Author Topic: Lord Of The Rings Map, WIP  (Read 6047 times)

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Lord Of The Rings Map, WIP
« on: August 11, 2013, 12:06:58 am »
About
I am making a large huge Lord Of The Rings Map. Here I will post updates and such until I finish it. I'm a huge LoRT fan, and I belive I have the skills it takes to make this map.

The map will actually be a map pack, contain 5 or so maps.  The only place I'm postive that it will have its own map is the Mines of Moria. Feel free to suggest places (Please do). The map will be huge, although I've not decided on the exact size yet.
I've decided I will not be allowing people to create their own roleplays (In fear of demon RPs and 1000 kings of Gondor). There will be one "offical" roleplay created instead. But the map will still be for public download, and you dont have to join the RP to just hang out/explore/fangirl/have fun! :)

Progress And Updates
Hight map is done! My Forum, User, And DA Name are written on it. DO NOT STEAL IT.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Terrain Mask Is Done!
Main Map is 15% Done
Predicted Finishing Date: January

"How Can I Help?"
I many ways, my kinda little floof!

Meshes
I am in desperate need of meshes.  If you know how to mesh at all, or convert, Please let me know via PM. If you could even find somehelpful meshes, I would apperciate it greatly. :)

Terrains
I suck at making them. If anyone could make me some, it would be great!

Beta Testers
PM me for more information

Support
Just comment :)

Thanks for looking, all feedback is apperciated!! :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:55:49 am by SilverFangs »

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
Re: Lord Of The Rings Map, WIP
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 12:08:10 am »
CopyRights just crossed my mind. Im going to look into it.
But Id like to say that nothing Lord of the rings related belongs to me, and full credit goes to JJR Tolkien for writing about the wonderful world of middle eath and all it inhabitats! An thank god he did, or I'd have to find a new fandom. XD

But I honestly dont think Copyrights should be a problem as I have seen other maps based off books.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:21:41 am by SilverFangs »

Offline Poppyheart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Warrior cats forever~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 09:14:13 pm »
That map sounds brilliant! Although it would be awesome if you made a Rohan map too, though I know that would be pretty hard, like you said.. What about the trollshaws? That's where Rivendell is. If you're such a big fan you should play the game, LotRO (LotR online).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 09:19:11 pm by Chearry »

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 11:59:08 pm »
That map sounds brilliant! Although it would be awesome if you made a Rohan map too, though I know that would be pretty hard, like you said.. What about the trollshaws? That's where Rivendell is. If you're such a big fan you should play the game, LotRO (LotR online).
:D I have only heard of the hobbit game - I gotta check that out! I'm putting certain areas in there own maps (Moria, for example), so rohan may end up like that. I need a good hourse mesh for rohan... I will add the trollshaws to the list :)

Smiling.Sin

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 12:44:54 am »
Omg. I'm going to stalk this. If you need help, let me know.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 12:47:00 am »
Omg! :o I was wondering if anyone would ever make Middle Earth maps. Looks like you'll be the one to do it. ;)
I can tell this won't be an easy task, but I wish you luck with your project, and I hope to see when it's finished. :D

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 12:57:54 am »
Omg. I'm going to stalk this. If you need help, let me know.
:D Everything going smoothly, but getting those meshes is gonna kill me. :/ BTW, love your avatar :)

Omg! :o I was wondering if anyone would ever make Middle Earth maps. Looks like you'll be the one to do it. ;)
I can tell this won't be an easy task, but I wish you luck with your project, and I hope to see when it's finished. :D

Thank you, and hopefully it will be done in two moths or so. School starts early this year (Next week D:) so it puts me behind. But I will have schreenshots soon enough! :D

Offline Poppyheart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Warrior cats forever~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 05:36:37 am »
:D I have only heard of the hobbit game - I gotta check that out! I'm putting certain areas in there own maps (Moria, for example), so rohan may end up like that. I need a good hourse mesh for rohan... I will add the trollshaws to the list :)
You should play it! You get to follow the Fellowship on their way to mordor.(If you want to, go on the server 'Windfola' because that's the one I'm on and this is probably getting off topic so I should stop xD)~ It might give you a nice look into how you want the maps to look! Yeah well anyway, I think there's a shire/clydesdale mesh somewhere, I don't know where to find it though.

Offline unnbrellas

• View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 12:41:33 pm »
You should play it! You get to follow the Fellowship on their way to mordor.(If you want to, go on the server 'Windfola' because that's the one I'm on and this is probably getting off topic so I should stop xD)~ It might give you a nice look into how you want the maps to look! Yeah well anyway, I think there's a shire/clydesdale mesh somewhere, I don't know where to find it though.
I'll check it out! I saw a clydale mesh once, but it was before I made maps, so of course I didnt get it :/ Now I gotta find it again....
Good to see Im not the only LOTR fan around here! (Im suprised there aren't more though)

Offline Ex0rcist

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Slow Ex0 is slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 12:59:15 pm »
Oh, LoTR is my absolute favourite... I'm glad to have come across this thread, and doing so, I wish you best of luck on this giant project and I can't wait to see the finishing product. c:

In-Game User: ex0rcist