

I actually have heard many similar statements and whether they not are accurate is up for debate. Still, I feel they are valid and there may be an issue stemming from an added file. If you are up for it, you could send me your map's raw files—including the objects, heightmap and mask, etc. that are associated with it—so I can test it out on an older version of the game. In your map, do you use custom objects?

Offline GracebyTrace

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Profile Pic not mine!!
    • H
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 10:23:26 pm »
Must be something in your old game files. Check your my_objects folder and look up _0 and then _1 in the search bar. If there's anything that's a duplicate, primarily particles, delete it and restart your game.

p.s. i know you're frustrated about this but please don't swear on the forums even if you censored it. i'd suggest removing that.

Still nothing works. This problem starts after every time I EXPORT the map I made.

P.S.Fixed
Former FeralHeart veteran known as: ShadowNightmare
Forgot my log in info.... >.>
Signature by Ellen11v Thank you!! :33

LEAVING FOR GOOD! GOODBYE!!!

Offline GracebyTrace

• Experienced Traveler
  • Profile Pic not mine!!
    • H
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2019, 10:29:39 pm »
Hello, FlamingRedRose, in order to figure out why your game is crashing, I am going to recommend you find Feralheart's directory (located in C:\Feralheart) and opening FH.log using notepad or another text editor. Copy and paste its contents directly here after you start the game up and it crashes.

Similarly, I would also recommend you try Vilivikhorith's custom log file available at the following link. https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=61007.msg841371#msg841371 I use the file myself and I feel it is a very useful tool for viewing the game's logs, better so than the original FH.log file that is included with the game. If you decide to try it out, copy and paste all of its contents here after the game crashes.

Either log file (the linked version more so) will hopefully lead us in some direction to why your game is crashing. Considering it crashes before the game fully reaches the main screen, I doubt it has anything to do with a heightmap or mask issue.

I remember that before this major update (neq maps, etc.) creating maps was easier and no such big problems (like right now) didn't happen..

I actually have heard many similar statements and whether they not are accurate is up for debate. Still, I feel they are valid and there may be an issue stemming from an added file. If you are up for it, you could send me your map's raw files—including the objects, heightmap and mask, etc. that are associated with it—so I can test it out on an older version of the game. In your map, do you use custom objects?

Hey! I remember you back from 2013 or something, gosh I missed you!!!!!! >.<

Anyways, here is the text file of the FH.log:

Capabilities:: VertexProgram: YES
Capabilities:: FragmentProgram: YES
Sound:: Initialized: YES
ERROR::SaveFile:loadz: WaterMillGates.cfg failed!

No, I NEVER tempered with the WaterMill map or any of the FH in-game maps whatsoever, just heads up.

I'm not so very sure of that file, so I'm sorry, I'm not going to use it.

And I see.

Offline GracebyTrace

• Experienced Traveler
  • Profile Pic not mine!!
    • H
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 10:35:59 pm »
Also yes, I used custom objects, like moving trees, elks in different poses, rabbits in different poses, bison, fish.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 11:50:27 pm »
Oh my goodness what!! Message me your old IGN I probably will remember you! I hope you have been well regardless! <3

I believe you when you say you haven't messed with the Watermill.cfg map—do not worry—I get the same error. Still, it is very odd that nothing else specifically is popping up though. I have seen that happen a lot since the last update. Also, it is perfectly okay to be wary of that file, do not worry about it.

I just got your PM so I will check it out right now!

Offline GracebyTrace

• Experienced Traveler
  • Profile Pic not mine!!
    • H
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 08:23:32 am »
Oh my goodness what!! Message me your old IGN I probably will remember you! I hope you have been well regardless! <3

I believe you when you say you haven't messed with the Watermill.cfg map—do not worry—I get the same error. Still, it is very odd that nothing else specifically is popping up though. I have seen that happen a lot since the last update. Also, it is perfectly okay to be wary of that file, do not worry about it.

I just got your PM so I will check it out right now!

Ah, alrighty then.

I'll try to continue through the PM, if anyone else replies, I'll reply back and update once everything is fixed.

Offline GracebyTrace

• Experienced Traveler
  • Profile Pic not mine!!
    • H
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 08:37:55 am »
I think I fixed and found the problem!!!!!!!!!!!

I used this person's go on fixing the same problem and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!! https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60821.0

Turns out there was an aura_0.particle removed it and the game began to work!

Please don't lock this topic yet! I'll try and see what will happen after I export a random map.

Offline GracebyTrace

• Experienced Traveler
  • Profile Pic not mine!!
    • H
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 08:41:04 am »
Okay, so nothingbad is happening again!

It was all that aura_0.particle messing up the game!

Glad to have it fixed, I feel so relieved!!!!!

THank you all for your help!!!

Once I have enough posts I'll floof you all!!!! :33333

PocketMutt

Re: Game not opening? |FIXED|
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 09:22:03 am »
Glad to see the issue was fixed !
Will be locking this now but let me know if anything else comes up and if you need me to unlock !