Author Topic: Update: Mesh Modding  (Read 1266 times)

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Mr. Sakurai I don't feel too good.
    • View Profile
Update: Mesh Modding
« on: February 21, 2019, 06:41:54 pm »
 Hello everyone,

I have just gotten back into the swing of converting meshes for FH and I'm now wondering if it's possible to mod the meshes in the game. When I say that, I mean is it possible to mod the default meshes? I know you can mod the textures for the game; but the thing is, each time I try to perform a mesh replacement with meshes that are improvements from the originals the meshes use the Basewhite texture instead of the assigned texture.

Is there anything I can do about that, or is mesh modding the default meshes impossible and I will have to stick to using texture mods only?

Update: I changed all of the default meshes and manually typed in the textures. They work like a charm, but only in the object maker and map maker. I have no idea why they won't show in the main game. The only way they show up in game is base white and over sized and or undersized. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Update 2: Case closed, I just figured it out and everything works perfectly. Once I finish modding the water, sky, and other things, I might release this mod to the community. ^^
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 02:10:41 am by DraconisFantasy »
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Mesh Modding
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 08:37:43 pm »
Hmmm,
Are you ensuring that your material names on your new meshes, before you export them, are the same material name as the current/default meshes? Sounds to me like that could be the culprit.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Mesh Modding
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 01:19:14 am »
 I just checked all of them and they all match the exact names as the ones found in the folders. I made sure that I named them all exactly the same, I even copy and pasted the names in case I messed up, but for some reason it's still the base white.
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Update: Mesh Modding
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 10:13:49 pm »
*Bump*
"I'm really feeling it!"

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 10:17:20 pm »
Hello, DraconisFantasy, I notice you fixed the problem. I could not help but wonder, what was the issue? I am curious to know myself. You can message me privately if this topic ends up locked, however, do not consider a response urgent by any means!

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 11:45:49 pm »
Hello, DraconisFantasy, I notice you fixed the problem. I could not help but wonder, what was the issue? I am curious to know myself. You can message me privately if this topic ends up locked, however, do not consider a response urgent by any means!

Ah the issue was I needed to export the object group. I did it by creating object groups titled: fhMyTrees, fhMyGrass, ect.

Once I finished creating the object groups I exported them. I then went into exports and moved the files to: FeralHeart > media > terrains > fhmaps >fhobjects. Once I did that all of the objects were replaced and worked how I wanted them to.
"I'm really feeling it!"